The Connor Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
The Connor Group Managing Partner Larry Connor
Larry Connor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Reward and recognition is second to none (in 27 reviews)

• You are rewarded and recognized for your hard work and promotions are based on performance (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is a fit for the right type of person (in 20 reviews)

• Long hours are common for all associates (in 27 reviews)

1. "RESULTS = Reward and Recognition"

Current Employee - Pcm in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Pcm in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I have worked for The Connor Group for 3 years. To begin with, the initial and ongoing training I have received continues to give me the tools I need to excel. The core policies and procedures that have been in place help to make our communities both successful and happy homes for our residents. Our residents ARE our number 1 priority, and to ensure that, our residents complete a survey twice a year at every property to give us feedback on what we do well and areas we can improve in - and The Connor Group helps us as managers actively react to both. Many of the rewards that we are able to get are centered around these scores. Personally, I feel my base compensation is more than adequate, but on top of that I have been rewarded with many items off my "wish list" (that my managers ensure they keep updated for us) plus I was fortunate enough to be given a paid vacation out of the country. I feel with my senior management team, that my opinion truly matters. I believe that if you are willing to work hard, follow the training, and utilize all of the readily available resources - everyone could be successful with this company.

Cons

Sometimes there are long hours involved - but like most jobs there are peak seasons and off seasons, so it typically balances out. Secondly, we as employees are not exempt from driving results - I would imagine anyone would be hard pressed to name one company where you were. We do have goals to achieve, not unlike a fast food restaurant meeting the drive thru time goals or a shipping company being under a certain mis-sort number or any goal with any type of organization, and finding the best ways to meet these goals can be stressful. However, in my past experience I couldn't always say I had the tools I needed to meet or achieve these goals...with The Connor Group, I can and I do.

Advice to Management

Continue to push us as employees to provide the best customer service we possibly can, and for me the ongoing training that is provided really is second to none! Thanks for always showing your appreciation for the hard work we do!

2. "Since working at The Connor Group everyday is exciting, rewarding,and you always feel like you are part of a team."

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The Connor Group is a organization that prides itself on achieving excellence. To be able to be a part of a company that is growing and developing is amazing. Anyone who achieves excellence in the company is rewarded and recognized. The company takes care of its employees and goes the extra mile to award exceptional performance. It is great to feel appreciated and to see the great things that continue to happen at The Connor Group. I love working for The Connor Group and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

You can not be affraid to be challenged.

3. "Most Rewarding job I have ever had"

Pros

They do a fantastic job of recognizing top talent and rewarding it! I always feel rewarded for a job well done.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard, but to also be rewarded for it too!

Advice to Management

Keep on challenging us!

4. "High Performance company"

Current Employee - Partner in Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Partner in Centerville, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growth opportunity for any level of associate
    Training and feedback
    Hard work and success are rewarded and recognized
    You can become an equity partner in the firm
    Quality people who will share your drive and enthusiasm for work

Cons

Have to be willing to do what it takes
    Excuse makers need not apply
    Feedback is direct, open and honest

Advice to Management

More encouragement to associates for getting into the very good 401-k plan

5. "The Connor Group Rewards and Recognizes Employees"

Current Employee - Expense Control Specialist in Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Expense Control Specialist in Centerville, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It does not matter what position you hold in the company, outstanding efforts are recognized every day with Winner's Circle cards, or gift cards to your favorite restaurant or book store.

Cons

You may need to work a little overtime to finish project.

"A Perfect place for a Career. As long as you work hard, you are recognized and rewarded beyond belief!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities- as long as you are willing to learn
    One-on-one exstensive training
    Top performers are rewarded and recognized with gifts and promotions
    Associates are paid higher than others in the industry
    Highly energetic and competitive company

Cons

Very high expectations for associates- but achievable
    Currently uses Anthem insurance- I am not a fan of Anthem
    Not recommended for people just looking for a paycheck

7. "a very stable company with great room for advancement as well as. A great work invironment"

Current Employee - Regional Service Trainer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Service Trainer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Connor Group is a great place to work . It is a very stable company that is growing tremendously. every thing is straight forward with a great in house training department. So what ever your skill set you can learn so much with the company .

Cons

You may have to work many hours in the busy season,but on the other hand you are rewarded for your hard work.

Advice to Management

Stay with the long term plan it is working great!

8. "Very challenging and rewarding"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am challenged everyday and given the opportunity to run my own business. This company is like no other company out there. You are paid a decent base salary and are highly rewarded for your success. They truly take care of their talented and dedicated employees from the grounds guy to the property manager. I love what I do, I have done this for nearly two years and I feel challenged everyday. This is not a career where you will be bored or under utilized. The regional manager is great to work for and allows you to run your property as if it were your own business. Every year we have two award banquets in each region and have numerous company functions throughout the year. Everyone in the company is dedicated and a team regardless where they are stationed. I love working here and plan to make this my career.

Cons

Very stressful.
    Summer days can be long hours.

Advice to Management

Have committees with employees throughout the company at all levels.

9. "Positive Working Environment with Great Team Members"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While everyone is responsible for their own goals and tasks, the majority of fellow associates are very welcoming and supportive of each other. This makes for a great working environment that effectively promotes exceptional results. The great efforts taken to achieve these results are rewarded on a daily basis so I never feel like the quality work I put in goes unnoticed. Also, managers have a way of achieving a forward-thinking mentality that often get the best out of their team members. Thanks to this, I have always felt trusted with my work and have had many opportunities to be creative.

Cons

The hours can sometimes be long, making for a less than desirable work/life balance.

"Opportunity of a Lifetime"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training we receive during the first month of being hired and the continuing training we get several times a year is just outstanding. It makes you feel good that they continue to invest time and money in your well being.

Cons

During the summer months is our busy season you are required to work more hours which takes away from spending time with your family.

Advice to Management

Continue to push as much training to your employees as possible even during the busy months.