The HT Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Mark Turpin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best place to work for a reason!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at The HT Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People actually care! Not just for each other but for our clients and every person we help find a job! We are changing lives for the better and that positivity is felt in every aspect of our jobs! I have fun and enjoy coming to work every day! Leadership cares...they encourage us to bring new ideas to the table and they listen. It’s a very refreshing environment!

Cons

Can’t think of any...and I’ve tried!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the talent you have working for you. Continue to follow through with new initiatives...oh and Mark, more of your amazing BBQ is always appreciated!

Jun 18, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the nice words. More BBQ on the way!!

2. "HT Group is a genuine life saver!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at The HT Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is reliable and resourceful. They will work with you to find what you are looking for. They are extremely professional and kind.

Cons

I don’t have any cons at this time.

Thank you.

3. "Disfunction"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at The HT Group (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Management is horrible - they either ignore everything that is going on or scream at employees. There's no middle ground.

Jun 18, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your review. FYI - We present a two hour long state of the company every quarter that allows each employee to know exactly where the company stands versus our goals. We have a monthly... More

"Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at The HT Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very positive work environment that allows you to collaborate with management, sales and other recruiters in an open way. They have created a Non-Micromanagement atmosphere where the focus is to find quality candidates and place them into good companies. In other words this is NOT a smile and dial agency that has junior recruiters blindly calling in the hopes of something working out. I have access to all the tools (job boards, posting, etc.) that allow me to be successful. There is a lot of growth and with the new direction things appear to be going the right way.

Cons

Health Benefits and 401k are average

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Nov 18, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the thoughtful review. We appreciate the feedback.

"Could have been a great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Almost everyone on the team is friendly, professional and knowledgeable in their field.
    The CEO encourages this kind of culture and as a result, The HT Group offered a positive work environment.

Cons

A few individuals, who shall remain nameless, are not only rude, condescending and disrespectful, they are unprofessional in the way they speak to associates and clientele. I personally find it hard to work with or for people who use these strategies to be portrayed as powerful or intimidating. And I don’t think anyone in the office is impressed with management who chooses this kind of leadership. It’s unfortunate that the team is subject to this behavior but it is a reality of job, regardless of what your title is.

Advice to Management

I think you know who the team has issues with. I think you know why they are having issues with these individual(s). My advice is to do something about it or continue to lose talented employees, current and potential.

Oct 9, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the honest feedback.

"The Best of the Best"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at The HT Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

The HT Group is one of the best staffingcompanies I have ever worked for. The owners and managers are open to suggestions. The company provides snacks and soft drinks free for everyone and buys lunch and breakfast for us three or four times a month. The entrepreneurial spirit is strong here. Basically the harder you work the more you make. The owners are very supportive of charitable causes. They sponsor a big party/crawfish boil every spring for Dress for Success Austin. We also have teams in the annual Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids tournament. They have an excellent pay and commission structure here.

Cons

They need a 401K match, I've heard that is in the works

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Jun 12, 2017 – CEO

We appreciate the feedback.

"Overall, a great place to work"

I have been working at The HT Group full-time

Pros

The recent changes made at The HT Group have all been for the positive, bringing in some great management with a lot of experience in the industry have given a lot of hope for growth in the future. There is a true sense of team work here making a great work environment. Everyone here wants everyone else to be successful so that helps keep morale high.

Cons

Health benefits aren't the greatest but are probably considered standard for the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

"Found me a job fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at The HT Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

everyone is friendly and care about finding you a job

Cons

no cons to report so far

Thanks for the review.

"Temporary Job Seekers"

Pros

Very personable staff who keep you updated and in mind whenever a job opportunity comes up.

Cons

Very much for temporary work- didn't see much opportunity or room for growth beyond assistant jobs

Advice to Management

Doing a great job!

Jan 12, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the review. We have plenty of direct hire jobs. Please see our job board at http://www.thehtgroup.com/job-search.

"Why is this place a revolving door?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at The HT Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule,especially for sales. We can come and go as we please. When you know how to work the system you can really work half days and not actually build any business but keep your job. It's awesome here! It's also nice to see the other rave reviews that are clearly not submitted by management. It's good to see that the ratings are honest.

Cons

This place is a revolving door. I can't build any lasting relationships. I don't understand why anyone would leave here. I assume people get let go because of their poor performance. Or inability to cover their tracks.

Advice to Management

No advice for management. They built a small business to be profitable for them and it's working.

Aug 29, 2016 – CEO

We are working on culture and retention. I would also suggest that we are not a shop that micro-manages our people. We have activity standards in place and individuals need to have a personal drive... More