KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible Team Of Creative People

Jul 28, 2021 - Video Producer and Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great potential for upward mobility - We get to work on uplifting content seen by millions - Highly collaborative environment - Management deeply cares about employees’ morale - The job is flexible, in terms of hours and responsibilities

Cons

- Creating content for social media comes with certain challenges as it can be volatile and always changing and evolving

2. 5.0

DREAM JOB

Jul 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Incredible team with great vision. Your work actually matters and you can see it in real time (fundraising huge amounts for rescues, seeing animals you cover get adopted, etc.). It’s incredible to watch — and then you remember you get paid to do this (yay)! -Excellent PTO (20+days to start!!) with a focus on work life balance (like wfh Fridays). -Competitive pay (especially for media). I have a couple friends in NY media companies whose payscales are way less than what I know of ours. -Some really really smart, good people with minimal hierarchy. Managers, even upper management, are all very open to candid convos. If you’re a dedicated, ambitious employee there’s endless room for advancement and management frequently promotes existing staff over hiring from the outside and and seems to focus on growing existing employees instead. Bosses haven’t even brought in an outside manager in over a year, it’s all been promoted staffers otherwise. -If you get a job here and like meaningful, productive work, you won’t regret taking it. It’s the job of my dreams.

Cons

-Many employees are young (see other reviews) which means this is one of their first jobs and they have no idea how good we have it, especially in media. Not a huge con day to day but it can get tiring when your team mates think they have it tough despite 20+ vacation days and workplace dogs and snacks and tons of wfh flexibility and leaving by 5 or 6 every day.

10 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Love My Job!

Oct 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Come to work and feel like you are actually making a difference in the world/feel proud of your work - Flexible schedule - can always take a work from home day, plus we have work from home Fridays every week! - Work with a really intelligent and passionate group of people - Dogs in the office all the time - Great company culture with lots of happy hours, bagels, snacks, outings, Jenga competitions

Cons

Because we are small and growing so fast sometimes you have to be scrappy and take on a lot, but we are all working toward the same goal - so not really a con. Everyone is excited to push the company forward.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Incredible Place To Work...

Sep 12, 2016 - Business Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

My job at The Dodo has not only awarded me the opportunity to surround myself with intelligent, passionate and hard-working people, but also to be a part of something that's 'greater than us.' With its mission - all animals, all the time - at the forefront of it's operation, the company strives to turn the animal welfare movement into something that everyone can get on board with. I'm constantly impressed by the mastery each team demonstrates; every piece of content is treated with care, crafted meticulously to ensure maximum effect on the largest audience possible. The workplace atmosphere mirrors this practice - each employee receives constructive feedback and has the ability to make their voice and opinions heard. Management prioritizes company culture and work-life balance, making for a fun, dynamic and innovative place to work.

Cons

Not a con, but more a great challenge - be prepared to wear many hats, as no day seems to be quite the same. It's been an amazing change-up to previous jobs, where redundancy day in and day out became more of a curse than a blessing.

5. 5.0

Actual DREAM Job

Sep 7, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

animal friendly office; strong core values; exciting company culture; and brilliant, creative and collaborative colleagues. every day I come to an office I love and leave knowing that, in some way, I've made a difference. this experience (and the fact that I get to call this a job) is a real dream!

Cons

reading through many sad and painful stories, many of which do not have fairytale endings; seeing and understanding the dark realities that animals are plagued by; and realizing how difficult it can be to make a real impact.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

very rewarding, rigorous but relaxed

Aug 22, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The mission -- a mission you can feel good about with a group of smart people with their hearts in the right place The content -- smart, strong point of view, data-driven, shareable, unique The culture -- fast-paced, efficient, flexible, transparent, inviting, fun

Cons

Having to comb through a lot of sad stories/photos/videos while searching, hard to see animals suffering

7. 5.0

love working at The Dodo

Jun 8, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Dodo is a rare place where everyone really cares about what they're doing. People are smart, supportive and constantly iterating to make big things happen. If you have an idea there's nothing stopping you from trying it.

Cons

It's a startup so things are constantly changing, which isn't for everyone. It can be sad knowing so much about animal issues, even while having a real impact on them.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

DREAM JOB

May 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a really chill place to work with tons of room to expand into areas that interest you. Plus dogs in the office on the regular.

Cons

ummm, perpetually stocked candy dishes (this one is only really applicable if you have no self control when it comes to sugar)

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

good vibes, everyone working to make a difference

May 23, 2016 -  in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) Everyone has the same end goal - to help animals and make their welfare a mainstream issue 2) Solid work culture - we just got back from a company picnic, lots of team lunches and happy hours, etc 3) good people - everyone's willing to help each other out, work across teams, etc 4) free snacks. Annie's gummy bears ftw.

Cons

It's a startup, so you have to love that the company is always improving and growing - what works one day may not work the next, which is exciting for the people who choose to work here. This isn't the place for people who just like to do their one clear-cut job tasks repeatedly. You have to be a team player, flexible and excited about growth.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

A job you can be proud of

May 20, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You get to to spend every day focused on helping improve animal lives. Every single person at the company plays a role in this - No matter what level you're at, you have the runway to take on more responsibilities and shape the strategic goals of the company - It's a celebratory culture - people like celebrating the big and small wins, and sometimes nothing at all (that's what happy hours are for) - Genuinely nice people. No backstabbing, politics or bureaucracy - Very solid management starting at the top, driving a culture of respect, empathy and meritocracy - not too common based on my prior experience at other co's

Cons

- Doesn't have a lot of the infrastructure of a large company - so if you need someone to do your expenses for you, this isn't the place for you - The charms of working in a historical cast iron building in Soho aside, sometimes the clanking pipes in the winter can wear on you

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews