The Clorox Company Reviews

3.9
The Clorox Company Chief Executive Officer Linda Rendle
Linda Rendle

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people all pulling in the same direction to make Clorox an awesome place to work.(in 165 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance and focus on winning(in 152 reviews)
  • "Good Benefits and good 401K(in 87 reviews)
  • "Great culture and generally hire for fit(in 54 reviews)
  • "Good pay and you also get their products for free every month :)(in 33 reviews)
Cons
  • "It's disappointing to see bad managers move from one team to the next, with little to no concern for the direct reports who are are forced to either suffer through or find another job.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Architecture team is not good and also Sr. Management(in 23 reviews)
  • "low salary.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Limited opportunities to promote (as is the case with established companies with limited growth trajectories needing to reduce staff/positions occasionally).(in 12 reviews)
  • "Long hours and sometimes didn't know what they were asking for when pulling reports(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The Clorox Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Position developing into something big, with multiple support points to get there.

Feb 24, 2022 - Regional Sales Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the management. Understanding, top-notch, top-down influence in a good way. Great place for longevity and growth. Looking for mentorship channels. Tuition reimbursement and auto allowance, although these are provided at less than industry standards before rise of inflation.

Cons

Slightly adjusting to a different cadence. On boarding process in building stages, hard to find correct people and resources to streamline activities when business picking up. Confusion with involvement, or lack there of, for sale credit and efforts.

The Clorox Company

Thank you for sharing, and we appreciate your feedback as we continue to make Clorox a better place to work. We appreciate you taking the time to provide.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place

May 10, 2022 - Co-op Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing manager and culture. Work life balance and overall human treatment is amazing.

Cons

I don’t believe there any cons for this company. Besides initial pay is low.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture and work life balance

May 16, 2022 - Sales Planning Manager in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, competitive pay, company culture

Cons

Communications from function to function

4. 3.0

Clorox

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid product base and always looking at innovation...

Cons

Salary is low for the Bay Area

5. 4.0

Good Company

May 12, 2022 - Department Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth Opportunity Most people are good to work with

Cons

Nothing major to note right now

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic if you’re willing to grow and do more for yourself and the Company.

Mar 25, 2022 - Technical Process Operator (TPO)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clorox is very open for personal growth and will help you achieve where you want to be, only if you WANT to do it they will give you all the resources you need.

Cons

As a regular TPO member swing shift definitely hurts your life and family life. The pay is good but there’s a few places where I live that you can get a higher pay but won’t have the same recourses for growth.. very seasoned and professional company.

The Clorox Company

Thanks for your comments, which we’re sharing with leaders. We want everyone to feel they have an opportunity to learn and keep growing, so we’re glad you’re experiencing this. And if you have specific ideas about how we can keep improving, please email people@clorox.com, and we’ll follow up with you.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Stable, but

Jan 21, 2022 - Systems Engineer, IT in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very stable environment, good people, recognized brand, emphasis on family and work/life balance

Cons

A lot of the pros seem to go wayside with IT - the expectation is that you work a tremendous amount, with little opportunity for growth. Theory for promotions is that one must take on more work to get promoted, problem being, that would be impossible for most employees, as their plates are already overflowing . IT salary , particularly in the Bay Area is very very poor and tenure is not even a consideration - 20+ yr employees earn less than new hires. When asked about this, my manager told me "your salary is low due to your salary history." So no opportunity to move up, and no way to increase salary -When I started working at Clorox, I thought it would be life changing, it has in many ways, however, after two decades of working here, I still live paycheck to paycheck, with retirement not even an option. This may have to do with the 16 managers in 20+ yrs who all said "that was the last guy, you need to prove yourself to me" who then ultimately rolls off and is replaced by a new manager with the same attitude. Impossible to move upward regardless of accomplishments.

6 people found this review helpful

The Clorox Company

Thanks for your feedback, which we’re sharing with the appropriate leaders. Feeling valued and that you’re paid equitably is important, so we’d like to look into your situation. We hope you’ll send an email to People@Clorox.com and we’ll follow up with you.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company

May 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, friendly employees, and great management

Cons

There are no cons .

9. 4.0

Good people

Apr 27, 2022 - Associate Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good values, kind people, wide variety of opportunities

Cons

Lots of work, lousy tech

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Company is great to work for

Apr 4, 2022 - Demand Planner in Alpharetta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has great supervisors and managers. They are taught to be respectful and assist their employees with career management opportunities.

Cons

Can sometime be overloaded with work and (if the employee is responsible) will take you into extended hours to get your work completed.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,053 Reviews

The Clorox Company Reviews FAQs

The Clorox Company has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,269 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at The Clorox Company to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Clorox Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Clorox Company. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

81% of The Clorox Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Clorox Company 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The Clorox Company to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with The Clorox Company Job Seekers