The Goddard School Employee Reviews about "working with children"
48% would recommend to a friend
(16 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The staff is great and so are the parents" (in 111 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and the work with the kids is what makes it worth it !" (in 66 reviews)
- "People are nice and parents friendly" (in 39 reviews)
- "good work environment enjoyable better" (in 23 reviews)
- "Nice facility with pretty building and grounds." (in 21 reviews)
- "The pay is low and they want to work you hard with little concern for you" (in 237 reviews)
- "Poor management and even worse owner" (in 197 reviews)
- "No benefits and under pay" (in 82 reviews)
- "Long hours and difficult to go outside" (in 41 reviews)
- "Poor communication between higher ups and employees." (in 25 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Goddard School and is not affected by filters.
Found 16 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "working with children"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 11, 2016Assistant TeacherCurrent EmployeePasadena, MD
I have been working at The Goddard School for almost a year now. I love this job so much I absolutely love the management, staff and the kids! Being able to care for these children and watch them grow makes my day.
Some days can be a little stressful when working with young children but The Goddard School makes the best of it!1
- 1.0Apr 30, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeePhiladelphia, PA
The Directors who ran the school were amazing. I loved working with the children and considered some of my coworkers family. Interaction with the parents in caring for their child at the school as well as at home made me feel like I was an important part of the child's growth and development.
It is a franchise and the owner did not receive support of any kind especially when the landlord locked out everyone with NO notice and didn't even give a typical 30 day notice to vacate. We could not say good-bye to the children and the parents were left to find day care in one day which is impossible due to waiting lists.3
- 4.0Feb 6, 2017Teacher AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearTinton Falls, NJ
Really great people to work for, great kids & parents. Paid time off, Christmas/New Years vacation, and sick days.
The pay is not that great for the amount of work you do, especially working with such young children. There's also no room to move up unless you have a degree
- 5.0Apr 7, 2015RESOURCECurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPasadena, MD
The absolute best reason to work at Goddard is going to work without feeling like your going to work, its just professional fun.
The biggest con is dealing with the really stressful days that come from working with young children.
- 5.0Feb 24, 2021Assistant TeacherFormer Employee, more than 1 year
flexible working schedule, working with children, fun activities & lessons to do with children
the pay could have been higher
- 3.0Jan 15, 2013Lead TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMarietta, GA
Working with the children is great, and I am lucky to work at a center with some pretty great co-workers.
The amount of work you do as a Lead compared to the pay you get is not worth it. Especially if you have more than a CDA. As a higher-education graduate, I do not feel valued if I am being paid the same as someone with a CDA. There is also very little to no room for career growth. I do not take advantage of benefits, so I cannot comment on them.
- 3.0Oct 12, 2022TeacherFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDerry, NH
working with children and being given opportunities to be creative while also being provided structure.
little room for growth opportunities, disorganized