The CollegeBound Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 7, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Luciano Rammairone

1. "Great Place to spend 10 hours a day"

Former Employee - Sales Administrative in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Administrative in Staten Island, NY

I worked at The CollegeBound Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love CollegeBound. Spent 3 years here and now moving on. CBN helps students find colleges and pushes them to get a degree. Education and teamwork are important to me and important to CBN, so it was a great fit. I recommend CollegeBound to a friend anytime.

Cons

I have no cons. Go CollegeBound.

Advice to Management

Good Luck!

2. "Student advisor"

Former Employee - Student Advisor in Westfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Student Advisor in Westfield, NJ

I worked at The CollegeBound Network (More than a year)

Pros

good money and peer support

Cons

We were instructed to transition job seekers into college students.

3. "Call Agent"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Staten Island, NY

I worked at The CollegeBound Network part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Could make a lot of money in little time, hours were flexible, people are friendly, had good snacks in the vending machine and FREE COFFEE.

Cons

Some nights I'd either break even from a long commute from another borough or make absolutely nothing while being there for hours, they changed policy towards the end of my time there to make gaining leads harder (but I understand that legally it's important to do so.)

Working here messed with my morals. These people we called were looking for jobs not furthering their education. The folks who didn't know any better (mostly older folks) get harassed by this company + affiliated for profit colleges to no end.

Unless you're super desperate to have money and are okay to screw unsuspecting people over, don't work here.

5. "Working at CBN was great!"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Tempe, AZ

Pros

you get to speak to people all day long.

Cons

you have to deal with angry customers because of outbound calling.

Advice to Management

i wouldnt recommend any advice to management

6. "Decent Pay,Good Hours!"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Staten Island, NY

I worked at The CollegeBound Network part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was great room to get more money hours were decent 5-10 pm can come on weekends to make up hours room to move up if you follow instructions paid trainings

Cons

Getting cursed out by prospects getting hung up gets boring pretty fast; just too far to travel to of you live in other boroughs

Advice to Management

Open up another office in Manhattan so it's easy travel on other people who want to work for the company that doesn't live in staten island

7. "Eh..."

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Belleville, NJ
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Belleville, NJ

I have been working at The CollegeBound Network part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours, reliable pay. This is a inbound/outbound phone job. You get a base pay and $1 per 'lead (signup)'. Its great if you can get 15-20 leads per day. Problem is, that is getting harder and harder. Management is okay and they pay on time (check or direct deposit). I've been here almost a year. If you are a ppl person and dont mind being on the phone saying the same thing over and over, great.

Cons

The problem is the prospects are lousy and they keep adding verbiage to the script. Things you MUST say verbatim or risk termination. The scripts are so long winded now , making it twice as hard to get the leads. They ask you to do extra steps now that you dont get paid for. Really? Sometimes you work hard for a lead and then you dont get credit for it (some program glitch, school has reached their max, or other random reason). They have no formal way for employees to track hours; they can see it, but you can't. More than once there has been a discrepancy btwn what I know I worked vs what they claim to have logged for me.

Advice to Management

Implement a program that allows employees to track hours.
    Stop adding to the script
    Higher base pay and/or more $ per lead

"Don't plan on having a career with CollegeBound"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at The CollegeBound Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company paid well a few years ago

Cons

There is no structure or consistency at all. Upper management constantly changes their minds. It seems as if there are no long term goals and a strategy on how to get there. Every week their goals change and it's very frustrating for employees to constantly spin their heads to figure out what they want next.

Advice to Management

Communicate to each other and try to stay on the same page.

"Great for College Students"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at The CollegeBound Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about this job is the flexible hours. You make your own and can log in any time you feel like it. As long as you don't exceed 40 hours a week.

Cons

You HAVE to have ALOT of self-motivation. You will not do good if you don't have that. Also, they don't give you a lot of commission pay. It would really help your self motivation if they paid more per lead. But it is only $1.00 a lead right now. And they are always changing the script on you.

Advice to Management

Pay more per lead and give us more opportunity.

"Best CEO I have ever worked for......... Luciano Rammaiorne"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at The CollegeBound Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open communal atmosphere with collabaration, open dialogue and entreprenural thinking.
    Middle management has a voice!!! This atmosphere is fostered by its leader. I am very impressed by his (Luciano) management style and would recommend The CollegeBound Network to anyone.

Cons

None. I hope we can continue to grow and expand. Its a very faced paced atmosphere, so be prepared for a hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring we need more people. Alot to do, so not enough time in the day for the people we have.

11. "Out of the Loop"

Current Employee - Tele-Sales in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Tele-Sales in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at The CollegeBound Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you can pull around 20 leads a day you can work here and make a decent wage.

Cons

They hire people based on the premise, if you read OUR script and use OUR rebuttals youll do great! Except when they fire you it goes more like, You tried your best and we know the leads weren't the best, but we have to let you go. They keep you in a fog during your probation its all smiles and you have a good voice, and with time youll get it. Alllll bs. There is no warning when you arent doing good enough, the company is at will employment so they can fire you whenever they please. There wasnt enough seats when you come in for your shift even 15min early, parking lot is a mess. They take $80 out of your first measily paycheck for headphones, dont pay you for any leads for a month on the phone and you only make $10 that whole month. O yeah and like i said, if you cant do 20 leads a day, you wont have a job. If you're the real uppity person that makes friends in five seconds you might have a shot and i say take it, but dont put all your eggs in the CBN basket..

Advice to Management

Be straight forward with your employees. We aren't making enough leads, let us know we have a week to get better or were gonna be out on our ass. 30 people fired in a day and noone had a warning. Bad business.