KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 5 years

This law firm is going places1

Nov 16, 2021 - Department Head in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to grow and shine for any lawyer interested in being a courtroom litigator

Cons

May gain a bit of weight due to all the free food, lol

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

They treat you like a person, not an employee.

Apr 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Gonzalez Law Group is an extremely fast-growing company and a wonderful place to work! The CEO truly cares about each individual, welcomes creativity, and leads by example. The culture at The Gonzalez Law Group is the best I’ve ever worked for and everyone is authentic and loves what they do. Training processes are great and really help people to feel comfortable in each position. The managers are always willing to help and will take time out of their day to dedicate to helping you if needed.

Cons

Because The Gonzalez Law Group is growing so rapidly, there are a lot of changes that happen fairly frequently, which can be stressful for some.

Assistant Office Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We strive to bring the best out of everyone!

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overworked and Underpaid

Aug 3, 2021 - Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

Potlucks every now and then. Margarita Days Management ladies are pretty understanding that life happens and will work with you.

Cons

No work life balance. Meeting after meeting after pointless meeting which mostly take place AFTER work hours and if you’re a salaried employee, they will be unpaid meetings. Very high turnover. They hire just about anybody even if they have no experience. In my time with the firm I saw about 45 people come and go. Very high and unrealistic expectations for very little pay. “Raises” are a joke and PTO/Sick days are non existent. A lot of high school drama and favoritism.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

5 Stars

Apr 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great owners, management, and employees. I joined this team not too long ago and everyone treats each other like family. The office is new which feels amazing. I'm ecstatic to have finally found coworkers that make you feel welcomed.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this law firm

Assistant Office Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We believe in having a great atmosphere with a newly renovated office to match!

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The Workplace

Apr 28, 2021 - Legal Assistant/Receptionist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Margaritas, Breakfast on Saturdays, Department bonus

Cons

Unreasonable pay, Distasteful Hierarchy, Heavy workload

3 people found this review helpful

Assistant Office Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We can begin by addressing your pros and cons. Margaritas can be a pro but not when consumed during lunch. We realized some of our employees had issues understanding this. However, we are glad you enjoyed our Saturday breakfast and department bonuses. Our company knows we are generous with our department bonuses which does not agree with your con of “unreasonable pay.” Our firm offers fair compensation for employees who perform well. The hierarchy mentioned in your cons is not a hierarchy at all. There are levels of management, which you were a part of as a supervisor of a department. We are a busy law firm and are proud to be growing rapidly. If being busy throughout the day is what you consider heavy workload, then this firm is not the right fit. As a previous supervisor with our firm, you would have been responsible for majority of the positive changes or positivity in general. Employees can feel “miserable” based on the environment that a supervisor provides. Bonus structure was something that you as a supervisor would have established. Some of our previous supervisors refused department bonuses because they felt that they were compensated fairly after their promotion. This is not something you opted for, and we respect your decision. Remember, the starting rate which you refer to is not a set rate. We offer salary increases based on performance after only 3 months with the firm. Our company holds high standards for everyone employed. We will not tolerate any type of misconduct that can affect other employees. In some cases, replacements do need to be made. Our company has been able to grow because we follow a set of procedures and have the best employees to carry them out. While this allows us to grow, it also creates several expenses aside from just your paycheck. Lastly, the negative and toxic environment that you mention no longer exists in the department that you supervised since you left. As a supervisor that walked out on their team in the middle of the day with no warning, we hope you are able to find an employer to better suit you!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Poot management

Mar 6, 2020 - Call Center Representative in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every once in a while they will order food for he office and bring over sweets

Cons

I worked at The Gonzalez Law Group for a month and a half as a Call Center Intake Specialist. After 3 weeks, it was brought to my attention that I was not using the “proper” greeting. I restated my greeting to the manager and was only switching two words around. That same week, I was told to remove a piercing that was not in good taste to the manager in charge. I explained to her that I had previously asked the supervisor if it was okay that I wore it and she said yes. I even confirmed it was okay according to the employees manual. The manager begrudgingly told me to remove it exclaiming that she didn’t care what the supervisor said and that what’s she said goes, so I did. At the end of the week she called me to her office and asked me to sign two formal write ups for the incidents above. I received no warnings whatsoever and was immediately reprimanded having only worked there for a month. After these events it seemed like the manager had it out for me. The last straw was when I was called to attention for not answering calls on the first ring. Other employees did the same but I was the only one being noticed and felt as if I was being targeted since my first run in with the manager. The turnover rate is very high, during my time here 7 people quit the firm. The employees are always gossiping and not attentive to their jobs, if you’re not liked by the group then you will be targeted and will find any reason to write you up.

2 people found this review helpful

Assistant Office Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Regarding your piercing, we have a professional dress code as a law firm that we expect all employees to follow regardless of title. The employee manual that you claimed to have read clearly states that you must ask a manager about any dress code questions (this includes face piercings). Simply because you ask someone in your department that was hired before you, does not make them a manager. Therefore, you did not ask the appropriate person for clarification nor permission. Our firm does have a formal greeting for all incoming calls. We like to ensure uniformity and that is the reason for any corrections made to your greeting, not to upset you. It is common for incidents like this to be documented as verbal warnings to ensure they are not being repeated. Being a call center intake specialist with our firm is one of the most important roles. We expect calls to be answered promptly and aim to answer on the first ring. However, when an individual is purposely ignoring calls to watch videos on their phone, that is unacceptable. Lastly, as much as we wish to retain all the good talent we come across, turnover happens for various reasons. At the end of the day, we wish them all the best including you. - The Gonzalez Law Group

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

A firm that cares about their clients and developing their employees

Feb 7, 2020 - Attorney
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leaders of the firm give a lot of great opportunities to learn as well as as mentorship. Every position at the firm comes with the opportunity for growth within the firm. The firm definitely has a big family feel and the owner regularly organizes events outside the office that allows for bonding between employees across all levels. This firm also cares a lot about the clients and getting them good results. They care a lot about developing their employees and devote a lot of time to training. This is a good place to develop a career as well as making a positive impact on client’s lives.

Cons

The time off is not great and you will be expected to work past 5 pm, which may not be ideal for everyone.

Assistant Office Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stay away!

Jan 8, 2021 - Attorney in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bar dues and annual CLEs were covered by the firm.

Cons

Too many to list but the number one con about this firm is the owner. Simply put, for a licensed attorney he is unprofessional and unethical. It's amazing he hasn't been disbarred.

Assistant Office Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope you find an employer that is a better fit for you.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Going places but needs work

Dec 20, 2020 - Staff Member in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The employees are the best

Cons

The managers, not so much

Assistant Office Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work environment!!

Jun 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for almost three years. I believe working here is what you make it, In my experience It has been very positive. This place has more than doubled in size since I have been here. Great bosses and co workers!

Cons

This is a busy busy place!

Assistant Office Manager

Thank you for your review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews

The Gonzalez Law Group Reviews FAQs

68% of The Gonzalez Law Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Gonzalez Law Group 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The Gonzalez Law Group to be work life balance, coworkers, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with The Gonzalez Law Group Job Seekers