The Frantz Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
John Frantz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Business Development Rep"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative -Call Center in Grafton, WI

I worked at The Frantz Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a small company, with very welcoming employees. Everyone that trained me was very helpful, I felt like I learned a lot and was successful due to the team atmosphere. They have fun employee events, and the small size of the business lets you get to know everyone easily.

Cons

Wish there would have been more recognition, and more company events. The job can seem repetitive at times, other than that - it was a great place to work and really taught me a lot to keep moving in my career.

"Account Representative"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Grafton, WI
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Grafton, WI

I worked at The Frantz Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent people to work with. They recognize birthdays and other achievements.

Cons

Low pay. Benefits bad (health insurance expensive, was almost $80.00 a paycheck for single coverage prior to recession and affordable care act. No 401k match, no Roth 401k. Small parking lot (had to be on list for a spot). Only 2 days of vacation when hired on.

Managment too micromanaging.

You are managed by people who have not done what you do (yet they can give you guidance on how to do your job better).

Hiring practices are very shady. Men hardly ever got promoted (this company is setting itself up for a class action lawsuit)

Advice to Management

John, you are a great person. You are a successful business person. It's awesome that you run your company debt free. It's your company. However you will never retain top talent without somewhat better benefits.

It's not your fault but the affordable care act has tied your hands. You will never have an incentive to hire more than 50 people so you are exempt from the ACA employer mandate.

Thank you for the learning experience but I've moved onto much better pay and benefits.

3. "Worst Company to work for, EVER!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Grafton, WI

I have been working at The Frantz Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it's a paycheck until I find a better company to work for with better pay.

Cons

I've been working for Frantz Group for a while now and my co-workers are the WORST! Especially one old woman whose been here forever. Watch out for her. She's evil and disgusting. You know who you are. Everyone gossips ALOT about others, especially about newcomers. Don't expect this to be a long term job. Once I find better, I'm out of this glorified call center! VERY Low pay. Boring call center work. At a computer ALL day! Old outdated building and disgusting bathroom! Old women I work with do NOT wash their hands after using the restroom! Nasty! Stay away from Frantz!

Advice to Management

Shutter the doors on Frantz Group and update your decor. Clean house, especially among management positions. Frantz is a horrible environment to work in!

"Worst employer ever!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Grafton, WI

Pros

It's a job. There are no other pros.

Cons

Low pay. Horrible management. Everyone here gossips about everyone else. Low morale. Atmosphere is like being in high school. Boring cubicle work. The job is 100% making phone calls at a desk for 8.5 hours every day. No room for growth. Condescending owner and managers.

Advice to Management

Shutter the doors!

"BDR"

Current Employee - BDR in Grafton, WI
    Current Employee - BDR in Grafton, WI

Pros

There are exactly zero pros to working here. Avoid at all costs.

Cons

LOW PAY, BAD MANAGEMENT, CALL CENTER ENVIRONMENT, RUDE CO WORKERS.

Advice to Management

This is a horrible place to work with low pay.

"Worst Employer Ever!"

I have been working at The Frantz Group full-time

Pros

There are NO pros. It's a job, period. The worst I ever had.

Cons

low pay
    bad management
    boring work
    boring co-workers

Advice to Management

Management here is a joke! This job is one someone takes only until they find something better!

"Decent Company / Flexible Schedule"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grafton, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grafton, WI

I have been working at The Frantz Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked at the Frantz Group for the past couple years. It’s a decent place to work. I like the flexibility in hours, starting at 7:30 instead of 8:00 and making up time if I have an appointment or something. I can also leave early on Fridays if I work longer hours earlier in the week. I’m someone who likes talking to people, so don’t mind being on the phone most of the day. I’ve also met some good friends and for the most part enjoy my co-workers.

Cons

Sometimes the day to day lacks variety and management is always busy. It’s hard sometimes to meet with them and if something comes up on their end, it usually bumps my meetings with them.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with employees about what's going on. More company events would also be nice.

"Worst Company to work for in America!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Grafton, WI

I have been working at The Frantz Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'd agree with the other posters, it's nice to take breaks when you see fit, not when someone tells you that it's your break time. I come from retail so I am used to being "told" when to go on break, even when I'm not ready for it at a certain time. This is a Monday thru Friday schedule with no nights or weekends which is a plus if you are used to retail hours, yet this is the normal schedule for anyone working in an office environment.

