Found 765 of over 774 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "They have competitive pay and good benefits" (in 78 reviews)
- "Good benefits and they try to keep moral high." (in 35 reviews)
- "Great people that work there and its nothing like what you read on the news." (in 18 reviews)
- "They pay good money and pay for your insurance." (in 18 reviews)
- "A good opportunity to obtain experience working with the offender population" (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The GEO Group and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Apr 19, 2023Security ClerkCurrent Employee
Busy on a daily basis , receive and, communicate with a lot of staff, a lot of clerical responsibilities that I enjoy very much.
I travel to and from Karnes City. The wear and tear on my vehicle is not good.The GEO Group Response5mo
Thank you for taking the time to share about your employment experience at GEO. We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things. Thank you for your feedback.
- 2.0Sep 20, 2023Registered NurseCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMcFarland, CA
I can't think of a pro at the moment
Short staffed, and poor management. Under qualified people are given management positions because they don't pay enough to attract qualified people. The prisons are time based contracts. The place can close down and leave you high and dry. Not a place to work if you're looking for a career.
The GEO Group Reviews FAQs
The GEO Group has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 774 reviews left anonymously by employees. 39% of employees would recommend working at The GEO Group to a friend and 30% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
39% of The GEO Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The GEO Group 2.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.5 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.