The Goddard School Employee Reviews about "goddard school"
48% would recommend to a friend
(33 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about The Goddard School? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with The Goddard School employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The staff is great and so are the parents" (in 120 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and the work with the kids is what makes it worth it !" (in 64 reviews)
- "People are nice and parents friendly" (in 36 reviews)
- "Nice facility with pretty building and grounds." (in 20 reviews)
- "Good work environment for sure" (in 16 reviews)
- "The pay is low and they want to work you hard with little concern for you" (in 240 reviews)
- "Poor management and even worse owner" (in 187 reviews)
- "No benefits and under pay" (in 79 reviews)
- "Long hours and difficult to go outside" (in 43 reviews)
- "Poor communication between higher ups and employees." (in 26 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Goddard School and is not affected by filters.
Found 33 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "goddard school"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Jun 17, 2014TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOlathe, KS
The best thing about working for The Goddard School is the freedom you have when planning curriculum. The budget for supplies is not much, but at least you have the ability to be creative. The children are very flexible with a variety of teachers, as there is not much consistency because of the high turnover rate.
The biggest con of Olathe 2 is the management! They are very rude and short with their staff. Most of the teachers are either afraid of losing their job at any given time and are too frightened to go to the management with problems or concerns. The turnover rate is very high. They demand perfection...with the QA score and in general. If you are not perfect, do not apply here!!!2
- 4.0Aug 22, 2016TeacherFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMacedonia, OH
The Goddard school is primarily ran efficiently. And they also offer great benefits.
I think the cons of working at the Goddard school is unprofessional relationships between management and staff.
- 5.0Feb 11, 2016Assistant TeacherCurrent EmployeePasadena, MD
I have been working at The Goddard School for almost a year now. I love this job so much I absolutely love the management, staff and the kids! Being able to care for these children and watch them grow makes my day.
Some days can be a little stressful when working with young children but The Goddard School makes the best of it!1
- 2.0Aug 8, 2016Lead Pre-k TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearRancho Cordova, CA
The Goddard school in Rancho Cordova has an amazing teaching staff that truly cares for the well-being of the children and exceed in curriculum. The teacher's share supplies, ideas, and have great communication between each other. They are a great support system for each other.
The higher management in the front office is unprofessional and creates unnecessary stress on the staff. They consistently talk about employees with other employees which should be private. They always side with the parents no matter how ridiculous the parent’s requests are, it is always the teacher's fault. The owner of the building and the franchise has no idea what he is doing and is not a leader. He is cheap and doesn't support his staff with necessary supplies that the staff needs. The owner and director ignore requests for performance reviews and raises.3
- 5.0Jan 29, 2019Lead TeacherFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
I've been working for The Goddard School in Englewood Cliffs for over 3 years now and I absolutely love it! I have a passion for teaching and this school provides me with opportunity to do so! This school is amazing for personal development and growth opportunities. The Goddard School provides great compensation for this field and hours are very flexible. Management is always there for you whenever you need help and guidance and hey encourage employees to give their best! Proper training is provided and the owner pays for webinars and classes which you learn a ton from! Overall, the teachers are great, they have quickly became family to me. I could not recommend this job highly enough!
No cons at this time.1
- 5.0Mar 17, 2017Lead TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
I love most of my coworkers. Management has changed and shifted and each person is professional. The former Director is now the owner and on-site daily.
Pay could always be better in this industry but Goddard is competitive with other schools in the area. Time off is strict but good for those who do want to come to work everyday. Holds the others that do not accountable.
- 5.0Nov 8, 2023Lead Toddler TeacherFormer Employee, less than 1 yearFulshear, TX
•fulshear goddard school management is superior! • The health and safety is it’s #1 priority • it’s a newer school • the teachers/ staff make you feel welcomed • the facility is organized
• parents can be rude • days are long and stressful sometimes • the pay was not enough for what i had to go through
- 1.0Feb 16, 2012Assistant TeacherFormer Employee
The only reasons that The Goddard School would be a good place to work is if you care about the families and the children but don't necessarily care about the money you are making or the respect you get from your employer. The job itself was wonderful getting to see children every day and facilitating their development and becoming a part of the families that are a part of your every-day life!
The Goddard School doesn't care much about their employees benefits and well-being. Often times employees are told to come into work with children even when they are ill and don't get breaks when they are supposed to because of ratio errors. Management is more interested in the profit they are making by hiring less employees than they need than they are about the environment they are providing for employees.4
- 2.0Sep 7, 2015Lead Preschool TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSaint Peters, MO
Depends on each school, but fortunately, my co-teachers are wonderful. I have grown throughout my 3 years working at the Goddard school and I have learned a lot.
I am certified to teach elementary and early childhood. Having a degree is a requirement and yet I make WAY less than a teacher in a school district. I feel very stuck. It's ALOT of work but my pay is very very little!3