Cons

Management is backstabbing. One day you are doing just fine and the next day you "need improvement". Really? The company hires everyone at a "level 1" which is their version of an entry level position, so everyone starts at the same place, yet, not everyone is paid the same. How does it make sense or is it fair for one person to start off at $13 an hour and another person at $16 an hour for the same job?! Well that's easy, Frantz Group will pay what they think you are "worth". I found this out talking to a co-worker who clearly was not happy with the company and flat out told me how much they were being paid an hour, all while I was being paid more than them and they clearly had more experience than me. People are laid off randomly for no reason at all and then told some BS story about how they lack the "skills" Frantz Group is looking for, yet nobody can say exactly what these "skills" are! This is a wannabe call center as everyone just does outbound calls to different businesses that Frantz is contracted with. IBM and JP Morgan to name a few. Our job is to call these businesses as if we are calling FROM IBM or JP Morgan which to me is very dishonest. Last year we were told that suddenly JP Morgan "needs" everyone's fingerprints who is to work on the JP Morgan campaign. Everyone was sent to the local police department to be fingerprinted and supposedly "sent" to JP Morgan in New York where you will have NO Idea what is done with your fingerprints after they are sent off somewhere! We do not work with any money or financial information. We do not work with any personal information at all! The only thing we have is a list of companies who JP Morgan sends us who could "potentially" use JP Morgan credit card processing services, the companies on this list are not even customers of JP Morgan! Our job is to "sell" the JP Morgan services to these potential customers and then walk them through accepting the service in a generic email we send to them. The whole process is very shady and I totally understand why so many people are so suspicious of me when I call them! I absolutely hate doing it but it's the job! You will be on the phone constantly 8 hours per day with only your unpaid 30 minute lunch break and a couple times if you go to the restroom to actually get out of your chair and walk around! It's horrible! This company is an extremely shady company to work for and you never really are explained the purpose of your calls to these companies, you are only trained "how to make phone calls" and "what to say"! One of the last reviewers was 100% correct when they said that this is a job you take when you are out of work and you just need "a job" to get you by until you find something better! It beats retail but you will work in a miserable environment with a bunch of deadbeats who could very obviously not find another job elsewhere. The only employees who stay long term are the lazy who have no desire to do better for themselves. The BEST thing that could happen to you if you work here is being laid off because they will lay you off for about 30 days and tell you that "they don't have enough work for you" but they will call you when they do, then they never call you and finally a month later, they will contact you and tell you that they are terminating your employment because they don't have enough work! Yet you find out that they are constantly hiring new employees. So how can you terminate someone and tell them there's "no work" but hire a new employee a week later? That's because they know that you already found out what a horrible company they are!

Advice to Management

Treat your current employees better and quit lying to people when you lay them off. You never know when it will come back to bite you in the back end!!

"Great place to work, nice people"

Current Employee - Employee in Grafton, WI
    Current Employee - Employee in Grafton, WI

I have been working at The Frantz Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve been an employee of Frantz Group for a couple of years now and have to say that my experience with the company is quite different from some of the other reviews I’ve seen here. I think any employment experience is what you make it, but have to say that with this company mine has overall been pretty good.
    Frantz Group is a small company, which can have its drawbacks as well as its benefits. You seem to be able to get good face time with the managers, and even the President which is pretty cool and not situation I’ve experienced at other places I’ve worked. Most of the employees work on teams and everyone from the folks on my team to upper management is pretty helpful when it comes to learning new projects. There can be a lot to learn, most of it was things I wasn’t familiar with – but there is a lot of support to help figure it all out. Another thing I’ve found helpful is that if my manager isn’t around to ask a question to – I can usually find another one that is willing to help out. Most of the managers have started at the entry level – so they understand where I’m coming from and I think that is why everyone is so willing to help each other out. Though it’s limited due to the size of the company, I think there is opportunity to grow. If you put in the effort, it’s definitely recognized, which is nice to see in such a busy place. The environment is fun, its face paced but that makes the day go by quicker - Overall, I enjoy working in the team settings that we have and have had a lot of chances to learn about new technologies. I’m pretty glad I found this place when I did, it seems like a pretty good spot to be and someplace I’d like to stay for a while.

Cons

The company is small and the management is pretty busy, which means that meetings seem to get cancelled or moved around a lot, which can be frustrating at times.
    The office itself is a little boring and dated, could use some sprucing up to be more current, more modern, less stuffy.
    This job is in a call center, which at times can get a little repetitive and boring – but it is what you make it, and the people there definitely help make it more fun.

Advice to Management

I get to see my regular manager quite a bit, but really don’t get to see much of senior/upper management. I think because they are so busy. I’d like it if they interacted with the rest of us a little more, and were a little more visible.

"Horrible Company to Work For!!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Grafton, WI

I have been working at The Frantz Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent amount of breaks
    Can take your breaks pretty much whenever you want

Cons

Low pay. $15 an hour. really? Nobody can live on that sad wage!
    Company gets rid of employees for no reason whatsoever. One day they are here, next day they are gone. Very shady company!
    company is not honest about lay offs and seem to do so for no reason.
    people are also promoted for no reason.
    People like to gossip and talk about others. It is like being in high school again.
    Bathrooms are disgusting. There are people who somehow leave poop on the walls and there are also bugs crawling around the bathrooms. The bathrooms always smell horrible.
    There is absolutely no room for advancement as the only management positions are taken by people who have been with the company for many years and are friends with other managers.
    There is a huge amount of favortism. You are only promoted to a "level 2 ambasador" if you are friends with management and know how to suck up!
    This is a job that most people seem to take because they cant find work anywhere else. Most leave as soon as something better comes along.

Advice to Management

Shut the doors on Frantz Group because its obvious that Frantz Group is going nowhere, fast. 9 out of 10 employees are miserable here and the only employees who actually like their job are the old people 50+ year olds who just work this pathetic job to get out of the house! Learn how to run a company and retain employees.