The Children's Place Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
The Children's Place President & CEO Jane Elfers
Jane Elfers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you have kids you get 30 % as employee discount (in 115 reviews)

• Friendly atmosphere, room for advancement, flexible schedule (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management can be a little difficult to deal with they expect a lot with little time (in 119 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance is hard when you have a family (in 41 reviews)

1. "Outrageous"

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

High volume company, good benefits

Cons

Greedy, no payroll hours given but higher bonuses are made in coorporate

Advice to Management

Go elsewhere

2. "Don't do it"

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

You have a job and are getting paid. FT not even working 40 hours during holiday

Cons

Everything else about the company. Exceptionally poor customer service and employee treatment. Greedy company. If a product sells well in the middle of the sales that item only will be moved to a hire priced rack.

Advice to Management

Hire mgmt that knows what they are doing. Hire mgmt that works AT LEAST 40 hours a week.

3. "This job is terrible..."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly... there is none. Unless you have a kid/kids you get i believe 40% off.

Cons

Im being given 5-9 hours a week and ive been there for a year.. and know how to do everything & do it very well... but new seasonal employees get 20 hours?? its crazy! customers are extremely rude and mess up everything, pay is terrible for what we deal with, too much shipment (even customers complain to me constantly about too much stuff/boxes), coworkers constantly talking down on each other and gossiping and just being rude ex. someone told me they hated my hair after i just got it done and i initially really liked it.. they will hire literally anyone... , Sales associates know more than our ASM..., theres days we have to stay till 2am or later just to get the store clean... this store is ridiculous...

Advice to Management

Better pay, less shipment, listen to employees and customers suggestions, some sort of plan when it comes to cleaning like a night crew or people who specifically come in and do shipment, more careful interviewing process.

4. "Stay away!!! Don’t work here!!"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

You get 30% discount off everything

Cons

Very unrealistic expectations!! Stay away from working here. They burn you out!!! You think it will get better but the workloads are always heavy and they give you no hours. They expect you to do all this work with no hours and no help.

5. "Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None really, just that they have good clothing deals and are flexible with your hours but other than that nothing.

Cons

Horrible customer service.. sad to say I am embarrassed to be representing this company. No one greets the customers or ask if they need help. Was left to figure stuff out on my own no one trained me. Put me to use the cash register on first day and had attitude when I would ask for help.

Advice to Management

Show more respect to customers

6. "More walk less talk"

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k and 30% employee discount
    Quarterly you will receive a 40% discount for the weekend. However, during this time they will increase their prices.

Cons

Upper management do not practice what they preach. Rarely visit and when they do it's usually in preparation for a corporate visit.

Advice to Management

Manage performance with direct feedback more frequently

"Not that Great"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time

Pros

-Flexible schedule
    -Flexible dress code
    -Ok discount if you have kids

Cons

-Angry Customers
    -Credit Card sales = hours, so the top associate with the most cards gets the most hours.

8. "Great Store but with corporate flaws"

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time

Pros

Great employee discount, flexible with scheduling, dependent on store great team ofmpople to work with.

Cons

The company puts so much effort into changing the floor plans every two weeks, throwing away marketing that doesn't even get recycled but they can't fork out some dough to provide the stores with better garbage bags or better cleaning equipment other then a freaking old feather duster. The fact that also associates aren't allowed to work over 20 hours without corporate approvals is insane. Also that the store are so tiny but the managers are made to hire a million people so associates only get like 8 hours a week when split up over all the employees.

"Associate"

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Almost everybody besides a few that I've worked with have been very nice, friendly, and understanding. My coworkers became friends.
    Good experience dealing with the public, gave me confidence in the work I do there.

Cons

The management does not care about the associates or key holders. They only pay attention/ care for the SM and ASM. When then DM pays a visit they never ask the associates how things are going, if there anything they could do to help, etc. they expect so much to get done for so little pay. Their payroll is so terrible that associates will get at most 20 hours a week, and associates are never given full time positions. The customers are ruthless and complain over a shirt that is 1.99 is "too expensive" and will literally argue over price adjusting by one penny. I could go on and on but I'd be here all night.

Advice to Management

Offer better pay because the amount of stress and pressure put on ALL the employees (not just managers, associates included) is rediculous which is why the turn over for this company is so incredibly high. Within the past year there has been turn over of over 9 managers at my store and 10+ associates. There's a reason for it and it's time this company meets the demands of these hard working people.

10. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

I have been working at The Children's Place (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employee discount. Friendly coworkers. I work in a large store with a large back room. Nothing else comes to mind.

Cons

Everything. No one in a management position I have meet knows what they are doing. The designs are ugly! Return policy sucks.

Advice to Management

Ask employees what sells best in the stores. Don't let your employees over hear you talking crap about them.

Showing 158 of 1,438 reviews