Found 2,904 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are so many great people who work there who make my experience so much better!" (in 146 reviews)
- "Most coworkers are friendly and helpful" (in 132 reviews)
- "Health care benefits are good for a retailer and still largely subsidized and gave not gone up in cost greatly for employees." (in 97 reviews)
- "30% discount and flexible hours" (in 64 reviews)
- "Fellow employees are great for the most point and the discount" (in 50 reviews)
- "cut labor hours hard because of poor management and then wonder why sales are down." (in 303 reviews)
- "Low pay and not enough advastment" (in 201 reviews)
- "Managers don't know whats really going on in the store.Unreasonable expectations between amount of associates and job expectations" (in 128 reviews)
- "Constant 'new' upper management." (in 102 reviews)
- "No training you are thrown into a job and get yelled at when you do not know." (in 90 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Fresh Market and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Aug 29, 2023Bakery ClerkCurrent EmployeeRoanoke, VA
Kind people, and flexible schedules
The pay is far far too lowThe Fresh Market Response5d
We appreciate your honest review and are glad to hear you are happy with The Fresh Market’s culture and environment. We work hard to offer an inclusive and happy work environment for all.
- 1.0Jul 23, 2023Deli ProductionFormer Employee, less than 1 year
The store manager lets you come to work drunk, there is no accountability in the store, only the store favorites though!
The store manager lets people come into work drunk. There is no training. They lie to you and tell you full time is a minimum of 35 hours, then schedule you 30 hours saying that’s full time status. They hire management that has ZERO grocery experience. Just because they have ‘retail’ experience, does not mean they have what it takes to run a grocery store. The store manager likes to hide the legal state posters about right to work and equal opportunities. So if you want your worker rights violated, work here. If you want to work with a store manager who can’t be bothered to work 40 hours a week since they live 90 minutes from the store. I love working for managers who just sit on their phone all day, make people stop working on projects, so they can do the work the store manager doesn’t want to. Come to work tired, go sleep under the bulk bins or in the bathroom! The amount of time theft and employee theft if awful. Department managers sell out dated and bad meat from the meat department. This company is awful as a whole, STAY AWAY AND DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. If you like working with racists and misandrist, this is the company for you! If you want to waste your time and be gaslighted, this is the company for you!5The Fresh Market Response2mo
Thank you for your review, as we take these reviews and your feedback very seriously. We try to provide our employees with a comfortable atmosphere where no one feels they are treated unfairly. Please call The Fresh Market’s employee help line at 833-TFM-4363 to provide details about your experience, as we would like to be of further assistance.
The Fresh Market Reviews FAQs
The Fresh Market has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 2,953 reviews left anonymously by employees. 44% of employees would recommend working at The Fresh Market to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
44% of The Fresh Market employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Fresh Market 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.