The HOTH Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company culture is unlike any other" (in 9 reviews)

• "It blows my mind that people try this as their full time job" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very fast paced with high expectations" (in 4 reviews)

• "That way, editors could spend more time guiding and supporting writers" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at The HOTH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work culture, friendly coworkers, lots of room for career growth.

Cons

Very fast paced with high expectations.

Advice to Management

Love the management. Very helpful and want the absolute best for their teams.

2. "Great Company. Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at The HOTH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone who works here is awesome and willing to help you. They are also all very welcoming. The opportunity for professional development is awesome too. Cannot forget the location either. St. Pete and The HOTH office are beautiful.

Cons

Can be very fast-paced at times. Pay isn't quite what I would like. They could be a little more transparent with pay structure and opportunities to advance.

Advice to Management

I would recommend being a little more transparent with the pay structure and what to expect there. Other than that, nothing.

3. "One Of A Kind Company"

I have been working at The HOTH full-time

Pros

The company culture is unlike any other. Everyone genuinely cares for each other and helps each other grow and succeed. I haven't experienced this much support and kindness from any previous job than I do at The HOTH. The management challenges and pushes you to be your best self because they have full confidence in their employees. This company has helped me become the successful and confident person I've always wanted to be.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons!

"Greatest job I've ever had"

I have been working at The HOTH full-time

Pros

The Hoth is by far the greatest job I've ever had. The organization provides all the tools and guidelines to help each individual succeed. You are challenged to make decisions, and you're supported on them. Our work environment is always positive, and everything is done in a team effort. Truly the greatest career path I've chosen.

Cons

There is honestly nothing negative I can say about The HOTH.

"Best place to work at"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at The HOTH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is incredibly friendly and always works their hardest. People are always in a great mood and that spreads around the whole office. Management does a great job making sure everyone has whatever they need to do their best job possible.

Cons

It can be a little stressful sometimes when there are a lot of different things going on all at the same time.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, The HOTH is doing great and nothing can stop this train

"Account Manager"

I have been working at The HOTH full-time

Pros

This company knows how to make their employees want to work for them. The owners and managers encourage all employees to communicate their wants and needs and not only listen but constantly follow through. I moved across the country and am so thankful I landed at The Hoth. Everyone was incredibly welcoming and I had this group of strangers going out of their way to help me get settled my first few weeks. Never felt like strangers though, more of a family. Management never feels unapproachable and push each employee to their full potential. I truly believe the culture within The Hoth is directly related to the success of the company. As well as their bad @$$ SEO.

Cons

Zero cons. Unless you don't like office dogs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thang. I can't emphasize enough how great the leadership is within this company.

"Nice People"

I worked at The HOTH part-time

Pros

Great people, everyone worked really hard and were always supportive of each other!

Cons

Slow with payments for employees

The HOTH Response

Mar 5, 2018 – Operations Manager

Hi,

Thank you for your review. It's always important to gain as much information from our team - both current and former - to make sure we can provide the best experience for our team. I very... More

"A position at this company is worth fighting for"

I have been working at The HOTH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I spent 3 years dreading my old job. I persistently pursued a job at the Hoth because I liked their transparency and culture. This job has honestly changed my life. I am happier every second of every day because I get to work with such intelligent, fun people. The office is modern and the views are spectacular. Management honestly cares about each employee and their lives. This company is a success rocketship and it's not slowing down anytime soon.
    Cute dogs in office
    Snacks
    But, the people are what makes this job amazing. I have not thought of pay since the day I started because I love working here.

Cons

Elevators suck. Things move fast here can seem easy to fall out of the loop if you are not constantly aware.

"This is literally the best side gig ever"

Current Employee - Content Writer in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Content Writer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at The HOTH part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work when you want. From home, from the bar, from the plane.

Pay is good if you're a fast writer. And note: pay is good if this is a SIDE GIG. It blows my mind that people try this as their full time job. That would be so stressful (+ no benefits.) I normally take on the minimum # of required articles each week and I enjoy the extra cash for travel, gifts, etc. This job does not (and cannot) pay my real bills.

Start-up firm with fun culture. First conference is in 2018.

Cons

Queue sometimes runs low or dry, meaning don't rely on this for regular income.

Quality Control (QC) can be sticklers sometimes (e.g. please reduce paragraph to 3 sentences...but if they'd taken the 10 seconds to do it, would already be off to client and earning revenue.)

"The Best SEO Company I've Worked for"

Current Employee - Web Content Writer in Valdosta, GA
    Current Employee - Web Content Writer in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at The HOTH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to work when you want and how much you want, pay is twice weekly and there's a Facebook group where you can get all the support you need (and mingle with your co-writers). Plus, you get first dibs on new opportunities, so moving up in the company is definitely possible.

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Great communication and feedback all the time.