The Columbus Organization Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard Ronder

1. "Case Manager"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible job with good benefits. Health savings account is great. I love helping families find resources they need. Supervision is very responsive.

Cons

Honestly, there are not many. Sometimes you have to travel a bit to get to meetings. Some of the state required paperwork is repetitive.

Advice to Management

N/A

"15 YEARS AND GROWING!!!!"

Current Employee - Support Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Support Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been employed for over 15 years with The Columbus Organization. The Columbus Organization is an awesome company to work for. I enjoy the flexibility of my job and love that I am solely responsible for making my schedule. I enjoy not having to sit in an office all day and I am able to be out and about handling my personal business as needed with my daily job functions. My co-workers and supervisor are always willing to help with any issues that arise. Columbus gives me the tools I need to do my job; whether it be support, materials, training and or equipment.

I have recommended the Columbus Organization to several family and friends.

Cons

The hours can be a tad bothersome so it takes a great deal of organization and time management.

Advice to Management

Management has always been supportive.

"After Working For Other CMCOs - Finally One That Really Cares About Families!"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great orientation process and supervisory structure. Nice to see that there is opportunity for advancement within the company. Never have I been with a company where Senior Leadership is so approachable.

Cons

Columbus does have a steep learning curve and some new employees have difficulty adjusting to the philosophy that the families needs come first. Then there's the amount of State driven paperwork and timelines.... UGH!

Advice to Management

Continue to show us support and willingness to not only listen but to act on some of our suggestions. Can't tell you how much it is appreciated!

"The best career choice I've made was deciding to work for Columbus!"

Current Employee - Case Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm so excited that over 2 years ago more companies were granted the opportunity to offer case management services to individuals receiving waiver services. This provided families an opportunity to choose the case management provider who was the best fit for their loved ones rather than being forced to work with only one company. As a case manager providing case management services for many years I too was excited about the opportunity to choose the best company to fit my needs as an employee. Finally I'm known as a compassionate, caring, hard working individual who works to meet the needs of my consumers rather than just a name on the companies payroll. Management knows me by my name, are always available to answer my questions, compliment me when I do a good job, and strive to assist me to be the best case manager I can be!

Cons

Sometimes I find myself working after hours due to the nature of working from home.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire well trained and knowledgeable Team Leaders to provide assistance and training to case managers. Since I don't work in an office and have someone available at all times for questions it's nice to know that I can always call my Team Leader when I need help.

"FANTASTIC COMPANY!!!!"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supervisors at Columbus do make a point to inspire their employees to work hard and advocate for our families. Great company and potential to work on interesting projects across the country.
    Trainings available all the time and everyone is very supportive of improving your opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Extended hours are definitely a con but you set your own hours and are able to help individuals that possibly not get help otherwise.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide real company values and the opportunities of advancement by hiring within,

"Committed company celebrating 30 years..."

Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for 7 years; Scope of services are expanding; growth to provide quality services across GA and other states;

Cons

Maintaining positions at the case management level

Advice to Management

Ability to maintain the best person for the job in all positions

"Best people I have ever worked with"

Former Employee - Support Coordinator/Team Leader in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Support Coordinator/Team Leader in Columbus, GA

I worked at The Columbus Organization full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture, supportive upper management in most respects. It is odd in this company to find someone who is really unhelpful or difficult to work with. They just aren't around long because they fit in so poorly with the overall attitude of the company. It is one of the best places I've ever worked and has more room for advancement than any other I've found. Flexible Hours, Feeling of fulfillment when working with patients. good environment , training and leadership is well established. Immediate leadership is understanding . Policy is easy to find. If there are questions or problems about something my immediate supervisor is easy to find and approachable with well meaning tactics to help focus on the job at hand

Cons

Salary, there aren't many cons

Advice to Management

NONE

"A COMPANY THAT TAKES PRIDE IN THE SERVICES THEY PROVIDE!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Old South, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Old South, GA

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I would recommend this job and company for anyone who has a passion for making a difference. Knowing one is making a difference in the lives of individuals who need us the most. Work is never dull. New challenges and opportunities every day. For someone outgoing, time management oriented. The relationships that are made are so rewarding! Ability to work around your own personal schedule.

Cons

Not always 9 - 5

Advice to Management

Management is very supportive in all aspects

"Ok company to work for but limited growth potential"

Former Employee - Support Coordinator in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Support Coordinator in Savannah, GA

Pros

freedom to create your own schedule and to do roughly 50% of your work from home.

Cons

Lack of support from management. Also, management changes deadlines on very short notice.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from other Support Coordinators on ways to improve the company. Such as holding meetings over the phone instead of driving to remote locations for brief meetings. Could be more efficient.

11. "BEHAVIOR ANALYST"

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time

Pros

. Flexibility
    .Setting your own schedule
    .Self Management

Cons

.Getting a docked check if you don't meet the quarter
    . Limited opportunities for advancement
    . Frequent changes in case loads

Advice to Management

Set up an incentive system to keep employees motivated.