The Cliffs Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

Jim Anthony

"Server/Bartender"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Keowee, Oconee, SC
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Keowee, Oconee, SC

I worked at The Cliffs Communities (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the members and made really good money. It was such a fun summer job and I really loved the people I worked with over the summer.

Cons

The management is honestly terrible. I felt like there were many times when I was being unfairly treated because I am a student who had an internship and couldn't be there 24/7.

"Get ready to be walked all over"

Former Employee - Server in Sunset, SC
    Former Employee - Server in Sunset, SC

I worked at The Cliffs Communities part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, nice members, awesome coworkers, pretty views, looks good on resumes, good food, make good connections with potential future employers (which you should def keep an eye out for)

Cons

Terrible management, they get away with verbal abuse, play favorites & bully employees
    Managers who have no experience, training or business managing staff are in charge of tasks they have no knowledge about.

Advice to Management

Cut management in half and give the good half a raise. And when 4-5 employees come to corporate with a problem, LISTEN TO THEM.

3. "This place is in trouble"

Former Employee - Assistant Golf Professional in Arden, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Golf Professional in Arden, NC

Pros

Within The Cliffs there are seven golf courses that are currently open and you are able to play any of them as an employee.

Cons

Since The Cliffs lives on real estate, their cash in-flow is basically gone with the economic down turn. The CEO failed to plan for any down turn and continued to pump money into new golf courses when others weren't finished. Needless to say, they have no money at this time and can't even pay bills for new golf grips. I worked for them before and the mood was very different than it is now. It seems as though since the company is doing bad, everyone reflects that isn't at all happy with their job.

Advice to Management

Try and keep spirits up. Don't disappear for long periods of time. Show interest in employees needs.

5. "Poorly managed"

I worked at The Cliffs Communities part-time

Pros

The employees are nice. The job is not difficult. Job security is very easy. Overall, the customers are pleasant.

Cons

The company is poorly managed. Everything is based on profits, and the company does not care for its employees. Work standards are biased and favoritism is prevalent.

Advice to Management

Consider the opinions of your employees more often. The employees have much more interactions with customers, so you would benefit from listening and seriously taking into considerations the suggestions of your employees.