The Connor Group Reviews
92% would recommend to a friend
(1164 total reviews)
94% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are great and started on day 1." (in 136 reviews)
- "The Connor Group believes in reward and recognition and does a great job in rewarding and recognizing associates for meeting or exceeding goals." (in 113 reviews)
- "Great culture if you are a hard worker who wants to get ahead and takes pride at 'being the best'" (in 108 reviews)
- "Training is great and ongoing" (in 79 reviews)
- "Great for people who take pride in their work and hold themselves accountable for their decision." (in 79 reviews)
- "long hours and lots of tough work." (in 63 reviews)
- "No work life balance" (in 58 reviews)
- "Long hours are common for all associates." (in 33 reviews)
- "Upper management is completely unethical and no matter how well you do your job they will cut you down." (in 12 reviews)
- "We’ve had at least six property managers and 3 different technicians at our property in a year" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Connor Group and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,164 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023Property ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearFort Lauderdale, FL
There isn’t another company out there that cares for their people the way The Connor Group does. This is a place for high achievement, along with high recognition! You will be challenged daily but will also have the support and tools available to succeed. As a result, associates at any level and position can expect to grow in both their personal and professional life throughout their careers at TCG. Last but not least, the sky is the limit when it comes to growth opportunities!
45-60hr work weeks are expected. This isn’t a huge thing for someone who is already used to it (as many coming from retail and restaurant industries are). Just don’t expect the perfect 40hr work week.
- 1.0Oct 24, 2023Director of Financial AnalysisCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMiamisburg, OH
They truly do have some great people here. Seems counterintuitive to the rest of this review.
Let's start w/ the ethics of how they get their reviews. They coerce their employees to write positive reviews to attract new talent. Literally, everyone there gets one telling them to write two reviews and if they don't like what you write, then you're fired. If you interview, ask them how many employees they have and do the math on how many employees they have. You'll quickly see that majority of those employees that gave them a 5 start review are no longer with them. Did they love it so much they left willingly? Honestly, I could go on about all of the other red flags, but I hope the first one is enough to dissuade anyone from applying. I was only there for a couple of weeks before I started looking elsewhere. The three months I was there before finding my next opportunity, they had fired close to 50% of the department's staff. Shortly after leaving they fired key accounting leadership. They'll pull you in with an attractive comp package and path to partnership. Don't expect to achieve either unless you're putting in 70 hours. Success here is defined by how long you sit in your office. I could go on about nuances like peculiar workplace norms (punishment is engrained in culture, no phones/computers in meetings, regular Saturday meetings are mandatory, cult-like quizzes on culture to kick off meetings), but I'm hoping the above is sufficient.7The Connor Group Response2mo
I am truly sorry that it did not work out here for you. I am not sure what spreading lies will accomplish though? We absolutely follow Glass Doors recommendation for asking associates to leave open and honest reviews yearly on what they believe the pros and cons are of working here. We have no idea nor any way of tracking who writes what as this is kept extremely confidential by Glass Door. And we most certainly have never fired anyone based on a review. We have unfortunately let people go for poor performance however, which could include attention to details especially in a Financial Analysis role. Kind of like stating you are a current employee but that you left after 3 months? Which is it? Morals or incompetence? I wish you nothing but the best, truly, and hope you find the right fit for you.
- 5.0Nov 17, 2023AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDayton, OH
If you're a high achiever and people describe you as relentless, gritty, and hard-working then The Connor Group is for you!! I have always been a driven individual, and when I came across The Connor Group I knew this was the perfect place, and someone where I saw myself long-term. People are rewarded and recognized for their hard work (with items from their wishlist!) and you are given clear feedback so you will always know where you stand.
You’re expected to contribute and achieve big. Not suited for everyone, but that is made clear in the interview process!1
- 1.0Nov 6, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDurham, NC
Bonuses can be good if you can put up with harassment, a high turnover rate, working off the clock and management looking the other way.
