The Connor Group Reviews | Glassdoor

The Connor Group Reviews

Updated September 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Reward and recognition is second to none (in 28 reviews)

• You are rewarded and recognized for your hard work and promotions are based on performance (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is a fit for the right type of person (in 21 reviews)

• Long hours are common for all associates (in 28 reviews)

"Don't."

Former Employee - Grounds Maintenance in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Grounds Maintenance in Cary, NC

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promises of good hours and benefits and a great place to work.

Cons

They will work you to death doing things that are not part of your job and that you don't get the upscale pay for, then short your pay every chance they get. They go into their computer system and change your hours worked and have you sign "corrected" time sheets while never allowing you to see the actual time punch times. Then when you post a complaint here, they quickly reply for you to contact them via phone or email so the public sees their reply but all they want is to know who you are that's giving them a bad rating so they can blacklist you.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees both for the hours worked, earned benefits, and pay them for the work that's out of their pay grades.

"Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team work, advancement, fair play, they CARE about their employees, benefits are endless.

Cons

As a Sales Agent, you don't know where you will be placed up front so it could be 15 miles or 60 miles from your house.

Advice to Management

More structure with upper management and a layout of career paths. Most of us have been managers before so one would assume we want a similar path again and in a timely manner.

Jan 7, 2017 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Glad to hear you are enjoying your career with us. Appreciate your candidate feedback on how to improve and we will look into your suggestions. Thank you!

"The absolute worst place to live or work."

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good for what the job is, company offers great benefits. However the pay and benefits aren't worth selling out to such a horrible company.

Cons

There are too many to name. The company lies to their employees and residents. They use overly aggressive sales tactics that include making you harass prospects daily until they block your number or threaten harassment charges. The training is pitiful and the leadership is a boys club that pick and choose who they want to teach and coach.

Advice to Management

Blow the entire leadership staff up, hire a consultant and learn how to run a legitimate business that proactive what you preach.

Dec 20, 2016 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear you feel your training was not sufficient and that you have concerns with the company after your 1 plus years. I would be more than happy to talk to you confidentially about your... More

"Life After Retail"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Buckhead, GA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Buckhead, GA

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leaving retail was a scary but exciting venture. I have been with The Connor Group for almost 6 months now and I am excited to see where the company will take me. It's not easy work and you are challenged daily. Organization and personal drive are crucial for individual and company success. Rewards and incentive are unparalleled to most companies. Talk about bonus potential! If you are not afraid of hard work and are ready to work for a company that believes in and empowers their people then this is the place for you.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. Just be prepared to work hard in order to achieve your goals, you will be rewarded! Oh and my coworkers and management are amazing!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. I think clear paths/plans for people looking to be promoted could be a little more direct.

5. "High accountability, great reward and recognition"

Pros

Work with very talented people, excellent training, benefits, promotion opportunities and reward and recognition.

Cons

Not for those who are just looking for a "job"!

Advice to Management

Continue to give feedback and train associates.

"Do not be tricked!!"

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to this company. They will make you believe you'll be working for an upscale "luxury " company, but in reality you'll be scrubbing dirty tubs, continuously calling people on the daily and overselling a poor living experience. Forget making any sort of decisions, you'll always have to be waiting on upper management. They are the most unethical place I've ever come across. Don't waste your time.

Cons

They will probably find any reason to withhold your pay. And don't expect any R&R, it's all about favorites. Forget about having a life, you'll spend long hours at the office.

Advice to Management

Care for something other than the money.

Nov 5, 2016 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

I am truly sorry to hear you were not a good fit here and did not enjoy working. Please call me to discuss any alleged unethical behaviors as we take these very seriously and they are not tolerated... More

7. "Senior PCM"

Current Employee - Senior Profit Center Manager in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Profit Center Manager in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The working environment is extremely challenging everyday and pushes you to be the best! I love the people I work with! As a culture it is the best company I have worked for in my career. I am glad to say I have found myself at place that I see a long long future with!

Cons

This is not for everyone! You must love challenges, being accountable and high energy environments to be successful here!

Advice to Management

Keep ensuring training development is a top priority for Senior Management teams. It definitely helps the properties to have top notch leadership.

8. "Property Manager"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Connor Group follows their core beliefs and truly reward those who perform and work hard! I've been here for 2 years and am very happy with the company, coworkers and what they teach you to keep growing.

Cons

Can be stressful, but if you follow their systems it all falls into place!

"Hardworking and Goal Driven Company"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Connor Group is a fantastic place to work if you are goal-driven, hard-working, flexible, and detail oriented. This company has an environment of employees that are proud of what they do and work hard to achieve their goals. The expectations here are clear, and if you're motivated, you'll achieve them. The company also makes it a priority to recognize achievement and progress by celebrating their employees.

With that being said, they have a lot of fun in the process! Que the dogs, events, and great co-workers.

Cons

The company warns you, they're not for everyone. It's a very fast paced environment that expects a lot out of employees and not everyone is up to the challenge.

10. "The Connor Group"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Trainer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Trainer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Challenging work environment
    With hard work and great effort, one can advance quickly

Cons

One must want to put in the necessary hours to be successful