The Dallas Standard Reviews

2.8

"See YOU at the TOP!!!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Dallas Standard full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was skeptical coming into the business coming from a different field into something brand new. Now that I've been here for a year I can really see the impact this business has made on me professionally and personally. During my time at the Dallas standard I've been able to gain; - interviewing experience 1st 2nd and 3rds - conduct office meetings - personally mentor people's growth and development - traveled on behalf of our clients nationally and internationally Not only has it stacked my resume but I'm now seeing all of this experience pay off in my personal life being able to set my own schedule.

Cons

Not everyone is able to put their actions behind their words therefore they go to the Internet to complain about things you don't understand

Continue reading
  2. "Fake reviews - essentially a kiosk worker bugging shoppers"

I worked at The Dallas Standard

Pros

You will get hired. They exopodite the process and make it very easy and quick to get hired. That's pretty much the end of the list.

Cons

They lie to you during the first stages of the interview process. It's nothing like they say. You are going to be making minimum wage or just above it as long as you are in the entry level position which they tell you is a couple months but most the people I talked to had been there a more then 6 months and were still in the entry level position. I personally don't like people trying to sell pillows or creams bugging me while I am doing my shopping and that is what you will be doing. Very structured, you can tell all the managers have read the same "book" because they use the same lines on you over and over.

Continue reading

"Misleading "Opportunity" for people with degrees who couldn't find anything better"

2.0
    Former Employee - Direct Marketing Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at The Dallas Standard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office setting. That is literally the end of the list.

Cons

They are going to make you feel special, like you can achieve anything you want as long as you give up everything. You will give up all your time to be a sales person and to move boxes until 10 pm every other Sunday. And forget about taking a day off randomly. When you hear, "but is that what a manager would do?" RUN. They only talk about management when they don't have enough people to put on the schedule. They say that it's all about your attitude but God forbid your sales were not great one day and you will be torn a new one because "well you were over thinking it"

Continue reading

"Best Opportunity I've Had"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at The Dallas Standard full-time for more than a year

Pros

The growth I have seen in myself since working at The Dallas Standard is expotenially positive. The best part of this job is the not just the new skill sets I have developed but also improvements to my biggest inner weaknesses. When I first came on board with the company I loved the idea of a fast pace environment where I was able to move up quickly in the business. However it takes me a moment to get acclimated to a new environment. With this company though, I was astonished at the amount of genuine and caring people there were that wanted to establish open communication with me and a constructive game plan of how to get me to my certain goals. It made the transition easy and since then I have been hoping to be that kind of person to others that get hired on. I love the opportunity to move up fast but I also love that I will only get there with a lot of work and dedication, it makes it that much sweeter when I get to my goals. This job is not for the weak hearted or prideful or those who don't want to put in extra work in order to see results but if you are humble enough to take crucial feedback and apply it then this is a great place to work and the outcome will be incredibly rewarding. I also love the paid for travel opportunities.

Cons

I had to learn how to time manage better but that is a skill I learned because of this company and I am grateful for it.

Continue reading

"GROWTH, FUN, & GREAT PEOPLE"

Current Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Dallas Standard full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with the team here for just under two months and the growth I've seen in myself professionally, as well as others in the office, is amazing. The managers and crew care so much about our development and are always there to lend a hand and answer questions. I love how open they are about all the potential negatives and obstacles we're going to face, but that they also provide solutions to those problems. I've seen a lot of people get a ton out of this.

Cons

It starts from the ground up, which they're open about from day one, but obviously takes some getting used to. Honestly when I first applied I was worried by some of the reviews on here, but i don't know if those people are just horrible listeners. I've never felt misled. They're upfront about the venues we work in, our scheduling, and they're great about listening to my personal needs.

Continue reading

"ONLY for recent college grads, not for EXPERIENCED Business Professionals"

2.0

I worked at The Dallas Standard full-time

Pros

My lead was the best part of the company... Without her I never would have signed on.

Cons

The daily "pep rally" meetings. Standing in a circle clapping does nothing for me. And having to attend this MANDATORY meeting everyday was awful. It took me more time to drive there than the actual meeting lasted. Waste of gas money. They also try to tear you down in order to motivate you. Ridiculous They never told me I'd be selling in a Sams store for 8hrs a day.

Continue reading

"Multi Level Marketing Scheme"

I worked at The Dallas Standard

Pros

They sell in big box stores and they are upfront about that.

Cons

It's not marketing its just a sales job. Pyramid selling isn't technically illegal in Texas and if you play the game you might actually make some money. Don't fall for it, enter at your own risk. They let anyone work there so beware. Don't use or buy the products who knows where they come from.

"Love the growth opportunity!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Dallas Standard full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are great. I've learned so much about myself professionally as well as personally. They've guided me, trained me, and really helped me achieve both my short term goals and on track to achieve my long term goals. Fun, high energy work environment. People are always there to lend a helping hand.

Cons

Must have drive, self discipline, and be able to commit to the opportunity. Hard work pays off. Sometimes long hours.

"Only work here if you want to stand in Costco"

I have been working at The Dallas Standard

Pros

It seems fine on paper and in the interview, but once you are hired then you figure out you have to stand in Costco!

Cons

This company/job is such a scam! It's false advertising all the way. You will literally stand in Costco and sell cheap products. They are always looking for new people to hire because of the constant turnover rate!!

"Great Place To Build Yourself"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

I worked at The Dallas Standard full-time for less than a year

Pros

You gain so much experience in such a short time. Everyone is there to help. Not a dog-eat-dog world like many other businesses.

Cons

Have to have a personal drive and goals. It gets a little repetitive.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 English Reviews