The Fountain Group Talent Acquisition Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Hunter Cone
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A place where hard work and ingenuity are rewarded with bonuses (in 5 reviews)

• Great company events, great people, great vibes (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits or 401k included ( they have benefits out of pocket ) (in 8 reviews)

• They claim to have offices in multiple different locations nationwide where the account managers sit, yet in reality, they sit in the next room (in 7 reviews)

1. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High end clients, team building activities, best management team I have ever had the pleasure of working for since I started my career, good requisitions, endless learning potential, room for advancement, high quality training staff, detailed training program, no caps on commission, endless possibilities, EXCELLENT compensation (haven't heard of higher pay anywhere else).

Cons

Need better Healthcare options for individuals and families, later shifts have no supervision and tend to get out of hand with the noise levels when trying to actually work, late shifts, I truly can not think of anything else that needs improvement

Advice to Management

Have a day and night time manager

"Awful!!! Go somewhere else!"

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entry level recruiting exposure.
    Decent size break room.
    Clean bathrooms.

Cons

* No Applicant Tracking System.
    * Recycled exhausted requisitions.
    * No benefits/ PTO (for a ridiculous amount of time I believe 3 years).
    * Unethical company.
    * No one utilizes the designated smoking areas on the premises (smoke right by the break door and front entrance)
    * High turnover.
    * Frequent company layoffs due to company finances.
    * Long hours- being new, they make you work west coast hours 1pm-10pm without telling you until you get out of training (Good luck if you have children).
    * Zero job stability.

FYI- Company forces current employees to go on Glassdoor and write good positive reviews. If you are familiar with the staffing industry in the Tampa market- you will be very aware of the awful reputation this company has. They claim to have offices in multiple different locations nationwide where the account managers sit, yet in reality, they sit in the next room.There are no offices anywhere else. Recruiters work recycled reqs over and over and call all the same candidates and get yelled at because they are being harassed by recruiters from TFG all day. There is no ATS system to track them on who's been called and who hasn't. I could not work here for more than a month. Kept in contact with some of my colleagues in my training class- they shared once they got out of training they had to work west coast shifts (1pm-10pm) which they were told they would have the regular morning shift 9-6. They say that to con you into accepting the position. That is ridiculous. Within 6 months- everyone from my training class is no longer there. I heard of ridiculous lay offs because the company's finances were not in good standings (even their former Corporate Recruiter was let go). The trainers were demoted back to regular recruiters because they were not hiring anyone on because they couldn't afford it. This would be a decent entry level recruiting job to gain exposure to the industry, but I highly do NOT recommend for experienced recruiters. Start here and gain 1 year experience and go else where (that is if you last more than 6 months). The tenure people here are in a clique. You definitely sense favoritism amongst everyone. I had a bad experience, I worked at many other places with a more professional and comfortable setting. Their desk look like college library school reading cubicles, so small. The work attire is business casual- yet it seems like it's just casual. Granted, we are recruiters and do not work face to face with candidates on a daily, but still be presentable. People wear flip flops/ untuck t-shirts/ baggy pants (not business professional whatsoever). Good luck if you want to work here or already work here and are miserable.

Advice to Management

Invest in an ATS system like a regular staffing company- which is crucial to function a staffing firm. Look into benefits for employees. Have PTO for employees in a reasonable accrue time.

"Taking a different approach to our industry"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel the company has been taking some positive steps this year by hiring a Data Analyst to help us hone in on what works and what does not work. It has taken a few months but the data approach is now starting to translate into process changes. The next step will be measuring the outcomes. I believe our recruiting and account management teams will be in a position to make more placements and in turn hire paychecks.

Cons

Sometimes a small handful of negative people can bring down morale. Instead of just moving on it seems they want to spread bad vibes first. I find it baffling.

Advice to Management

Keep on seeking new and creative ways out fox the competition!

"Completely unprofessional, by far the worse company I have ever worked for."

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro was it was close to my house. from day one there has been nothing but CONS.

Cons

You dont get benefits til after a year or PTO.
    When in training the correct expectations were not set or given to do your job correctly.
    If the trainer was out for the day, training was cancelled, you had to go home, and you didnt get paid for that day.
    We were never introduced to the entire office or at least management, so we knew who were account managers and other teammate that we would be working with once on the floor out of training.
    And they fire people for speaking professionally about their concern about making us leave if there is no trainer in for the day.
    They dont tell you hours before hand, and expect you to just do whatever hours they want you to.

Overall it is just a very unorganized company who caters to friends.

Advice to Management

Put a stop to all the smoke breaks, and unorganized training you guys give. And when the new guys come in, introduce yourself.

"Do NOT work here!!!! Trust Me!"

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After working here for a little over a month there is nothing good to say about this company! Do NOT waste your time! I am glad I only wasted 1 month of my life at this organization.

Cons

The organization as a whole lacks structure and needs to be revamped!
    The training was disorganized with no proper organization/timeline set up. The trainer has no clue what he is doing. Constant profanity in the training room from the trainer, multiple Human Resources infractions which are too many to list. Also, personal information such as: social security numbers, phone numbers/addresses, and other employee applicant information freely strewn about the training room so anyone can see. I have never been in such a poorly managed environment. Many cases of nepotism and it is blatant.

Advice to Management

Stop telling lies, fire the entire "management" team because they are incompetent!