The Fountain Group Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Recruiter

4.2
Hunter Cone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A place where hard work and ingenuity are rewarded with bonuses (in 5 reviews)

• Great company events, great people, great vibes (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits or 401k included ( they have benefits out of pocket ) (in 8 reviews)

• They claim to have offices in multiple different locations nationwide where the account managers sit, yet in reality, they sit in the next room (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Fountain Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, strong management. Sink or swim environment, they give you the tools to be successful and then leadership does not micromanage. This is a relaxed environment that allows people to be as successful as they want to be.

Cons

The clients can be inconsistent in terms of follow up or feedback on candidates we put forward. Perhaps more or different clients to work with would be beneficial, but they are always looking at the data to improve these circumstances.

Advice to Management

It is a matter of philosophy, but I believe the recruiters could be pushed a bit more to work harder. In some ways, people can get complacent- but this is what makes the place enticing to work for, for some people.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great pay/Commission especially after becoming a Sr. Recruiter. Terrific work environment with very helpful management and owners.

Cons

No Cons other than more training opportunities for professional development

Advice to Management

More professional Development opportunities and Cutting Edge Industry Training

"The real deal is a lie- RUN"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

Pros

None- I literally don't have 1 good thing to say about fountain group. I wasted months there.

Cons

The review titled "the real deal" was written by a manager at fountain group and they encourage their employees to get on this site and help write positive reviews since there are so many negative real ones. The company is completely unethical and they are constantly breaking HR rules not sure how they are still operating. They say they are a tier 1 vendor are they are definitely not. It's sad they continue to lie to contractors

Advice to Management

Get actual managers with experience. Don't favor certain recruiters because you are dating them.

"Liars"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I try to think of something, but nothing comes to mind. If anything, just good resume building skills that got me out of there.

Cons

Lack of job security
    Inability to listen
    No benefits or PTO
    Hours are terrible
    "Exhaustive measures" meant putting someone on development, aka death row, where they moved the persons desk to a specified row of desks to be on display so everyone knew they were struggling for hires. It could be considered a modern day pillory.

Advice to Management

Ben needs to learn to legitimately listen to people. His responses only show a half hearted attempt to answer questions. It is evident in his responses on here, where he doesn't properly address concerns.

"Great company!!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provides an opportunity to recruit in all staffing verticals.
    Has a great training program and managers provide continuous support to make sure you are successful.
    Offers excellent pay, commission and bonus program (BEST in Tampa!!!).
    Company is growing fast, lots of opportunities for advancement
    Overtime is easily approved.
    Laid back work environment with flexible hours. (The Fountain group is national staffing agency, so different shifts are available)
    **Recruitment skill are in demand, if you want to learn and get into the business, this is the place**

Cons

Benefit options could be better, but I know they are working on it.

Advice to Management

Create more balance with order distribution

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Fountain Group (Less than a year)

Pros

-Fast paced work
    -Great communication amongst coworkers and managers
    -Good starting pay - unlimited overtime
    -Entry level with quick on-the-job training
    -Excellent team leader in the training process

Cons

-No benefits
    -Senior employees can choose to work east coast hours, but junior employees often work west coast hours
    -Work overtime almost everyday in order to complete your task
    -Some positions will be open for multiple days and worked by other recruiters. This leads to frustration because it can be difficult to find new candidates to submit for these positions.
    -You will sometimes need get up early to call candidates off your office hours to confirm they are prepared for their interview that day.

Advice to Management

-Management does a good job of being sensitive to your needs and are willing to work with you within reason
    -Be more blunt about working hours and working late

7. "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything. Great pay, great people, great daily duties, etc. I'm glad that they pay hourly PLUS commissions, versus one or the other. I haven't got to the bonus level yet, but I will by next quarter...

Cons

I wish there was more color on the walls, and some greenery like fake plants or something. Also, have it'd be nice if there were more meetings for the whole company together. It seems that allows a lot of information and opinions to be discussed about changes or changes to come.

