Global Work & Travel Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2021

4.6
Global Work & Travel Co-Founder & CEO Jürgen Himmelmann (no image)
Jürgen Himmelmann
Pros
  • "Being able to give people the chance to work and travel abroad ultimately providing them with a life changing experience(in 15 reviews)

• "I met some of my closest friends by working at The Global Work & Travel Co(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours but you are compensated nicely(in 10 reviews)

• "11 bucks an hour while trying to convince travellers the minimum wage is at least(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I am currently heading into my 1st month of employment, so far so good. Everyone was warm and welcoming.

Apr 12, 2021 - Cancellations Specialist in Manila, Manila, Manila
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am a remote worker from the Philippines, meaning I am working offshore at a work from home set up.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I am really happy to be part of the team because this company provides equal opportunity to the employees.

Mar 1, 2021 - Financial Controller (North America) in Batangas, Batangas City, Batangas City
      Business Outlook

Pros

My manager Richard and my colleague Mia are very helpful and approachable. I find my job very easy because they are always there to answer my queries.

Cons

There are some things that we can improve on some processes which I would like to propose.

3. 5.0

New Employee Review

Mar 10, 2021 - Accounts Payable in Manila, Manila, Manila
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful colleague. They will assist you all through out.

Cons

none so far as I am still new

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst minimum wage job

Mar 14, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

There was nothing good about this job

Cons

Everything about working for this place was awful. Do yourself a favour and stay very far away from this company. They make you pay for your computer and headset, and then try put you on minimum wage and say your a ‘contractor’ that way they don’t have to pay you annual leave, sick leave etc. The biggest scam of a job, don’t be fooled!

5. 5.0

LIVING THE DREAM !!

Sep 29, 2020 - Travel Consultant in Surfers Paradise
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office is so fresh and modern, with a working atmosphere to match! Facilities are always clean and there's not a single room on the floor without a spectacular view. The location is also unbeatable, being just a 2 minute walk to Surfers Paradise beach, bars, restaurants and shops. The work hours are an absolute dream, finishing at 2pm daily, with weekends off, makes my life and experience here as a working holiday traveler the ultimate goal. But most importantly, my most favourite part about this job is being able to chat with like-minded people all day, helping to turn their travel inquiries into a future reality !!

Cons

The only negative about working here would be that you're not going to be making a real decent income, especially if you have an unsuccessful week on the sales floor.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Such an awesome place to work

Dec 18, 2020 - Arrival Coordinator in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office views, dog-friendly office, amazing management, great training, such a welcoming, and helpful team!

Cons

I've been working at Global Work and Travel for over a month and there are no cons at the moment!

7. 5.0

* Living the Dream! *

Nov 3, 2020 - Travel Expert in Gold Coast
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Positive - Fun - Engaging - Relaxed - Productive First job I've ever had that is in a relaxed environment instead of stressful, which actually makes everyone more productive in turn. Great place to have a laugh and opportunity to make lots of money. Fantastic training also.

Cons

Can't think of anything. We are always learning new things so it's vibing and thriving.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing !!!

Nov 18, 2020 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly team and managers, lots of support for people just starting, great location all around great office vibes! Supports animal welfare too!

Cons

Don't have a bad word to say!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Tons of turnover because of unfair pay

Jan 14, 2021 - Trip Coordinator in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with are fantastic

Cons

No benefits at all, long hours, never paid overtime but work hourly not salary. Grossly underpaid, after tax you make about $10 an hour.

Global Work & Travel Response

People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to submit this feedback. We are happy to hear you met some great people during your time with us. We do pride ourselves on finding and cultivating great people as that’s what makes our services shine! All our salaries are routinely reviewed in line with the Canadian industry standard. The starting salary for this position is $40,000 per annum ($19.25 per hour) and that is what each employee has been paid at a minimum. As you were with us for a short time, you would not have yet been eligible for a salary increase, or our highly coveted travel benefits program that provides staff with double the industry paid time off, and free airfares anywhere around the world. However, you would have still had access to a range of staff perks that come with our company and office building, such as gym membership, free coffee, tea, beer, and kombucha, wellness areas, free weekly events and social gatherings, plus many other great benefits staff receive. Unfortunately, we cannot understand your feedback regarding hours. We follow the standard 40 hour workweek and there is rarely ever a need for overtime unless there is a company event, or if staff wish to finish their current task when 5:30 comes around, which some choose to do, but are not required to. We also, generally, maintain a great staff retention rate, with most staff staying well beyond their initial contract. We attribute this to our great work environment, which is built and maintained by our incredible staff working in a fast-paced and exciting industry making our customer's travel dreams come true. We find it disheartening to hear that our organisation did not line up with your employment expectations, however, we spend a great deal of time and effort to ensure we are more than competitive in our remuneration packages and general staff care and wellbeing. If you wish to discuss your review and score in more detail, we would welcome you to provide further insight directly to our feedback team feedback@globalworkandtravel.com. In the meantime, we wish you the best with your future endeavours and hope you find something more in line with your employment expectations.

10. 5.0

Great Team !!

Nov 3, 2020 - Sales Agent in Surfers Paradise
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team culture, Amazing views in the office, High earning potential

Cons

No free staff car parking

Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 Reviews