The Goetzman Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
The Goetzman Group CEO and President Greg Goetzman
Greg Goetzman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at The Goetzman Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Over 10 years with The Goetzman Group and over 25 years in accounting/finance. Many assignments provided valuable opportunities to enhance my knowledge in a particular area and experience variety of industries. Good feeling of accomplishment when assignments are completed. Good work-life balance on most assignments. My working relationship with the firm is great. The company treats me well and provides consultants with full benefits and Bench Pay. Greg is easily accessible to discuss anything on you mind.

Cons

Some clients can be overly demanding.

2. "Job Security and Flexibility"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Goetzman Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Greg, the founder of the company has the right formula to attract and retain talented consultants. He understands it is of people’s business. Hiring people with solid professional knowledge, outstanding communication skills with integrity is imperative to company’s success.
    I am going on my 7th year with The Goetzman Group. Looking back at various assignments I took on, every single one offered me valuable opportunities to grow my business acumen, to enhance my knowledge in a particular area, to gain a different perspective on business operation, to connect numbers with business prospects in a variety of industries. I am very pleased of this working relationship with the firm. I enjoin flexibility and freedom as a consultant here and feel no incentive going back to the old routine. The company treats consultants well with full benefits and Bench Pay. Greg is easily accessible to consult and discuss about any topics of an assignment. It is no secret the firm was named best work place in LA.

Cons

Still trying to find one

Advice to Management

Keep this winning formula !

3. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Goetzman Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stellar ownership /management, with an exceptional roster of clients. Excellent work/life balance. High demand for the firm's specialty services. Wide variety of assignments and industry sectors. Competitive pay, including overtime (if worked). "Bench Pay" when between assignments. Full company-subsidized benefits package, including paid holidays and vacation. Management strives to place you in assignments that are close to home, and they are diligent about matching your skill set to potential opportunities, setting you up for success and repeat business.

Cons

None, this company is top-notch.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at The Goetzman Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working for The Goetzman Group has allowed me the work life balance I've always wanted. As a long time consultant I've had the opportunity to work in a variety of industries and supporting different areas of accounting and finance. With each client I've also picked up new technical skills or learned new software along the way.

Cons

Being a consultant requires you to adapt quickly to a new environment and be able to go into a client and hit the ground running. This may not be for everyone.

5. "Excellent career growth opportunities!"

Pros

Close cohesive elite team of knowledgeable professionals.
    Feels like a family, peers enjoys supporting each other and help each other grow!
    CEO is very approachable and understanding and has a strong team in providing solutions to their clients.
    Great place to work for professionals who requires flexibility and to spend more time with family
    Seeing how employers have employed through other agencies, Goetzman is a premier choice for employers, you simply can't go wrong with this dedicated team.

Cons

No negatives. It's a great place to work! I left due to personal reasons and had limited choice. Goetzman is truly a dream profession, very few is selected and I was very fortunate to be part of this elite team.

"Senior Financial Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Consultant

I have been working at The Goetzman Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I joined the Goetzman Group almost 14 years ago with the intention to work for them 1 or 2 years; however, that plan changed when I realized that this company was the right fit for me. The 3 major assets of the Goetzman Group in order of importance are as follows:
    1. Greg Goetzman – I am very proud to be part of his group of consultants, Greg is a professional of high caliber whose networking skills open the door to a variety of clients which result in valuable work experiences for us the consultants. Greg is one of the best bosses I have ever had.
    2. The Goetzman Group has been the bridge that connected me with 500 Fortune companies like Disney, Warner Brothers, UCLA, HealthNet, AIG, etc., by working for the Goetzman Group I had been able to experience not only different companies but also a variety of industries.
    3. Life-work balance is more attainable as a consultant, and the times that I do get to work overtime I am fairly compensated.

Cons

Some the cons are:
    1. When the time comes to move to new clients, the learning curve starts all over again.
    2. Managing the different personalities at the client can be sometimes a challenge

"Great alternative to Corporate Ametica"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at The Goetzman Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on different systems
    Allows one to expand professional contacts
    Ability to work in different areas of finance and accounting - such as budgeting and planning, acquisition integrations, fixed asset accounting, statutory reporting, transfer pricing
    More work life balance
    Competitive salary and benefits
    Goetzman management supportive

Cons

Job location changes periodically so commute time changes
    Dealing with different personalities however this has taught me how to handle difficult employees/employers

Advice to Management

8. "Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Goetzman Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Exposure to various industries.
    - Work / life balance is achieved.
    - Open communication with senior management
    - Feeling accomplished when project assignments are completed

Cons

- Feeling isolated at times during lengthy project assignments
    - Client service becomes challenging for demanding clients.

Advice to Management

Excellent job in providing service to the clients. Client support is greatly appreciated and makes the consultants job a little easier to handle. Kudos to our CEO for keeping us together especially during the economic downturn.

9. "Couldn't be happier with my decision to come here"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at The Goetzman Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Great Exposure to various industries
    -Many intereting projects
    -Good compensation
    -Ample opportunities to learn new technology
    -Managers will try to tailor projects to your interests once they learn them
    -Good work-life balance

Cons

-You must be a self starter who is able to work with little to no direction.
    -Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

10. "Best Working Environment!"

I have been working at The Goetzman Group full-time

Pros

The working environment here at Goetzman Group is amazing. The administrative team really goes above and beyond when it comes to making sure that both the client and the consultant are happy with their placement. The team is also incredibly understanding in dealing with situations outside of the workplace. I look forward to staying with this growing company for years to come!

Cons

There are absolutely no cons.

Advice to Management

Nothing that I can think of. Keep up the great work!