Advice to Management

Let the artists in the office have fun with painting the walls, but more plants, and make sure the vending machine guy comes more often.

"Fountain Group Experience"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very professional and upbeat environment. Fountain Group was extremely interactive with their employees and always treated them with respect. The leaders in management are quite personable able to motivate and make you feel like apart of a family.

Cons

Although seniority should deserve some perks, often the new employees didn't have the same advantages than those in favor would have by receiving better contracts based on pay and location. As a business point of view it does make sense because more often than not they who have more experience can show better results. Even knowing that, a relatively new employee can also perform if given the opportunity fairly within reason. I found that within the group of managers who handle the contracts there was favoritism based on personal relationships non work related. Sometimes those things are to be expected but, other than that The Fountain Group was an awesome place to work.

Advice to Management

Review the habits of contract managers selections based on by favoritism. Remain as hungry and dedicated to making everyone motivated and excited to work for The Fountain Group.

"Working as a Recruiter for this company"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I quickly started to make a good amount of commission during the time I was with The Fountain Group. I was promised multiple times to being promoted to a Senior Recruiter amongst other opportunities.
    The atmosphere is young which is good to take the edge of the boiler room affect the company has.
    You can get a job here if you're a criminal with serious felonies.
    Once you've worked at the Fountain Group, every other recruiting company will respect the amount of time you've put here as it has quite the reputation.

Cons

The company will lie and keep everything a secret. This company is NOT a $50-99 million company. They DO NOT have 500-999 employees, they have maybe 40 in total.
    If you like working with criminals this is a great place, I knew of at least 5 people who had very serious Felonies such as; Gang Crime, Selling Cocaine, Grand Theft etc...
    If they want to fire you, they do it in the form of survivor - The Account Managers meet in a conference room on Mondays and they will speak about which recruiters they DISLIKE, they will all VOTE for this employee to then be fired and you will be fired by the end of the work day, no notice.
    They hire some of the worst people, as they are unable to get quality Recruiters they will employ servers who have very little phone etiquette.
    I was at the Fountain Group for a year and saw at least 150 or so people get fired in that time.
    They train Recruiters to lie through their teeth to candidates for jobs so that they will interview and get hired for a temp position and promise the candidate that it will turn into a perm role.

Advice to Management

This company is going down in flames anyway, jump ship and don't ever work together again.
    One member of management (Phil Mooney) has a very good vision for a company but unfortunately his talents are wasted in a company that is one of the worst I've ever experience.

If you want to succeed you need a full strip and revaluate how you are managing your company.

"Great place to learn and grow."

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Fountain Group is a great place to get a start in the recruiting business and fine tune your recruiting abilities. The Fountain Group is growing fast and promotes people based upon merit and not on tenure. Trust me, this is a great thing. I have been at large corporations in the past that someone started 6 months before you and unless they left you had no hope of moving up the corporate ladder. New positions are being created all the time and the people that are smart and work hard are the ones that get promoted (imagine that). They even have training on Weekends for people that want to brush up on IT skills. These training classes fill up in under 5 mins, so they must be doing something right if Recruiters want to come in on Saturdays and learn IT. If you want to work on the 40th floor, have views of the bay, pay $15 per day to park downtown, be able to leave at 3pm everyday, and spend 2 hours every morning making coffee and talking about last nights episode of The Walking Dead, this isn't the place. But me personally, I will trade all of that for a much larger slice of the pie (aka $$$). All of those fancy things don't come cheap and instead of a sky rise building and fancy art on the wall, The Fountain Group pays their employees better than any other staffing firm. The commission structure for Recruiters blows the competition away. I will take $80k per year with commission and no benefits or PTO than $45k with PTO and benefits. The difference in pay more than makes up for the PTO and benefits. It really rewards those who want to work hard and on the flip side, it makes it quite obvious who is just here to collect a pay check.

Cons

A more functional Applicant Tracking System would be nice.

Advice to Management

Advanced Training for Sr Recruiters.