The Geo Group (WI) Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 9, 2017

3.7
Georgia Roeming

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Decent company to work for"

Current Employee - Freelance Translator in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Freelance Translator in Madison, WI

I have been working at The Geo Group (WI) (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, pay on time and smooth workflow. Flexible with scheduling the work hours.

Cons

Dedicate more time to marketing!

Advice to Management

Take care of invoicing and scheduling in a more prompt manner.

2. "So much potential for growth."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at The Geo Group (WI) as a contractor

Pros

Small home office, flexible hours, and some can work from home. People were nice! It's an interesting industry.

Cons

I wasn't there very long but it seemed like some processes were inefficient. The building is kind of dark, sad and outdated.

Advice to Management

Modernizing and lightening up the building would go a long way in making it a more pleasing place to work.

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Audio Engineer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Audio Engineer in Madison, WI

Pros

I worked for this company for 7 years as a Studio Engineer. I loved working here and was sad to go when I moved to go back to school. The managers are great and the people are friendly. Working with the translators and voice-over talent really taught me a lot about international relations and different customs. If you get a chance to work here, do it.

Cons

Being a small business, there is a salary cap. But, if you can live with the salary, which is pretty good, this job will teach you a lot.

Advice to Management

I don't really have anything to give advice on. I loved working with Georgia and Scott. They are kind, understanding and really care about their employees.

4. "All about the money"

Pros

Decent pay and depending on your position, you leadership is either hit or miss.

Cons

Terrible hours, Terrible leadership, Zero room for advancement, pay is no where near worth the work.

5. "The Geo Group is a wonderful place to work with friendly people."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at The Geo Group (WI) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was able to gain experience in my career and there was flexibility when I needed it.

Cons

The compensation could be higher and the training could be better. Overall though it was a good place to work.

Advice to Management

Wonderful human resource manager.

6. "a family business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Pros

Although the company is on the verge of competing with larger companies, it still has a small business feel. It is a family business and in many ways, the company is treated as an extension of the family. You can generally expect to be treated well and with loyalty, and employees are empowered to try new things.

Cons

The family business aspect comes with downsides: many hires and collaborations are based on personal or familial relationships rather than skill. The managerial laisser faire that empowers employees has the downside that strong employees can intrude upon weaker ones.