The Connor Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
The Connor Group Managing Partner Larry Connor
Larry Connor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The Connor Group celebrates their associates with reward and recognition during the Monthly meeting" (in 55 reviews)

• "They will always reward you for your hard work" (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • "So even working 45 or so hours weekly now is cake as the hours are much more conducive to having a good work/life balance" (in 28 reviews)

• "Long hours can make the work/life balance difficult" (in 38 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Culture and Elite People!"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with elite people that are relentless on improving constantly, makes The Connor Group amazing! The culture is great with high accountability for all and a high reward and recognition program. We constantly improve today what we built yesterday! I've been pushed harder the last 2 years than ever before and I've accomplished more in the last 2 years than I accomplished in the last decade at my previous employer! The culture pushes you to always be your best and keep expecting more!

Cons

We always provide honest and direct feedback. You will always know what you are doing great and what you need to work on. This is not a con for me, but this can be a con for those that do not like direct feedback so they can always get better.

Advice to Management

Keep being relentless on improving our systems and company! Continue to always invest in our people as we are our number one asset! Keep pushing us to always grow and accomplish more!

2. "Great company for a long term career"

Current Employee - Marketing in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, cool office building. Everyone is an A player. Company has a solid strategic plan and will continue to grow. My friends are jealous that I get to work at such a cool place!

Cons

Good vacation but wish we had off the day after Christmas. Makes it tough to travel to see family out of state.

"I miss working here!"

Former Employee - CENTRAL OFFICE in Springboro, OH
    Former Employee - CENTRAL OFFICE in Springboro, OH

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people, strong culture, everyone lives the core values, benefits are amazing, you always know where you stand, you get gifts off your R&R list when you hit goals, people root for your success.

Cons

Work-life balance can be hard to manage if you have a family. I left for a job where I could work fewer hours but I really miss the people and culture at the connor group. If I could do it again, I would have stayed. I'm miserable in my new job.

The Connor Group Response

Oct 8, 2018 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. Feel free to give me a call @ 937-350-3415 or email me @ cjemo@connorgroup.com - We have a few positions we are currently recruiting for, so maybe we can have a Reunion... More

4. "Thank you!"

Current Employee - Director in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am coming up on my 2-year anniversary, and the experience is exactly what I had hoped. Surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals, you end up living the core values. Your focus becomes the company and those around you. Making your peers successful; you become successful, Accountability becomes your friend and guides you in building something larger than yourself. No, matter your age, position, or education, when you strive to better something you do not become weary, and success is all around. By living the core values, I have had the opportunity to experience career and personal growth and enjoy success for the department and myself.

Cons

Those who make The Connor Group successful put in many hours and have high expectations placed upon them, how you handle those situations determines your path. If you are not confident in your abilities or do not have a strong support system, this may not be the right opportunity.

Advice to Management

Stay focused, continue to build relationships with associates across the board.

5. "Wonderful company to work for!"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment!
    - Awards breakfast... The company caters in breakfast and has an awards ceremony in each market to not only say thank you to all the employees for their hard work but also recognize top performers for the work they have done! It’s such a fun morning for everyone!
    - Sale-ebration… A time when the central office gets to celebrate the sales of a property with the property’s team! The team is flown to the central office in the company plan, welcomed with a red carpet and everyone cheering them on and awards for each person. The team is also taken to a nice dinner afterwards.
    - Help when needed… Never be afraid to ask for help, ask a question, or even just sit down and chat if something is wrong. Management has open doors is constantly willing to help with whatever you need.
    - I love my team… We are like one big family. We know when to joke and have fun but we also know when it’s time to work. We do birthday cards and cake, team outings, holiday parties, and much more!
    You determined your own success- hard work pays off!!
    - Raises… They are not rare.
    - Bonuses… The company offers an amazing bonus opportunity on top of your base pay!
    - Promotions… You get to work hands-on with senior leadership that allows you to develop your leadership and operational skills!
    - Partnership… The highest promotion you can be given and solely based on you!! You even get your name on the partner wall.
    Reward and Recognition is HUGE
    - R&R List… A list you fill out when you start of 10 things you want; trips, gift cards, shoes, hang bags, bikes, anything… you name it. If someone noticed you doing something great and wants to recognize you they can get you something from your list as a thank you for your hard work.
    - We also give out cards to shout out our teammates on a job well done!

Cons

The only negative I have is that the hours can sometimes be long but it pays off in the end!

6. "Work Hard and Get Rewarded!"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-People Count!
    - Great training and development
    -Ownership of your business
    -Great Benefits
    -Reward and Recognition

Cons

If you don't like to be held accountable or measured, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"World Class"

Current Employee - Partner in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Partner in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a high achieving firm. Commitment to people within the company and out in the community is special.

Cons

Very demanding so time management is crucial.

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-A company that truly lives by their Core Values
    -Unlimited growth opportunity
    -Uncapped bonus potential
    -Reward & Recognition can get you perks outside of salary
    -You don't work on major holidays!!
    -Challenging and rewarding work. Never a dull day! There is always more to work on!
    -First company I have ever worked for that the CEO and COO know me on a first name basis, upper management genuinely cares!

Cons

-This isn't a desk job you can just breeze through, so if you come to this company be prepared to work! (not a con so much as helpful info)
    -Days can be long at times

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture
    People
    High Standards
    Very rewarding
    Always Improving
    Focused on Training and Development of our People
    Customer focused
    Great benefits

Cons

Not for everyone
    You have to be a highly driven individual that always wants to raise the bar to be successful here

"Relentless Career"

Current Employee - Regional Service Trainer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Service Trainer in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with The Connor Group for going on 6 years now. Its still a job that I enjoy and motivated to go to and work hard every day. The biggest pro for me is promotion with in and reward and recognition. I started as a turn technician and with in 4 years I have been promoted up through 5+ positions and now a Regional Service Trainer and a partner in the company. Proof that hard work is recognized. The culture and people are great! The core values are very important. They are lived and exercised daily. If you are driven and relentless for excellence its a great place to work.

Cons

We exercise individual accountability and are very goal orientated. If you are the type that can't take constructive criticism to get better or trying to do the bare minimum then this may not be for you. this is not a con for me but maybe for some