The Connor Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
The Connor Group Managing Partner Larry Connor
Larry Connor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • With lots of reward and recognition for hard work (in 27 reviews)

• Really reward hard work and effort (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is a fit for the right type of person (in 19 reviews)

• Long hours during certain times of the year (in 26 reviews)

"The Core Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Core values displayed daily throughout the company. It is great to be a part of a company that lives their core values. If you like to be challenged and want to live up to your full potential, then this is the company for you!

Cons

Work/life balance is a fit for the right type of person.

"Field Leader"

Current Employee - Field Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Field Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with great determined people always trying to get better. Great Benefits, pay and bonus programs. Love the fact we have a longevity bonus that awards me for my tenure here. The company does focus groups yearly to see how to improve benefits and other things for associates.

Cons

For salaried folks it is not a 40 hour work week and your performance will be judged on results. So if you don't like to be held accountable for yourself and your team, it is not a place you would want to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to ask for associate feedback and continue to take action on the feedback.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Employee At the Central Office in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Employee At the Central Office in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Connor Group is made up of great people in a very driven atmosphere. TCG is a very high achievement culture. You are rewarded and recognized for your hard work and promotions are based on performance. Great growing company to be apart of!

Cons

Being that the atmosphere is very results driven- it may not be for everyone. You must be willing to put in the time to get the results. This isn't an issue for me or really a personal con, but for some it is.

4. "Great Company! Great People"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time

Pros

This company offers great benefits to all full time employees. Additionally they offer great rewards and recognition to all employees as they succeed within the company. The culture and positive team environment makes coming to work everyday enjoyable.

Cons

The only con would be longer business hours

5. "Working in a company culture that will spill into all aspects of your life"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is amazing. The core values at The Connor Group are ones that translate while in the office or out of the office. The bar is set high and the goals are just that.. goals. However, once you hit those goals... it will never go unnoticed. Not only have I advanced in my professional career since being at The Connor Group but I have also seen so much growth in my personal life. Once you accept nothing less than excellence... you cant help but have that attitude in all areas of life! The Connor Group has not only become the place I work but its also a place I consider home. The people you are surrounded by are some of the most talented individuals you will ever meet and it only pushes you to perform at their level daily.

Cons

The goals are never going to be things you don't have to work for. The environment is performance driven, so if you don't enjoy being held accountable this may not be the right fit!

Advice to Management

Never stop. The investment you put into your employees and all of the different teams is remarkable. You set the bar high for us and always push us to do our best. Having faith in us and allowing us to not only hit goals but push us to be at the best of our game

6. "Challenging, rewarding and great culturally..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging but fulfilling work. Really reward hard work and effort. Culturally it has that team/family feel.

Cons

It's not for everyone. If you don't have a great work ethic it's probably not a fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the reward and recognition coming.

7. "Best Career Decision of my Life!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reward, recognition, and growth based on performance and not longevity. I truly feel valued and I always know where I stand because of the high level of accountability. The benefits are great-- from insurance coverage, to bonus opportunity, to quality of life. I have a huge sense of pride coming to work each and every day and know that I am contributing to the success of the company! I'm so grateful to be able to work for The Connor Group!

Cons

I don't see it as a con, but the hours can be challenging for those that aren't willing to do what it takes to get the job done/be successful. But on the flip side, if you do what it takes, you will see the results and benefits of doing so, no question!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people like you're doing!

8. "Executive Assistant"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time

Pros

Structure, accountability, reward and recognition, work atmosphere.

Cons

Long hours - ten hour work day, five days a week.

Advice to Management

None

9. "Beware! This company lies"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid medical benefits
    Your team within the property
    That's really all I can think of, the work is pretty easy if you're organized

Cons

50+ hour plus work weeks
    Looooong days
    NO HR DEPARTMENT- that's a HUGE red flag!
    "Now hiring" always posted on job boards due to high turn over
    The company will tell interviewers that they are "growing" within the area, but this is just to create bench for when they suddenly terminate a current employee.
    You're always on the chopping block
    Very methodical point system of reviews that keeps the employees revolving in and out due to minor slumps in performance

Advice to Management

Invest and truly care about your people. Also, don't base your hiring on physical appearance. Many applicants are overly qualified, however you pass on them because they aren't the "fit, millennial" stereotype the company is trying to portray due to some upper management's personal preferences.

The Connor Group Response

Jul 18, 2017 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your more than a year working with us. I would be more than happy to discuss with you the concerns you mention so we can better inform future candidates as to what it... More

10. "This company is not what they say it is at all...do not be fooled! Warning"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will build excellent relationships with residents and some of your co workers
    Pay is okay
    Benefits are great

Cons

The company itself is a con as it is not what it is hyped up to be at all.
    People are fake and back stabbing
    you are just another number there and if you do not kiss the right person back side you are gone
    They make you feel like you are doing great but then it is over
    you have no one to talk to or communication if there is an issue

Advice to Management

The pay is pretty average for the amount of work you do. They have core values that they do not follow at all. The company makes a lot of money but not used on employees or fixing properties. They will work you to the bone. No matter how hard you work or give 200% it all comes down to who's butt is kissed and how fake you are.
    If you are willing to be unethical this is the job for you. If you have strong ethics, stay away. They promise you the moon and back, but when you are not needed they will throw you out.
    One day you are doing a great job, next day you are let go. Not once was told I was doing a bad job or even told if I was doing something wrong. There was no development or even an action plan on areas I was lacking. One can not improve if they do not know.
    They lie to their residents. Pay residents off to write fake reviews. They also milk residents for everything. I mean everything. Make sure you read anything before you sign it. I had high hopes for this company because of all the reviews I read that were positive until I worked for them and totally know who they are from. You are even told do not speak to the owner at all. Only if he ask you a question directly other wise you are told to keep your mouth closed.

The Connor Group Response

Jul 18, 2017 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your working with us for over 3 years. I would be more than happy to discuss with you the concerns you mention so we can better inform future candidates as to what it... More