The Clorox Company Reviews

3.9
The Clorox Company Chair and Chief Executive Officer Benno Dorer
Benno Dorer
Pros
Cons
  • "Company is heavily reliant on data- almost too much, and at the cost of quick decision making(in 48 reviews)

• "Encourage work/life balance, but not really enforced based on workload given(in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Loved it, loved my job - so hard to leave"

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Spec in Oakland, CA

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great team, good people, sharp colleagues -Opportunities for horizontal movement to different areas of business/products -Fun company events and trainings -Not as much turnover as the average Bay Area company -Excellent work-life balance, actually had a life

Cons

-Not a startup or tech company; things move more slowly -Bit of bureaucracy -Challenges facing CPG industry in general

The Clorox Company2020-02-03

February 5, 2020

We are glad you had a good experience working at the Clorox Company, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We will take all of your observations into account. Wishing you every success in your career moving forward.

2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales Planning Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, good benefits, fair treatment.

Cons

Not as much feedback to grow, slower career growth.

The Clorox Company2019-12-11

January 15, 2020

The Clorox Company is very glad that your experience as an employee was a positive one. We appreciate your feedback and wish you well in your career moving forward.

3. "Excellent company culture; great brands!"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent company culture, great co-workers, solid work-life balance in many places within the company

Cons

There's generally a lack of good people managers within Brand marketing; people rotate so quickly that there's not as much continuity; no direct P&L management until senior (Director) levels

The Clorox Company2020-05-20

May 21, 2020

Thank you for providing this feedback, which we’ve shared with the appropriate leaders. We know great people managers are an essential part of a great work experience. That’s why we’ve invested in things like our year long Learn & Lead manager development program, inclusion initiatives like Breaking Bias, Marketing Nation monthly manager meetings and other learning opportunities to support people managers so they can better support you. Change doesn’t happen overnight, but we will get there.

4. "World Class Org"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stability, locations, learning, quality people

Cons

Slow progress, not very creative

The Clorox Company2020-05-10

May 11, 2020

Thank you for making time to share this feedback. We’ve shared your comments with the appropriate leaders. One of our key choices in our IGNITE strategy is about working simpler, faster, bolder and more inclusively. Please keep speaking up and share your creative ideas. Change can take time, but we will get there if all us keep pushing for better ways to work.

5. "Good company"

Former Employee - IT Vendor Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee health care plan is very good

Cons

Decentralized organization with multiple stakeholders

The Clorox Company2020-04-24

April 27, 2020

We are glad you had a good experience working at the Clorox Company, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

"unsafe work enviorment"

Current Employee - Filling Machine Operator in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

If times were normal this is usually a great job and a great company

Cons

in the midst of all this corona outbreak, I feel it is unsafe especially for someone like myself with a weak immune system to be forced to travel back and forth to work in this virus!! we have had someone test positive i was told i could take an unpaid leave of absence if i was that worried but i would be required to use all my vacation and personal time first, its only april, meaning that once all this clears up i would have to work the rest of the year with no vacation personal or sick time just to try an protect myself and my children from getting sick i feel like the only reason we are being deemed essential is because we have the clorox name but this is burts bees this lip balm and lotion is high dollar and people are going to go after the cheaper brands before this one, why are we still being forced to come to work.

The Clorox Company2020-04-13

April 20, 2020

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We know this has been an anxious time, and we recognize everyone has a unique situation they’re managing. We’ve had all employees who can, work from home. For those who do need to conduct essential work onsite, we’ve taken a number of safety precautions – temperature screenings, enhanced disinfection protocols, social distancing, staggered shifts, and protective equipment. Importantly, anyone who is not comfortable being onsite has a choice, and can work with their manager and HR on things like a flexible work schedule or use sick, vacation, personal time and unpaid time off. We sincerely appreciate all the work you and the other 8,800 people are doing to serve our communities who rely on our products in their daily lives. For example, Burt’s Bees provides personal hygiene products that are paramount to protecting families—soaps, cleansers, moisturizers, and baby care products in particular. And through the Burt’s Bees brand, we’re giving people natural options to support their wellness choices. If you would like to discuss your situation further, we encourage you to reach out to your manager. Thanks for everything you’re doing to make a difference to consumers and communities

"Mixed Bag"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Oakland, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great brands and very dedicated employees. CEO has shown great leadership in the current pandemic. Very supportive of the employees and their health and safety.

Cons

Senior Leadership is out of touch, or chooses to ignore that salaries/benefits for the Bay area are low. There is a tremendous amount of work that goes into working for this CPG company with its large portfolio. Marketing leadership is way too disconnected to its people running the day to day business. Too many silos and chaos.

The Clorox Company2020-04-14

April 20, 2020

Thanks for making time to provide this feedback, which we are sharing with the appropriate leaders. A big part of our IGNITE strategy is working simpler, faster and bolder. We hope you’ll share your ideas with your manager when you see better ways of working.

"Good company and pretty good culture - not a ton of career opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Analyst

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Depends on your office, but overall a pretty good company culture. Half day fridays during the summer create for excellent work/life balance. Pay is pretty competitive.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity to move up or across departments as bottlenecks are really common.

The Clorox Company2020-03-16

March 17, 2020

Thank you for making time to share this feedback. We are glad you are having a good experience working at Clorox. That being said we know career development is an important engagement driver, and we’re always working to improve how we support our employees and provide opportunity.Please reach out to HR@Clorox to share any additional details that you think would be helpful regarding your concerns.

"Review"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great location, near public transportation

Cons

More cons than Pros

The Clorox Company2020-04-03

"Great Company with few bad things to say"

Former Employee - Order Management Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management values employees Great benefits Opportunities for advancement

Cons

Depending on the office, promotions can be highly political at times. A few bad managers can ruin what the company actually stands for.

The Clorox Company2020-03-06

March 6, 2020

Thank you for making time to share this feedback. We’re glad you had a good experience working at Clorox. We’re also mindful of your comments and have shared them with the appropriate leaders.

Found 789 reviews