Global Work & Travel Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2022

Found 141 of over 177 reviews

4.3
Global Work & Travel Co-Founder & CEO Jürgen Himmelmann (no image)
Jürgen Himmelmann

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Greatest place to work at

Mar 10, 2022 - Arrival Coordinator in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think I love everything about my job. It is face paced, I like that I have a lot to do. I like, that I connect with people around the world and share my experience and make my travelers feel understood. I love my staff benefits. I really like the work environment, my colleagues, the support I get and just easy is to feel like part of the team. I really like my manager Chrissy, she has been the most helpful, patient and encouraging me every step of the way. Plus over office has amazing views :)

Cons

I have not been able to find any.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company

Mar 21, 2022 - Trip Coordinator in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team and understanding management , great modern offices with access to free barista and beer taps , regular food and drinks on the company at great venues across London , great earning potential , Monday to Friday with no weekend work !

Cons

Sometimes you work overtime like with any salery role but it’s entirely your own choice .

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company I’ve worked for

Mar 22, 2022 - Work & Travel Expert in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun co workers, good banter between teams Decent working hours Team events/nights out Stunning central London office Free beer and cider People bring their dogs in Business always changing to exciting things

Cons

Customers every now and again can be tricky but it’s all part of the role. It’s very busy but it makes the day go quick

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Incredible work environment and innovative company

Jan 4, 2022 - Arrival Coordinator in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- This company has a very tight-knit team that is always prepared to support each other. This has made such a lasting impact as an employee and I genuinely look forward to coming to work because of the atmosphere. - This is truly one of those jobs where you get to see how it changes your clients' lives, since you get to support them throughout the entirety of their travel journey and see how they develop as people. - Management is fantastic.

Cons

Salary could be more competitive so as to match the cost of living in the city we work from.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing team environment

Feb 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible team. You get to work with an extremely collaborative, knowledgeable, supportive close group of people in a gorgeous office space. Truly an amazing work environment. The GM really cares about their staff. Fun bonding events for staff and clients.

Cons

Zero health/vision/dental benefits. No sick days, not even for COVID (it only just became a government requirement). No paid time off until after 12 months of working there. Didn't see much career growth opportunity. Salary is very low compared to the cost of living and other similar roles at other companies. Way more negative complaints from staff behind the scenes here than any company I've ever worked for previously, really takes away your motivation.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Global Work & Travel

Jan 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team you work with, although very high turn over even in the teams where you would expect a higher retention of staff.

Cons

VERY low salary even with 'benefits' we weren't able to take as it's a travel bonus during covid, no flexibility of hours or work from home options, micro managing from higher ups, many other team members who were there for a while often had grievances with not being acknowledged for their tenure or were promised bonus' they never received. Higher ups always boasted how the company was performing better during covid than ever before but still didn't pay staff their promised bonus' or a competitive salary saying times were tough because of covid. Were forced to take annual leave for Melbourne Cup despite the company being super animal friendly (actually illegal to make people take AL except for around the xmas period).

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Got an email after a week asking me to leave one of these. Im glad I waited!

Mar 13, 2022 - Arrivals Coordinator in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Some of the team based in London - The WeWork office building - Working hours - Interaction with travellers

Cons

- Pay scale/job description; advertised as a customer service position, however, you end up basically being a PA, a therapist, a babysitter, a recruiter with more being added but the pay stays the same - Care more about the company image than they do the employees - Micro manages to the extreme in the London office - Absolutely no benefits whatsoever (You get a bit of food the odd time but unless you’re a vegan, you have to pay for your own) - Very much script based when interacting with customers - Misleads customers and sells them a dream when in reality, it’s an overpriced, unnecessary service being provided - Little to no Covid regulations when needed in the office. Workers forced to come into a tiny office space when work can easily be done from home. Employees who are POSITIVE for Covid-19 forced to take public transport into the office to collect a Laptop so they can work from home despite some management being allowed to WFH in other countries. I could go on for days.

Global Work & Travel Response

People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are very sorry to hear that your experience with us was mostly negative, and we take great disappointment in leaving this experience with you, as we pride ourselves on creating the best team environment possible for all team members. Perhaps this suggests why you decided to vanish on a lunch break during your first 6 weeks working with us? In the interest of providing further depth to those reading this review, to shed more balance on your feedback, we want to clarify that as an Arrivals Coordinator you were responsible for providing elite customer service and support for our clients arriving from all over the world, which was explained during the interview process, along with the competitive remuneration package you accepted, and then a further increase after only 6 weeks in. As an international team, we do empower and rely on all our team members to work autonomously, and agree micromanagement is not an effective approach in trying to build a world-class business, thus we believe it's imperative in finding top-grade team members so this doesn't need to happen. We do however take all new employees through a comprehensive onboarding and training process, that includes regular feedback to ensure they feel supported at all times and meet the high standards of service our customers expect from us, which may not have been received in a constructive manner in this case. As for staff benefits, we pride ourselves on the fact that all team members at Global get to enjoy paid birthday's off, champagne on each anniversary, regular team social events and parties, monthly charity fundraisers, an annual free-trip bonus, flexible working hours & above-industry remuneration. When it comes to social events and parties, as a team we are extremely passionate about animal welfare and this is one of our core values to not exploit anyone, or anything, in our operations. Any meals paid by the company are plant-based to align with these values. We do not require any of our staff to participate if they don’t wish to and believe a nutritious meal can still be provided, and appreciated, without chicken or other meat. As for our Covid policies, we have a very detailed Covid policy that all staff have access to and as part of this employees are able to work from home if they do contract Covid and need to isolate, if they have the tools at home to do so. We also underwent a major upgrade to our technical infrastructure to allow staff to work from home, and appreciate all team members who helped us overcome many Covid-related obstacles. We do not ask for reviews after 1 week, but our CEO personally emails all new staff after the first month to welcome them on board and ask for feedback to help us improve. We were not the right fit in this instance, but wish you all the best J., and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to provide some clarity and insight for others wanting to join our Global Team! All the best.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Go-ahead company and a great place to work

Feb 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Gold Coast
    Business Outlook

Pros

A truly global company which values its employees and encourages ideas to be shared. Also big on personal development. Pro here are driven to succeed but still really nice

Cons

Nothing at this stage to report

9. 3.0

Great Company but low pay

Mar 30, 2022 - Product Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun office with lovely people Great company culture Fun interesting work in general if you love travel Dog friendly office Office located in a WeWork :)

Cons

Low pay Long hours / unpaid lunch break No pension

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Good team culture

Apr 4, 2022 - Full Stack Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great company culture - good life/work balance

Cons

- I'll try and think about it

Viewing 1 - 10 of 141 Reviews

Global Work & Travel Reviews FAQs

Global Work & Travel has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 177 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Global Work & Travel to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Global Work & Travel employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Global Work & Travel. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

84% of Global Work & Travel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Global Work & Travel 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Global Work & Travel to be culture, management, career development and the cons to be work life balance, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with Global Work & Travel Job Seekers