The Gotham Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1.6
Ellen Goldsmith-Vein
  1. "learning experience"

I worked at The Gotham Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

some great people, opportunities to learn, exposure to many aspects of entertainment, mentorship if with the right supervisor, opps to see how company is run

Cons

some politics, not a lot of opps for growth at middle levels, assistant pay is absolutely terrible despite the long hours

Advice to Management

pay assistants more

2. "Intern"

I worked at The Gotham Group

Pros

Learned a little bit of information

Cons

Bosses had no respect for each other, let alone any of their interns. No one was motivated to do their work, little help as an intern from superiors.

3. "Terrible work environment"

I worked at The Gotham Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The clients are the only good feature at the company that really has no influence on your job as an assistant.

Cons

They have the worst management. They give no feedback. And fire for no reason. All the assistants are mean to each other and backbiting. No one is helpful. Management acts as if they are on their high horse and give no feedback to assistants. They act like the assistants don't even exist.

Advice to Management

Grow up and give helpful feedback to employees to make a healthy and pleasant work environment.

4. "Regrets.. I wish my time back."

I worked at The Gotham Group

Pros

The office is located in Hollywood far from the busy area. They have in the same building a couple of other companies and sometimes you can see someone famous coming to buy a house. Every moth they had a meeting/ class for the interns and assistants.

Cons

ZERO feedback on my work specially on the coverages that I worked so hard. The inveroment is not friendly, everybody hates each other but they try to hide it. Ellen never spoke with any of us and that made us very nervous to have any conversation with the other managers. The place has potencial but is small for so much ego.

Advice to Management

Jewish people don't like german cars.

5. "Really loved the culture. Management is misguided."

Former Employee - Creative

I worked at The Gotham Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment and extremely friendly people! functioned like a group of friends as opposed to a company.

Cons

Upper management unable to agree on the direction of the company which ultimately lead to massive layoffs.

"DONT WORK FOR THEM"

I worked at The Gotham Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has a lot of vacation days.

Cons

Bad pay, people are over worked and Ellen Goldsmith Vein has a few screws lose. Her Husband Jon Vain thinks he is involved in the company but has no percentage of ownership or even has any company affiliation. They have terminated employees unjustly and don’t care about what the employees have to say. They take lavished vacations and are worried about keeping money in their pockets instead of paying employees. Ellen...

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together.... and stop taking advantage of the few employees that work for you.

Found 6 reviews