Cover image for The Dart Network

59% Recommend to a Friend
69% Approve of CEO

Found 125 of over 152 reviews

3.4
The Dart Network President and  CEO Dave Ables (no image)
Dave Ables

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 16, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great employees, great pay, great place to gain experience

Cons

Not a lot or room for growth

2. 3.0

Close Enough

Aug 16, 2022 - Company Otr Driver in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I just really wanted to find a company that has trucks that either have a fair idle option, or apu's + power inverters. Luckily this company has inverters, and the endless idle function (TRUCK ENGINE WONT SHUT OFF) and optimized auto on and off idle. That meaning if you set the temperature knob in the bunk to the red or blue area, it will idle until it reaches that desired cool temperature depending on the position of the knob and the corresponding temperature of its position, within the red and blue circle range, then turns off. Then turns back on when it gets around 10° below that temperature range you set it at. And turns back on and off and on and continued... If you don't feel bothered by the engine turning on and off all the time. Like every 20 minutes or more, like 30+ give or take "depending" on set temperature range and the inside temperature, then you should be fine. Also there's bunk heaters. Gotta rely on those for heat. Unless you wanna keep the truck engine on for heat. But they will chew you out for continuous engine idling over 40% of the time. That's what the optimized idle is for. Managing enginerun time. I have a Cascadia by the way. Not sure about the other trucks. I know I'm focusing on the idle too much, but it to me is even more important than pay. Now pay. Since I have 3 year's of experience, I get 60cpm. But the per diem program puts it more realistically at 45cpm, empty and loaded miles. The loads are constant, and in your training, they will make you sign into the qualcomm so later on you'll be doing recaps. I got out of it because there was some thing wrong with my truck. Got my 34 hour resets back. By the way. Your truck may have issues. There are many reviews saying just a couple miles down the road and you'll come across a problem. Be ware of that. This company is good enough though. It's not terrible. ATS was a little bit better. Not by much though. Pay's around the same. The driver managers are close enough to helpful enough. People treat you good enough. It's a close enough to good enough company.

Cons

They don't pick up the phone very often. They may stick you with a truck with a lot of problems.

3. Join the The Dart Network team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0

Trash Pay

Oct 16, 2022 - Driver in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing about it is good, terminals are terrible with pot holes

Cons

Pot holes at terminals, low pay, will have you driving a load that cost as much as your fuel

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Sep 29, 2022 - Field Service Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

supplied uniforms supplied uniforms decent workers

Cons

poor management poor work environment poor raises poor benefit package

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bunch of crooks

May 13, 2022 - Lease Purchase Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid after every load and nothing more

Cons

Pretty much everything else. I got a truck that started messing up from day1. I was in a loaner truck and it done decent. I got the other truck instantly fuel consumption was horrible. I asked to be switched and they refused. It got to where I told them to come get their truck. They falsely reported my wages then hit my credit report saying i owe the 750 dollars.

7. 2.0

dont do it

Jun 22, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

im home nightly. thats about it. not a happy camper

Cons

they dont care about the drivers

Social Meida

We are sorry that you feel that way, here at Dart we believe that our drivers drive our business and are one of our top priorities! We welcome feedback and continue to working on making our driver experience better. If you would like to go over your experience please feel free to email us at dartsocialmedia@dart.net and we will see what we can do!

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Mid Management Struggles

Mar 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO, was engaged and willing to listen to all of us employees regardless of our role in the company.

Cons

Operations Management more interested in Golf and vacation than employees or conditions in our department.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Was devastated to be let go

May 1, 2021 - Payroll Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved my coworkers we were a family

Cons

Payroll ladies were under appreciated

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

company driver

Sep 15, 2021 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

good friendly atmosphere, will work with you to find good loads and consistent hometime

Cons

Weekend dispatch is slow like every other company I've drove for

1 person found this review helpful

The Dart Network Response

Thank you for the five-star review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Dart.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great atmosphere

Jul 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard work is appreciated and you feel like management cares about the people. You get out what you put in. Ideas are welcomed.

Cons

I do not have any negatives. Work is work and that's what they expect of you.

The Dart Network Response

Thanks so much for the excellent review. We're so glad you're part of the Dart family!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews
</>Embed

The Dart Network Reviews FAQs

The Dart Network has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 152 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at The Dart Network to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Dart Network employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Dart Network. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

59% of The Dart Network employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Dart Network 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The Dart Network to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with The Dart Network Job Seekers