The Clear Blue Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2016

Found 13 reviews

2.9
Robin S. Konieczny
  1. "Welcoming and engaging, perfect summer internship."

Former Employee - Account Executive Intern in Huntersville, NC

I worked at The Clear Blue part-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were very supportive and wanted to see me do well. They encouraged me to take on responsibility in projects and to provide input during meetings. I appreciated the varied types of accounts and the drive exemplified by the President. Everyone was very understanding when I got a rare opportunity for a family vacation and let me hop right back into things when I got back. Overall I feel like this internship challenged...

Cons

Work load can vary depending on timelines set by clients, so some days will be slow while others blaze by.

Advice to Management

Try to have more clear delineation of tasks, though I expected that this would be loose for an internship.

The Clear Blue2014-07-30
  2. "Corrupt Business Practices"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Huntersville, NC

I worked at The Clear Blue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Variety of clients that provided a diverse portfolio and international exposure. Small agency flexibility with appts, time off, etc.

Cons

The hierarchy is all that mattered in the work place. Employees were treated horribly, and would be asked to do anything to get the dollar at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

They do not manage people well. They are experienced and knowledgeable people, not meant to run a business. Their efforts would be best utilized working for another company.

The Clear Blue2016-08-15

"Unethical, owner has wild personality and mood swings"

I worked at The Clear Blue full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would never recommend this company.

Cons

I was forced to write a positive review for Clear Blue when I worked there. Several of us were. I deleted that reviewthe day I quit. Do not take a job with this company. Go on LinkedIn. Look at the owner's profile, call her previous agencies and clients and ask them about her. I was literally warned before I took this job and wish I had listened. The owner has wild mood swings and paranoia. She can be terrifying when...

Advice to Management

Retire.

The Clear Blue2015-01-17
  4. "Excellence in Business"

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Huntersville, NC

I worked at The Clear Blue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Robin Konieczny is an excellent business leader. She is not only business savvy but extremely creative as well as an excellent writer. She treats everyone with the utmost respect and desires to know the thoughts and ideas of all her employees. She runs an extremely respected business and would recommend her for any company seeking Branding/Marketing direction

Cons

I can think of none

Advice to Management

Keep growing and keep you style.

The Clear Blue2013-09-25
  5. "Generous and responsible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at The Clear Blue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management genuinely cares about people, always offering good quality of life, opportunities to grow and advance your career. Great opportunities to work with national and international clients including international travel. Branding experience is deep, the company competes with much larger branding companies and wins great projects.

Cons

Small company means you wear many hats and are held accountable.

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge employees to grow quickly and reach goals

The Clear Blue2013-09-25
  6. "This is one company that's going from bad to Worse with a captial W."

I worked at The Clear Blue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Used to be some, none anymore.

Cons

Bullying, Finger Pointing, illegal management practices. A bad deal all around. Feel very sorry for all current employees- bad place to be.

Advice to Management

Liquidate your company. No one wants to work there anymore. Give it up. You are bullies of the worst kind.

The Clear Blue2013-02-27
  7. "Disappointing"

I worked at The Clear Blue

Pros

Good creative juices, strength with traditional media, hard-working staff

Cons

Management lies to cover their insecurities, weaknesses, and poor decisions.Manage the office based on fear and intimidation. Unhealthy.

Advice to Management

Get honest. Stop bullying.

The Clear Blue2013-01-22

"Red flags.....stay away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

I worked at The Clear Blue full-time

Pros

Good group of employees and contract vendors. Work together as a team and produce great results. Unfortunately, management drives fear and unnecessary stress amongst employees resulting in a hostile, awful work environment.

Cons

Management is the number one issue. Paranoid atmosphere, again because of management. Employees are treated with disrespect. If you are in the point of your career that you have children or home life needs, this place is not for you. It is looked down upon if you cannot commitment 150% of your time to management needs. No new business strategy. Failing business model. No HR department to assist employee needs. 100% turn...

Advice to Management

Value employees, they are your best asset. Learn how to be a manager and treat people with respect - that goes for your employees, vendors and clients. Pick up the book "How to run a business for dummies." You'd be surprised how much you can learn!

The Clear Blue2013-01-04
    • "Great place to work, managing growing pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Clear Blue

Pros

Great fun people. Lots of latitude for work at home options, great benefits, lots of holidays. Great clients.

Cons

Growth makes things crazy sometimes

Advice to Management

Keep the good people coming in!

The Clear Blue2012-04-19
    • "Clear Blue offers a flex work environment to pptimize professional growth AND maintain a personal life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Clear Blue

Pros

High goals & standards, flex shedules, global opportunities, regular reviews & goal setting, willingness to help employees find their strengths, ping pong table in the office, generous holidays at Christmas and Easter plus a personal day ever year.

Cons

Clear Blue is a small company that requires employees to wear many hats, some growing pains, not enough senior people to learn from, not enough mentors,

Advice to Management

Get i-phones for everyone! Management should play more ping pong with everyone. Offer more outside training

The Clear Blue2011-06-19