The Commonwealth Medical College Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

I have been working at The Commonwealth Medical College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Creative ideas and energy are encouraged & needed as a new school. Supportive, family-like, transparent culture.

Cons

Local politics infilitrate this place and the entire community isn't always on boars with the school.

Advice to Management

TCMC is a great place to work & grow professionally. Be open to a diversified perspective and recognize that Scranton culture could use some progession.

2. "Great company culture. Everyone is friendly."

I worked at The Commonwealth Medical College as an intern

Pros

friendly and helpful employees, good location

Cons

not much work to do

3. "Public Relations Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at The Commonwealth Medical College as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

My supervisor offered me great flexibility to work on projects of interest and went above and beyond to show me all aspects of the field.

Cons

The internship was unpaid with heavy responsibilities. The public relations department only consists of two employees so there wasn't great chances for networking.

4. "Very good company with plenty of opportunity for research and research endeavors for medical students and others"

Pros

Some of the pros were working with renowned physicians in the area getting a feel for their practice and how things are actually run in the health care field.

Cons

Some of the cons were finding out about job positions if not internally around. It was very hard to know what jobs were available and probably impossible if you didn't already attend the school