The HT Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Mark Turpin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at The HT Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very positive work environment that allows you to collaborate with management, sales and other recruiters in an open way. They have created a Non-Micromanagement atmosphere where the focus is to find quality candidates and place them into good companies. In other words this is NOT a smile and dial agency that has junior recruiters blindly calling in the hopes of something working out. I have access to all the tools (job boards, posting, etc.) that allow me to be successful. There is a lot of growth and with the new direction things appear to be going the right way.

Cons

Health Benefits and 401k are average

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Nov 18, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the thoughtful review. We appreciate the feedback.

2. "Could have been a great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Almost everyone on the team is friendly, professional and knowledgeable in their field.
    The CEO encourages this kind of culture and as a result, The HT Group offered a positive work environment.

Cons

A few individuals, who shall remain nameless, are not only rude, condescending and disrespectful, they are unprofessional in the way they speak to associates and clientele. I personally find it hard to work with or for people who use these strategies to be portrayed as powerful or intimidating. And I don’t think anyone in the office is impressed with management who chooses this kind of leadership. It’s unfortunate that the team is subject to this behavior but it is a reality of job, regardless of what your title is.

Advice to Management

I think you know who the team has issues with. I think you know why they are having issues with these individual(s). My advice is to do something about it or continue to lose talented employees, current and potential.

Oct 9, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the honest feedback.

"The Best of the Best"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at The HT Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

The HT Group is one of the best staffingcompanies I have ever worked for. The owners and managers are open to suggestions. The company provides snacks and soft drinks free for everyone and buys lunch and breakfast for us three or four times a month. The entrepreneurial spirit is strong here. Basically the harder you work the more you make. The owners are very supportive of charitable causes. They sponsor a big party/crawfish boil every spring for Dress for Success Austin. We also have teams in the annual Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids tournament. They have an excellent pay and commission structure here.

Cons

They need a 401K match, I've heard that is in the works

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Jun 12, 2017 – CEO

We appreciate the feedback.

"Found me a job fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at The HT Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

everyone is friendly and care about finding you a job

Cons

no cons to report so far

Thanks for the review.

5. "Overall, a great place to work"

I have been working at The HT Group full-time

Pros

The recent changes made at The HT Group have all been for the positive, bringing in some great management with a lot of experience in the industry have given a lot of hope for growth in the future. There is a true sense of team work here making a great work environment. Everyone here wants everyone else to be successful so that helps keep morale high.

Cons

Health benefits aren't the greatest but are probably considered standard for the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

6. "Temporary Job Seekers"

Pros

Very personable staff who keep you updated and in mind whenever a job opportunity comes up.

Cons

Very much for temporary work- didn't see much opportunity or room for growth beyond assistant jobs

Advice to Management

Doing a great job!

Jan 12, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the review. We have plenty of direct hire jobs. Please see our job board at http://www.thehtgroup.com/job-search.

7. "Great Environment"

I have been working at The HT Group full-time

Pros

Excellent support and training for recruiters

Cons

None so far that I have seen

Sep 19, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback.

"Why is this place a revolving door?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at The HT Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule,especially for sales. We can come and go as we please. When you know how to work the system you can really work half days and not actually build any business but keep your job. It's awesome here! It's also nice to see the other rave reviews that are clearly not submitted by management. It's good to see that the ratings are honest.

Cons

This place is a revolving door. I can't build any lasting relationships. I don't understand why anyone would leave here. I assume people get let go because of their poor performance. Or inability to cover their tracks.

Advice to Management

No advice for management. They built a small business to be profitable for them and it's working.

Aug 29, 2016 – CEO

We are working on culture and retention. I would also suggest that we are not a shop that micro-manages our people. We have activity standards in place and individuals need to have a personal drive... More

"Doesn't get any better!"

I have been working at The HT Group full-time

Pros

HT provides an entrepreneurial environment, team culture, super-engaged management team and opportunity for advancement. There is great importance on giving back to the community.

Cons

The company has enjoyed tremendous growth and with that growing pains, reorganization, leadership and process changes that can leave you head spinning some days.

Advice to Management

Create opportunities for contributors at all levels to be able to demonstrate to leadership of all levels their capability and receive commendation.

Jun 20, 2016 – CEO

Thank for the feedback.

"Current Employee with 8 years longevity"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at The HT Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Treat their employees with respect.

No micromanagement and having somebody looking over your shoulder all day. They trust in the employees they hire and treat them like the "adults" they deserve to be treated. You get your job done, that is the bottom line and a philosophy that is well accepted by me and many others.

Owners bring a wealth of knowledge and over 60 years of combined experience in ALL divisions of the business, to include Temporary, Contract and Direct Hire. That is hard to find in many agencies.

Quarterly bonuses (trips as well as monetary) and annual President Club Trip.

Flexibility to work from home when needed.

An abundance of resources to utilize and the open ears of management to LISTEN when changes need to be implemented.

Quarterly team events. Owners are very generous in giving back not only to the community (annual Dress for Success charity fundraiser, Walks for Diabetes, Keep Austin Beautiful, etc.) but to their employees as well.

Cons

Unfortunately no 401K MATCH is offered.

Advice to Management

Don't have any being your door is ALWAYS an OPEN door and one does not have to use a forum such as this for change to take place or insight to be offered.

Jul 1, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your support. We appreciate all of the nice words.