The HOTH Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best place to work at"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at The HOTH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is incredibly friendly and always works their hardest. People are always in a great mood and that spreads around the whole office. Management does a great job making sure everyone has whatever they need to do their best job possible.

Cons

It can be a little stressful sometimes when there are a lot of different things going on all at the same time.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, The HOTH is doing great and nothing can stop this train

"Greatest job I've ever had"

I have been working at The HOTH full-time

Pros

The Hoth is by far the greatest job I've ever had. The organization provides all the tools and guidelines to help each individual succeed. You are challenged to make decisions, and you're supported on them. Our work environment is always positive, and everything is done in a team effort. Truly the greatest career path I've chosen.

Cons

There is honestly nothing negative I can say about The HOTH.

"Writing for the Hoth"

Former Employee - Content Writer in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Content Writer in Remote, OR

I worked at The HOTH part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Flexible work that can be done at the comfort of one's room.
    -Above fair pay for content delivered.

Cons

-Summary dismissal for issues that can be ironed out.
    -Rude quality control staff

Advice to Management

-QC is full of guys full of themselves and rude when contacted on anything that may require their attention. Such guys have never made any company to thrive or become better than it was. Communication with all the people that are interested in your company ought to be courteous, even when there are reasons for your staff to be rude.
    -Review pay for writers submitting Filipino content. The pay for these guys is terribly low and can hardly amount to minimum wage. With this low pay and the many demands for high quality content, logic is completely overridden.

The HOTH Response

Jun 15, 2018 – Operations Manager

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

As a growing company, it is always important to gather feedback to continue to provide the best experience possible.

It is unfortunate that we had to part... More

"Account Manager"

I have been working at The HOTH full-time

Pros

This company knows how to make their employees want to work for them. The owners and managers encourage all employees to communicate their wants and needs and not only listen but constantly follow through. I moved across the country and am so thankful I landed at The Hoth. Everyone was incredibly welcoming and I had this group of strangers going out of their way to help me get settled my first few weeks. Never felt like strangers though, more of a family. Management never feels unapproachable and push each employee to their full potential. I truly believe the culture within The Hoth is directly related to the success of the company. As well as their bad @$$ SEO.

Cons

Zero cons. Unless you don't like office dogs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thang. I can't emphasize enough how great the leadership is within this company.

"Nice People"

I worked at The HOTH part-time

Pros

Great people, everyone worked really hard and were always supportive of each other!

Cons

Slow with payments for employees

The HOTH Response

Mar 5, 2018 – Operations Manager

Hi,

Thank you for your review. It's always important to gain as much information from our team - both current and former - to make sure we can provide the best experience for our team. I very... More

"Content Writer"

I have been working at The HOTH part-time

Pros

Flexible Hours
    Great Company Culture
    Opportunity for Growth in Other Positions
    Great Entry Level Writer Position

Cons

O.K. Pay
    Limited Topics
    Strict Format
    No Raises for Writers
    Writing Isn't the Big Focus; SEO is

"A position at this company is worth fighting for"

I have been working at The HOTH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I spent 3 years dreading my old job. I persistently pursued a job at the Hoth because I liked their transparency and culture. This job has honestly changed my life. I am happier every second of every day because I get to work with such intelligent, fun people. The office is modern and the views are spectacular. Management honestly cares about each employee and their lives. This company is a success rocketship and it's not slowing down anytime soon.
    Cute dogs in office
    Snacks
    But, the people are what makes this job amazing. I have not thought of pay since the day I started because I love working here.

Cons

Elevators suck. Things move fast here can seem easy to fall out of the loop if you are not constantly aware.

"This is literally the best side gig ever"

Current Employee - Content Writer in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Content Writer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at The HOTH part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work when you want. From home, from the bar, from the plane.

Pay is good if you're a fast writer. And note: pay is good if this is a SIDE GIG. It blows my mind that people try this as their full time job. That would be so stressful (+ no benefits.) I normally take on the minimum # of required articles each week and I enjoy the extra cash for travel, gifts, etc. This job does not (and cannot) pay my real bills.

Start-up firm with fun culture. First conference is in 2018.

Cons

Queue sometimes runs low or dry, meaning don't rely on this for regular income.

Quality Control (QC) can be sticklers sometimes (e.g. please reduce paragraph to 3 sentences...but if they'd taken the 10 seconds to do it, would already be off to client and earning revenue.)

"The Best SEO Company I've Worked for"

Current Employee - Web Content Writer in Valdosta, GA
    Current Employee - Web Content Writer in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at The HOTH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to work when you want and how much you want, pay is twice weekly and there's a Facebook group where you can get all the support you need (and mingle with your co-writers). Plus, you get first dibs on new opportunities, so moving up in the company is definitely possible.

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Great communication and feedback all the time.

"Easy, fun freelance work!"

Current Employee - Writer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Writer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The HOTH part-time

Pros

- Being able to take on as much or as little as my schedule will allow is the best!
    - Even though the writers work remotely they still receive an awesome amount of support.
    - There's a great sense of community and ease of communication among everyone.
    - I've learned a lot in my time writing for The HOTH and have found my writing skills have sharpened up over time as well!
    - This job has allowed me to have more freedom than I could have imagined having elsewhere.
    - Everyone has a very work hard, play hard attitude that makes working for this company a lot of fun.

Cons

- Sometimes the assignments can feel a little tedious due to bland topics. This isn't so much a HOTH problem, but just something that comes with this type of work.

Advice to Management

Consider higher compensation for particularly difficult to write topics or particularly hard to please clients.