KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

85% Recommend to a Friend
69% Approve of CEO

Found 75 of over 87 reviews

4.4
The David J. Joseph Company President Mark Schaefer (no image)
Mark Schaefer

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with, open door policy in all levels of management.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Very large business with a small amount of staff = very good pay for some positions.(in 4 reviews)
  • "In general its a very good work environment.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The work environment is very relaxed.From the IT Director down everyone is approachable.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The David J. Joseph Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great company!

Jul 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The salary is amazing! There are also bonuses

Cons

Not anything I can think of

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good experience

Jul 25, 2022 - Buyer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-good company culture -promote from within -job security

Cons

- a lot of promotions require you to move -can improve and push D&I initiatives further

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Exposure

Apr 22, 2022 - Brokerage Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great perks - Travel - Paid relocation - Benefits - Longevity

Cons

- Nucor culture swallowed up DJJ

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking time to give us a review. Happy to read your pros. We did align much more with Nucor this past year and there are many benefits that come with being part of this large company with such a strong culture!

4. 5.0

Great Company and Culture

Apr 21, 2022 - Customs Compliance Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, open door policy in all levels of management.

Cons

I don't have any as of yet.

Recruiting Manager

Great to hear you have no cons so far :) Hope it stays that way! We are always open to feedback of any kind so be sure to share any additional feedback with your manager.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best place to learn the industry

Apr 15, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid pay + benefits Small sales org Great work/life balance

Cons

Limited location options Advancement can be slow/limited

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Was great, now OK

Apr 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a great place to learn the trade. DJJ has a small-company atmosphere, despite its size. With additional integration into Nucor, more career opportunities are opening up for employees. Safety is a key attribute. The company operates very safely and in an environmentally friendly manner.

Cons

The past couple of years have been the most profitable in company history. Despite that, the following changes were made this year: Vacation time for employees was reduced (starting vacation for salaried, professional positions is now two weeks, accrued over the first year, with no increase until five years). Paternity leave was eliminated. Maternity leave was reduced. Health insurance options were reduced from four choices to one, resulting in much higher premiums, depending on the situation. Additionally, family insurance plans now charge additional premium for each child (e.g. a family with one child pays much less than a family with four children). All levels of management received job title reductions from the parent company. Random drug testing (hair testing) was introduced for corporate office workers. The role of head of the company was eliminated (different departments now report directly to the parent company). Some employees received pay cuts (either base pay or bonus potential). 401K matching was mostly replaced with a more complicated profit-sharing contribution. However employees are not eligible for another year (a year without the old DJJ 401K match, plus skipping a year without having the new profit sharing). During the pandemic, the company's covid policy left a lot to be desired. Almost everything was left up to individual manager discretion, and there was high pressure to come back to the office early on. Overall, DJJ is a less attractive option for prospective candidates, compared with prior years.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge that we went through a large scale alignment with our parent company over the past year and with that came inevitable change. We are now fully aligned and able to experience many of the benefits that come with being part of a Fortune 150 company. The opportunity for our teammates to advance and develop is greater than it ever has been and being part of Nucor’s profit sharing is an amazing benefit that encourages us all to work safe and smart. We have and will continue to invest in competitive compensation packages at all levels of the organization. Nucor just recorded our safest year in the Company’s history and was named to the list of 20 Best Large Workplaces In Manufacturing and Production. We are excited to see what 2022 brings! Thank you for acknowledging our commitment to safety and the environment.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Account Coordinator

Apr 7, 2022 - Account Coordinator in Newport, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, great work environment, friendly co workers

Cons

PTO is not great, no sick time, pay seems to be under industry standard, limited growth opportunity

Continue reading

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback on the PTO and are always reviewing this policy. The opportunities for growth are one of the things that we pride ourselves on. If you are not learning about and working toward opportunities please set a time to talk with HR.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Feb 25, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Outstanding Environment & Upward Mobility

Cons

I do not have any

9. 5.0

Operations

Sep 21, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management style for everyone

Cons

There are none at this time

Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your review. So glad to hear your experience is great so far. We pride ourselves on our culture and teammates feeling appreciated!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Djj

Sep 9, 2021 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was really good honestly

Cons

There is no cons at all

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review! Great to hear you are having a positive employment experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews
</>Embed

The David J. Joseph Company Reviews FAQs

The David J. Joseph Company has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 87 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at The David J. Joseph Company to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The David J. Joseph Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The David J. Joseph Company. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

85% of The David J. Joseph Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The David J. Joseph Company 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The David J. Joseph Company to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with The David J. Joseph Company Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at The David J. Joseph Company? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

236 days ago

Community
This December, our DJJ teammates throughout the US, donated back to local community charities. At our Cincinnati location, teammates donated to the Anderson Ferry Food Pantry, which helps serve families in crisis, single parents, seniors, veterans, the homeless, low-income families, and anyone who may be facing difficult challenges. We are grateful to have the opportunity to give back to the communities where we live and work! #donation #community #team #holidayseason #aNucorcompany
Shared image

264 days ago

Community
A big thank you to Molly Abbott and Tom Groll for organizing this Prepare Affair community outreach project for our team to participate in. Prepare Affair is a volunteer event that brings together more than 2,000 volunteers to help low-income, elderly and disabled homeowners prepare their homes for winter. One of the largest volunteer events in the tri-state, Prepare Affair crews will perform winter preparation activities that will make a huge difference for elderly homeowners with physical limitations. If you would like to learn more about Prepare Affair, follow the link below! http://www.pwchomerepairs.org/prepare-affair
Shared image

The David J. Joseph Company Photos

+ Add Photo
The David J. Joseph Company photo of: Our recycling facilities are able to host their local fire departments for essential training!
The David J. Joseph Company photo of: “The greatest asset a company can have is the people that work for it.” -David Joseph, Jr.
The David J. Joseph Company photo of: DJJ donated 2000 masks to area hospitals to help protect the first line heroes.
The David J. Joseph Company photo of: Recruiting at Miami University
The David J. Joseph Company photo of: The DJJ Recruiting Manager was part of the University 101 panel today at Miami University speaking to University Studies students about preparing for the future.
The David J. Joseph Company photo of: Congratulations to Team DJJ Re-Cyclers, who raised nearly $5,000 for Cystic Fibrosis. The team made-up of 11 teammates rode Sept 14th in Cincinnati.
The David J. Joseph Company photo of: Nucor Intern Summit 2019

Glassdoor has 87 The David J. Joseph Company reviews submitted anonymously by The David J. Joseph Company employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if The David J. Joseph Company is right for you.