Harassment, a high turnover rate, being forced to work off the clock, unsafe situations not handled by management and double standards. They most certainly do NOT do the right thing. People do not count. There is no success when you're that corrupt (and it really started to show.) They can't keep people there long term but want you to think long term for them (while getting rid of people left and right.) And management is relentless in doing what they can to drive away good people.1
- 5.0Nov 20, 2023Property ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLouisville, KY
- Reward/Recognition program that is unmatched - Challenging work environment that encourages you to be better than your best - Support from upper management to surpass all your goals - Incredible investment in your personal development
- If you are opposed to constant constructive feedback, this is not for you - If you are not goal oriented, this is not for you - If you don't like sales, this is not for you1
- 1.0Sep 22, 2023Property ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLouisville, KY
I met a few great people during employment.
It is a very catty/clicky environment full of drama and lies. The support from upper management is non-existent. It’s impossible to get a call or text back in situations or help needed. The company has “core values” that they absolutely do not follow. They tell you that it’s an open door company and you can speak up if you’re not getting what you need and that you can ask for help. That’s not true either. The training plan they go over during recruiting and your first boot camp, throw it out the window. That’s not how training actually goes. You will have some guidance and help at the beginning of the training and then you are on your own! You will fight for everything, nothing is easy or as it should be here. The work/life balance that they preach, you guessed it, that’s not true either. If there’s something your tech can’t fix, you’re screwed. It will take an act of congress to get any outside help.5The Connor Group Response3mo
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad you had the opportunity to work with some great associates in our Louisville market. We are sorry to hear the communication from leadership was not to your satisfaction. We are constantly looking for ways to improve - and appreciate your input. We do provide associates with extensive training, and part of that training is to see if our people can operate our properties on their own. It's challenging, and it's not for everyone. We also have regional service trainers and seasoned associates who are a phone call away when a service team member needs help on a work order or turn. We encourage everyone to use their resources! If you have additional information you would be willing to share with us about the security concerns or lack of support you wrote about in your review, please contact Chris Jemo at the Central Support Office at 937-434-3095 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5.0Sep 25, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
I've worked at The Connor Group for over three years, and it's been a great experience. The company's culture, chances for career growth, good pay, and benefits make it a great place to work if you want a company that cares about its employees and helps them develop. I've seen some other reviews, but honestly, The Connor Group isn't the right fit for everyone, and that's okay. It doesn't mean it's good or bad. It's about finding the job that suits you best. We're clear about what we expect, how much you'll work, and what you're accountable for right from the start. I encourage you to look for jobs that match what you want and where you want to go in your career. If our way of doing things aligns with your career goals, you'll find it a rewarding place to work.
I can't think of any significant downsides to working here.2The Connor Group Response3mo
Thank you for sharing your input. Glad to hear the culture, career growth opportunities, and benefits make TCG a place you love working.
- 5.0Nov 20, 2023Property ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLouisville, KY
The Connor Group employ’s the top associates. Hard working, dedicated and goal oriented.
Don’t work here if you don’t want direct and honest feedback. We hold everyone accountable to our values and objectives.1
- 5.0Oct 27, 2023Director of AnalyticsCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDayton, OH
- Culture of high achievers who push each other to perform at a high level - Opportunity to earn partnership equity in the company - Amazing benefits and reward/recognition programs - Company that has grown from $1B to $3B in transactions in my 4 years working there, and are targeting to grow to $6B in transactions by 2027
- This company is not for everyone and does lead to higher than average turnover for individuals who do not fit within the culture1The Connor Group Response2mo
Thanks for sharing your feedback.
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Director of FinanceCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMiamisburg, OH
Compensation and benefits are top notch, and getting better as management continues to roll out better options for associates. The main office is beautiful, and a great place to work each day. Colleagues are friendly and helpful for new folks starting out as well.
The hours are long and the expectations are high, but that is what separates The Connor Group from other workplaces. We are high achievers that want to achieve goals that others think are impossible.1
The Connor Group Reviews FAQs
The Connor Group has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 1,175 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at The Connor Group to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
92% of The Connor Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Connor Group 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.