The Fountain Group Senior Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Recruiter

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hunter Cone

Pros
  • A place where hard work and ingenuity are rewarded with bonuses (in 5 reviews)

• Free coffee and great ice machine (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits or 401k included ( they have benefits out of pocket ) (in 8 reviews)

• They claim to have offices in multiple different locations nationwide where the account managers sit, yet in reality, they sit in the next room (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Contractor - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Fountain Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, strong management. Sink or swim environment, they give you the tools to be successful and then leadership does not micromanage. This is a relaxed environment that allows people to be as successful as they want to be.

Cons

The clients can be inconsistent in terms of follow up or feedback on candidates we put forward. Perhaps more or different clients to work with would be beneficial, but they are always looking at the data to improve these circumstances.

Advice to Management

It is a matter of philosophy, but I believe the recruiters could be pushed a bit more to work harder. In some ways, people can get complacent- but this is what makes the place enticing to work for, for some people.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great pay/Commission especially after becoming a Sr. Recruiter. Terrific work environment with very helpful management and owners.

Cons

No Cons other than more training opportunities for professional development

Advice to Management

More professional Development opportunities and Cutting Edge Industry Training

"The real deal is a lie- RUN"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

Pros

None- I literally don't have 1 good thing to say about fountain group. I wasted months there.

Cons

The review titled "the real deal" was written by a manager at fountain group and they encourage their employees to get on this site and help write positive reviews since there are so many negative real ones. The company is completely unethical and they are constantly breaking HR rules not sure how they are still operating. They say they are a tier 1 vendor are they are definitely not. It's sad they continue to lie to contractors

Advice to Management

Get actual managers with experience. Don't favor certain recruiters because you are dating them.

"Great company!!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provides an opportunity to recruit in all staffing verticals.
    Has a great training program and managers provide continuous support to make sure you are successful.
    Offers excellent pay, commission and bonus program (BEST in Tampa!!!).
    Company is growing fast, lots of opportunities for advancement
    Overtime is easily approved.
    Laid back work environment with flexible hours. (The Fountain group is national staffing agency, so different shifts are available)
    **Recruitment skill are in demand, if you want to learn and get into the business, this is the place**

Cons

Benefit options could be better, but I know they are working on it.

Advice to Management

Create more balance with order distribution

"Great place to learn and grow."

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Fountain Group is a great place to get a start in the recruiting business and fine tune your recruiting abilities. The Fountain Group is growing fast and promotes people based upon merit and not on tenure. Trust me, this is a great thing. I have been at large corporations in the past that someone started 6 months before you and unless they left you had no hope of moving up the corporate ladder. New positions are being created all the time and the people that are smart and work hard are the ones that get promoted (imagine that). They even have training on Weekends for people that want to brush up on IT skills. These training classes fill up in under 5 mins, so they must be doing something right if Recruiters want to come in on Saturdays and learn IT. If you want to work on the 40th floor, have views of the bay, pay $15 per day to park downtown, be able to leave at 3pm everyday, and spend 2 hours every morning making coffee and talking about last nights episode of The Walking Dead, this isn't the place. But me personally, I will trade all of that for a much larger slice of the pie (aka $$$). All of those fancy things don't come cheap and instead of a sky rise building and fancy art on the wall, The Fountain Group pays their employees better than any other staffing firm. The commission structure for Recruiters blows the competition away. I will take $80k per year with commission and no benefits or PTO than $45k with PTO and benefits. The difference in pay more than makes up for the PTO and benefits. It really rewards those who want to work hard and on the flip side, it makes it quite obvious who is just here to collect a pay check.

Cons

A more functional Applicant Tracking System would be nice.

Advice to Management

Advanced Training for Sr Recruiters.

"Horrible, Horrible company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee. Pay is decent. Good training.

Cons

This place treats employees horribly. They have more turnover than any place i have worked at which is sad because i have seen really good recruiters leave. Good starting point if you want the cut throat recruiting experience where you are undervalued and just another number.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees like people and not money makers. Has anyone in this company taken an hr class?

"This company will work hard for you if you will work hard for them."

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with TFG for 4.5 years and I have seen many changes and policies including a mass raise for recruiters, the implementation of PTO and a formal bonus structure for recruiters that is very generous and is achievable in a reasonable amount of time with hard work. The training program is constantly evolving and is orders of magnitude better than where it was even two years ago. Base pay is above the regional norm for recruiters. The commission structure is decent considering the kind of work we do, this is not full desk recruiting. TFG rewards those who work hard. Company and Industry focus is on numbers, be it calls, submissions, interviews or hires. This company is a place where if you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded. If you are not then you should not be here.

Cons

No contribution to health insurance, access to a few (expensive) plans is provided. PTO does not kick in for a year. There are no retirement benefits, and no option to make a pre-tax contribution to an outside retirement plan. For newbies there seems to be an excessive focus on calls and submissions without a correlating emphasis that these will make interviews and hires happen.

Advice to Management

Communicate changes with employees! Most of us talk for a living and without facts we will speculate, gossip, and draw our own conclusions about apparently arbitrary policy changes. Trust that your employees have brains and can use them.