The College Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Gary Eyler

1. "An Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at The College Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of experience, varied training, great people to work with, and pay is great.

Cons

Upper management is inept, changing priorities weekly, no long term plan, each day was another sale or promotion.

Advice to Management

Create a long term strategy and implement it, Get to know your customers and understand who they are and what they can do, Build confidence by being confident in your plan.

2. "Program Advisor"

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Nice co-workers
    Good training

Cons

Advisors Pay for own travel expenses
    Customers often did not finish program and were still locked in to pay for it
    Bad reviews online affected sales

Advice to Management

Allow more flexibility with refunds. Provide better retention support for customers.

3. "Poor Place to Work"

Former Employee - Management in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Management in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

There is nothing good here. The management is abusive to customers and even worse to employees while they tell everyone how great they are to their employees.

Cons

Poor management. May be criminal as several attorneys general including the New York AG office ahs sued them to close them down.

They mistreat their customers and their employees.

They have started a new company; Global Learn with the same management team. be very careful ot them. They are not honest.

Advice to Management

At best stop abusing your customers and at worst stay out of jail if the Attorney General's don't get you.

5. "Program advisor"

Former Employee - Program Advisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Program Advisor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I Loved working with people (the students)!

Cons

Did not pay me for all my work!

Advice to Management

Tell the same story the same twice!

6. "Program Adviser"

I worked at The College Network full-time

Pros

Lot's of flexibility and ability to control your own schedule

Cons

The company appears unstable. It is being sued by the New York State Attorney General and the Indiana State Attorney General. Very poor home office customer service. Beware.

7. "work at the college network"

Former Employee - Senior Program Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Program Advisor in New York, NY

Pros

good money for program advisers who get it

Cons

bad appointments from indy appointment setters

"Save your soul"

I worked at The College Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Zero. The owner's only objective is to maintain his ridiculously extravagant lifestyle. He has gone so far as to cut employee salaries across the board to keep his money coming.

Cons

This is a complete scam. Research I personally conducted in the CRM system before I left revealed less than a 5 pecent completion rate of their programs. The rest are in default or bankruptcy. The owner actually owns the credit company that goes after those who default on the loans his company provides them and in his own words makes more money when people fail.

Advice to Management

Get a conscience and the guts to leave. He pays his top people very well so many stay even when they know full well what is going on. Ask yourself, is the money I am making worth destroying the dreams and the lives of countless people?

"Senior Program Advisor"

Former Employee - Program Advisor in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Program Advisor in Lexington, KY

I worked at The College Network full-time

Pros

Ability to set your own schedule, control your calendar. Meeting everyday with wonderful people in healthcare.

Cons

First off, The College Network is NOT an outright scam... It is however the closest thing you can possibly get to a scam. I spent nearly a decade with this company and fully believed in the programs I represented for the majority of that time. Unfortunately greed and a failure to adapt have caused this company to become a disaster. My job was recruiting and enrolling nurses in degree programs through our partner and non partner schools. The programs are unique and appealing. I have enrolled many nurses who have completed our programs. Unfortunately, those nurses make up LESS THAN 2% of the students I enrolled. The other 98% of the nurses I enrolled are left in debt and in fear of starting another program. If you are considering this position, please consider this... The nurses you will be selling this program to are kind, generous and hard working people. They meet with us in hopes that we can help them to achieve their dreams of becoming an RN or BSN, bettering themselves and creating a better life for their families. On the surface, this program meets all of their needs, affordable, fast, accredited and the ability to work at your own pace. Just below the surface is an entirely different mess of rules/regulation/deceit that would take too long for me to expand on. The monthly payments put a serious financial strain on these folks, affecting their entire family. It is a great feeling to receive $1500 commission off of one deal, but remember that it comes with great cost to others. If you are lucky, 2 out of every 100 people you enroll will benefit from what you sell, the rest are left dealing with financial hardship and emotional wreckage from their decision. I left this position making six-figures and started a new position making less than half that.... But at least I can sleep at night.

Advice to Management

With the lawsuits and investigations taking place, you won't have a job for long, so my advice is to update your resume.

10. "Stay Away"

Former Employee - Program Advisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Program Advisor in Houston, TX

Pros

Setting your own schedule and being your own boss

Cons

Too many to list. Mainly a lack of leads and good appointments

11. "Program Advisor"

Pros

Great company with good people. The college online concept is something that individuals who have to work could use to increase their education and position in the company they work for.

Cons

Commission only. My territory was at least an hour and a half away from my home office. The company did not help with gas or contribute to the expenses incurred as a salesperson.

Advice to Management

Lower the prices.