KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

The Clorox Company Employee Reviews about "clorox"

Updated Nov 23, 2021

4.0
The Clorox Company Chief Executive Officer Linda Rendle
Linda Rendle

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people all pulling in the same direction to make Clorox an awesome place to work.(in 164 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance and focus on winning(in 156 reviews)
  • "Good Benefits and good 401K(in 81 reviews)
  • "Great culture and have a strong career planning process(in 56 reviews)
  • "Good pay and you also get their products for free every month :)(in 42 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The Clorox Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "clorox"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company - cares about employees

Nov 4, 2021 - Materials Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

First off the benefits of the company far out weight the pay, and for me the pay is on par with the rest of the CPG companies. the company really values its employees and the work life balance, other companies just state it, Clorox live by it.

Cons

working between grade levels can get difficult as a good bit of people could be trying tog et in the same grade level and the amount of openings may be smaller than the number of people looking to move.

The Clorox Company

Thank you for providing your positive feedback about working at Clorox. We appreciate these comments as we are always looking for ways to improve.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Clorox, Thriving in Covid

Nov 23, 2021 - Senior Director in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clorox is top of the class at being a fast follower, leveraging consumer insights to create new flavors, fragrances, and packaging changes. During Covid, Clorox had to pivot quickly and focus resources on supply to keep up with the surge in demand for disinfecting products.

Cons

Clorox struggles to develop longer term strategies, disruptive technologies, and game changing product launches. Part of the reason is because of the success and amount of volume current brands generate, there is less of an emphasis on risky smaller ventures that might have long term gain.

The Clorox Company

Thank you for sharing, and we appreciate your feedback as we continue to make Clorox a better place to work.

3. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Best company to work at

Sep 28, 2021 - Supply Planner
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Clorox is unmatched anywhere else, I loved every single person I got to work on. They did not just have me do basic intern tasks but allowed me to work on projects that drove business changes.

Cons

Non cons, I just wished it was not remote due to covid

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Clorox Cares about its people

Oct 6, 2021 - Supply Chain Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are at the center of what Clorox does (employees and consumers). Provides flexibility in work schedules to help support work life balance.

Cons

Too many political views pushed to employees.

2 people found this review helpful

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Sep 21, 2021 - Patent Agent in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and people at Clorox are terrific.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for growth.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

People first company

Aug 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really believe that Clorox puts their people first and are able to keep people around because of this. They also invest in their employees growth.

Cons

I am not sure how competitive their pay is in certain areas

7. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Wonderful Experience

Jul 27, 2021 - Future Leaders Program
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clorox is full of friendly people, great treatment, and welcoming! Probably one of the best companies ethically speaking.

Cons

From my experience as of yet, there is nothing that could be listed as a con, everyone seems so happy to work here!

8. 5.0
    Current Intern, more than 1 year

Great company that cares about people

Jul 9, 2021 - Research and Development in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clorox is a people oriented company, which is rare in current times Super diverse staff in R&D. As an engineer its rare to find a company where its feels like its at least 50% female and the employees look like the consumers they serve

Cons

The starting salary is low, but promotions are fast

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Stable Bay Area Company

Apr 19, 2021 - Project Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Clorox are very kind and supportive of learning. People keep professional boundaries and a cool head through all situations. The work is consistent and very stable.

Cons

People stay at the company for a very long time 20-30 years, so there isn't always a lot of room for advancement. The culture is very established and a little bit old fashioned. It can take a long time and a lot of effort to try doing things in a new way.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good company but below average pay

Apr 29, 2021 - Data &Amp; Analytics
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is excellent with good work/life balance.Opportunity to work with smart and passionate people.Free clorox products.Rarely any layoffs.Summer hours for 3 months starting memorial day weekend,One Quiet day per week.

Cons

Pay is very below average by bay area standards.Not much of career growth.Some other minor issue like usage of too many acronyms ,meeting on the fly .

Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Reviews