The Flyer Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

The Flyer Sales Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2018

2.6
  1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Flyer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, weekly sales meetings, cash incentives, base salary with commission, knowledgeable management, competitive products, and comprehensive training!

Cons

Located in Brandon, and I live in downtown Tampa.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

The Flyer2017-01-17
  2. "Offered a really Great Schedule"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in South Florida, FL

I worked at The Flyer full-time

Pros

Made good money. Had a great schedule.

Cons

No room for advancement. Micromanaging was an issue. No 401k

The Flyer2018-04-20

"Horrible Company .....Over Promise and Under Deliver"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at The Flyer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very little pros....um..you get paid, but you must your butt for a very small commission.

Cons

Forced to sell the Flyer book - it is well past its prime. A few chosen ones control most of the decent accounts. Trying to sell their internet products, but it is not an internet company. Charges several prices for the same product.

Advice to Management

Get rid of upper management - they are a joke. Revamp that old, dusty book, the flyer. It needs an updating like no other.

The Flyer2017-08-22

"Avoid working here if you can. Don't trust the reviews, management asks current employees to write them."

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Flyer full-time for more than a year

Pros

The base salary is nice if you are coming straight out of college.

Cons

It seems like a great opportunity at first, but the truth is that you will be assigned a territory and all of the best accounts and prospects in that territory are already taken by the senior reps. They micromanage, you will fill out a "daily" that tracks each business you went to that day and your manager may even show up randomly in your territory to check up on you. The Flyer magazine is outdated and... quite honestly it does not work. Most business owners already know this because the company has been around for 40 years. There's not much opportunity for a new rep to go out there and make money.

Advice to Management

If you assign a rep a territory, give them the accounts in that territory. Don't lie to the reps!

The Flyer2017-08-13

"No growth"

Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Flyer full-time for more than a year

Pros

company training twice a week, company contest, offer IPad for work, pay for part of cell phone.

Cons

This job is one that you have to live, eat and breathe. ZERO work life balance. There is no room for growth, and not many have been at this company longer than one year. It's the good ole boy network! "buyer be aware!" The management operates out of fear and hounds you in fear so if you like to be pressured at all times, then this is for you. Men must wear a long sleeve shirt and tie...even tho its 90+ degree... weather outside. But the woman get away with a lot for attire. I can honestly say this is the worst job Ive ever had! Lastly, when you are an employee for this company, they ask people to write reviews on Glassdoor to help improve their ratings. They do this strategically so they know who wrote what! You are NOT allowed to look for another job while employed at The Flyer or you will be fired IMMEDIATELY!

Advice to Management

Be consistent! No favoritism. Upgrade all media, and hire more IT people. Its hard to sell only paper products when we live in a digital world. And its extremely time consuming to turn in dailies on paper when a computer rests in all sales associates hands. Get with the times! Also, the commercial car department greatly lacks leadership, or good programs to sell into. When selling commercial car products, the... account should be kept with the person who sold the product vs. giving it up to that department. The commercial car department is a joke! My last bit of advise- when you assess the employees for an honest opinion, don't punish them. Often times after an honest poll is taken, you are pulled aside for a 'talking too.' Why ask for an assessment if you come down on an employee?

The Flyer2017-06-09

"Fake and forced positive reviews"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Brandon, FL

I worked at The Flyer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers. I made some great friends here and we all helped each other.

Cons

I am really trying to prevent people from being mislead by false reviews. The sales team are all fully aware of how bad the company culture, management, product and service is. There is a very small percentage of the sales team that would write positive reviews and it is sadly because they don't know any different. They are either in their very first job or they have never left. Horrible pay!

Advice to Management

Follow through and figure out how to run a company.

The Flyer2017-04-25

"Bad company"

Outside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Flyer for less than a year

Pros

Meet nice people who I worked with

Cons

terrible managers, the pay is awful, no one is here over a year . Terrible product!!!

The Flyer2017-03-24
  8. "Best Sales Job"

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Flyer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely friendly coworkers always willing to help. They are patient to train and know it takes time to get going. At the same point they do have sales expectations but they are reasonable. As someone who has done sales for over a decade I can safely say this is the type of company you hope to land with. I also see them promote from within.

Cons

It is a sales job so as that isn't for everyone obviously but for real salespeople that isn't a problem.

Advice to Management

Keep What Your Doing!

The Flyer2016-07-28

"Outside Sales"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Flyer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company culture, everyone is very friendly including my manager, he is a gem. At the Flyer you get to learn about various types of businesses out in the field. The face to face interaction with business owners keeps it interesting. We have weekends off!

Cons

We do have certain deadlines to meet, but with experience it isn't a big problem. There is always someone there to help.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you're doing. The training we have been doing is great, keep it upbeat and fun.

The Flyer2016-04-12
  10. "Account Executive"

OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at The Flyer

Pros

Great management team that all were promoted from being Account Representatives themselves and have a true understanding and expectations of being an OSR in today's market. My manager in particular makes working every day fun, positive and upbeat. Lucky to have him and his experience to get advice from.

Cons

Training needs a little more technical advances to speed up the learning curve but as with most jobs you can study all you want but until you really start to do it is when you really know how to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Greatly appreciate all the new technology, keep it coming! More fun committee events and company field trips please.

The Flyer2016-04-13