The Connor Group Reviews | Glassdoor

The Connor Group Reviews

Updated August 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Reward and recognition is second to none (in 27 reviews)

• You are rewarded and recognized for your hard work and promotions are based on performance (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is a fit for the right type of person (in 20 reviews)

• Long hours - ten hour work day, five days a week (in 26 reviews)

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Profit Center Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Profit Center Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None I can think of.

Cons

Unprofessional and hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Investigate complaints

"Too much of a boys club/clique situation. No chance for any thing if you weren't in with the right crowd."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Centerville, OH
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Centerville, OH

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The dogs were fun to watch play sometimes. Free drinks. Popcorn machine. Could bring in wax tart warmers to combat the smell of wet dog.

Cons

Office would smell like wet dog. Would have to watch out for doggy landmines. Schedule expectations were not family friendly.

Jan 26, 2017 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our pet friendly environment. We try very hard to set expectations during the interview process and even do a day in the field with candidates so they can see what it... More

"Property Manager/ PCM"

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You learn a LOT. You work hard, and learn how to manage your time.

Cons

So many. They constantly want you to do more with less, upper management does not care about you, or the residents of your community. Its all about the bottom line. Their community policies and leases are designed to nickle and dime their residents. You defintiely do not have a clear conscience while youre running one of their proeprties. Borderline unethical.

Dec 15, 2016 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your 3 plus years here with us. As I am sure you know, we take any and all unethical behavior extremely serious. With that said please contact me at 937-434-3095 to... More

"A team environment like no other!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with The Connor Group for about two months, and it is the best decision I have ever made! Great company, wonderful work environment!

Cons

I have nothing but good things to say about The Connor Group. You are pushed every day, from the day you step foot in the company! You work hard but have great potential for high rewards!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and keep up the hard work!

Jan 7, 2017 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Great to hear you like and are enjoying your new career thus far!

"Call center department horrible job beware"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Springboro, OH
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Springboro, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gym
    There's lots of you don't work the call center portion
    Free drinks
    Casual Friday

Cons

No breaks
    30 minute lunch which you will hardly ever get
    Too much work for the low pay
    Low pay
    High stress
    Terrible health plans
    Unprofessional
    Uncomfortable chairs in break room

Advice to Management

Hire more people
    Make sure that account are truly ready before making them active in the system .
    Test new accounts before putting them live in the system .
    Stop micromanaging staff members.
    Give lunches and breaks it gives employees time to rest there minds and give better services to customers.

"Learning experience"

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Centerville, OH
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Centerville, OH

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned about what I won't tolerate in the workplace, and as a result of working here, established my personal ethical guidelines for future jobs. You may learn to stand up for yourself as a result of this job. I learned that no amount of money is worth trading my self worth, and when to walk away, which is invaluable.

Cons

If you look through the positive reviews, you will see clearly that they are written in a way that protects the company from the actual bad reviews, and blame those who left or gave bad reviews, rather than acknowledge this is a soul-sucking place to work. ..."This job won't be for you if you don't work hard" i.e. passively positioning the bad reviewers as lazy, non motivated people, and thus invalidating their opinions. I think they call that method 'gas lighting'.

Interestingly, this is the same strategy the management uses with their employees. If you have an issue or disagreement, YOU are the issue, and you will be shamed into feeling like not wanting to scam potential lessees or wanting to get the bonuses you've earned means there is something wrong with you, and 'you have bad work ethic' if you wish to be treated with respect.

From what I saw, it is a trickle down effect- higher ups feel powerless, and overpower those below them, and so forth. An abusive and toxic company culture. This was my first 'real job' after college, and it felt like a big opportunity when I got hired. Reflecting on this experience, I asked myself what I wish someone had told me when I started:

If you decide to work for them (or any company for that matter), listen to your gut, and ask yourself- does this feel off? Don't be afraid to leave- there are always more opportunities out there.

Advice to Management

Remember who you use to be. Your heart is in there. ( Sidenote- no, I would not like to discuss this matter further)

Jan 7, 2017 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

It is very unfortunate that you would not like to discuss this matter further. We strive to continue to make our company a great place to work as evident by the many positive reviews and... More

"Don't."

Former Employee - Grounds Maintenance in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Grounds Maintenance in Cary, NC

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promises of good hours and benefits and a great place to work.

Cons

They will work you to death doing things that are not part of your job and that you don't get the upscale pay for, then short your pay every chance they get. They go into their computer system and change your hours worked and have you sign "corrected" time sheets while never allowing you to see the actual time punch times. Then when you post a complaint here, they quickly reply for you to contact them via phone or email so the public sees their reply but all they want is to know who you are that's giving them a bad rating so they can blacklist you.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees both for the hours worked, earned benefits, and pay them for the work that's out of their pay grades.

"Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team work, advancement, fair play, they CARE about their employees, benefits are endless.

Cons

As a Sales Agent, you don't know where you will be placed up front so it could be 15 miles or 60 miles from your house.

Advice to Management

More structure with upper management and a layout of career paths. Most of us have been managers before so one would assume we want a similar path again and in a timely manner.

Jan 7, 2017 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Glad to hear you are enjoying your career with us. Appreciate your candidate feedback on how to improve and we will look into your suggestions. Thank you!

"The absolute worst place to live or work."

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good for what the job is, company offers great benefits. However the pay and benefits aren't worth selling out to such a horrible company.

Cons

There are too many to name. The company lies to their employees and residents. They use overly aggressive sales tactics that include making you harass prospects daily until they block your number or threaten harassment charges. The training is pitiful and the leadership is a boys club that pick and choose who they want to teach and coach.

Advice to Management

Blow the entire leadership staff up, hire a consultant and learn how to run a legitimate business that proactive what you preach.

Dec 20, 2016 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear you feel your training was not sufficient and that you have concerns with the company after your 1 plus years. I would be more than happy to talk to you confidentially about your... More

"Life After Retail"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Buckhead, GA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Buckhead, GA

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leaving retail was a scary but exciting venture. I have been with The Connor Group for almost 6 months now and I am excited to see where the company will take me. It's not easy work and you are challenged daily. Organization and personal drive are crucial for individual and company success. Rewards and incentive are unparalleled to most companies. Talk about bonus potential! If you are not afraid of hard work and are ready to work for a company that believes in and empowers their people then this is the place for you.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. Just be prepared to work hard in order to achieve your goals, you will be rewarded! Oh and my coworkers and management are amazing!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. I think clear paths/plans for people looking to be promoted could be a little more direct.