The Hackett Group Reviews | Glassdoor

The Hackett Group Reviews

Updated June 8, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Even have a work from home option (in 13 reviews)

• Good office culture and provides work life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance not always possible (in 17 reviews)

• Senior management also granted themselves a ton of stock (in 13 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Learn and Thrive"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Hackett Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Have worked with Hackett in the EPM Transformation practice since 2007. Hackett has given me the opportunity to emerge from an analyst position straight out of college to being a director with related leadership responsibilities. Hackett has always given me the chance to be at least 1 step outside of my comfort zone to ensure a steep learning curve on projects and practice development activities, while at the same time providing me the leadership support where needed to make sure I would thrive in all my assignments. It is great to work with some of the brightest minds in consulting and learn from each other while we deliver high quality work products to our clients.

Cons

While making a decision for consulting you are making a decision for a life style. Travel on a regular (almost weekly) basis to our client sites is something you should definitely consider in your decision making process.

Advice to Management

Ensure continued focus on our core qualities (high skilled people with an entrepreneurial drive, training on and off the job and leadership involvement) while facilitating a rapidly expanding EPM practice.

2. "Make an Impact"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Growth opportunities exist for individuals that actively engage for feedback, step outside of comfort zones, and demonstrate commitment to improving client service skills and mentoring others. Hackett is a great place to develop professional skills at a pace that empowers employees to decide for themselves. You are in control of your career at Hackett.

Cons

Adjusting to various PM working styles from project to project can be a challenge.
    Project experience may not always be aligned to areas of interest.

Advice to Management

Continue to advance training initiatives that will drive networking between various levels of the organization. Mentorship is key to unlock full value of new employees in the right way.

3. "The Hackett Group - EPM Practice"

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at The Hackett Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

principal team availability / approach-ability, ability to own your career, IP / benchmark information access, unique culture for consulting, breadth of clients / industries

Cons

Need to to hire more resources to match practice growth

Advice to Management

Continue employee surveys, and communicating actions taken per the feedback

4. "New EPM Trans Manager Prospective"

Current Employee - EPM Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - EPM Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Hackett Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hackett is a very entrepreneurial consulting firm with well-driven and very knowledgeable individuals. The organization has a very strong EPM presence being Oracle #1 EPM implementation partner. It offers all the pros of a large consulting firm (Fortune 500 clients, large engagements, solid processes and training, growth and opportunities) without all the cons (too many hierarchies, laborious processes, no visibility or access to the leadership team).

Cons

Being more of an entrepreneurial culture, I would say you need to be a very well-driven individual to reach out to people and figure out how things work. Hackett got a good on-boarding process but you can't wait for things to happen. You need to put your name out there and get involved internally with the firm - there are tones of projects to do so. These are all the basic qualities of a consultant anyway. You need to have that drive to succeed but it can be a bit disturbing for a junior individual who seeks hands-on coaching and detailed documented procedures. Once you're in, everybody is very helpful and supportive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! the firm and EPM practice are doing really well. The other big consulting firms should be worried about us as we truly deliver strong value with a very competitive approach and expertise.

5. "The Hackett Group"

I have been working at The Hackett Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Gain exposure to C-level suite clients across a variety of industries
    -Invaluable client experiences solving issues Fortune 500 companies are facing
    -Opportunity to develop thought leadership and get involved in business development at all levels
    -Opportunity to actualize ideas and implement new programs (not bureaucratic in nature)
    -Work with highly motivated, intellectual, and helpful peers
    -Travel and explore different cities
    -Work from home if necessary on Fridays

Cons

-Project content can be niche and specialized in a few respective areas (similar type of projects)

Advice to Management

-Continue to invest in employee training and events (especially young millennials)
    -Staff more according to match employee skill sets and industry experiences
    -More formalized and structured onboarding

6. "The Hackett Group can be great"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Hackett Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most Hackett employees are extremely intelligent people. They are focused and driven which resonates in the company culture. There is a "work hard, play hard" mentality".

Cons

There is little to no on-boarding process which makes joining Hackett at any level a bit confusing. Work-life balance also varies depending on the project.

7. "Strong Client Engagement"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Hackett Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provides extremely valuable work across all industries within the SG&A space. The firms primary focus lies within Finance/EPM Transformation where high levels of value are provided to all clients.

Leveraging Hackett's extremely diverse/deep IP provides Hackett consultants with a leg up advantage against most if not all competitors.

Cons

Expectations to deliver extremely high value work to clients is high. This pressure has the ability to create a less than less than desirable work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower all consultants within the firm.

Providing new exciting opportunities for The Hackett Group will provide strengthened IP, project engagements.

"It's who you know at Answerthink"

Former Employee - Manager, SAP Practice in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager, SAP Practice in New York, NY

I worked at The Hackett Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great competitve compensation. Most people are great to work with and very professional.

Cons

If you got on the bench, you're not guaranteed to get on the next project. If the PM doesn't know you, there is a good chance he/she will not pick you for a project. Instead, someone who got on the bench after you will get it.

9. "Unique Place"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Hackett Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great team-work collaboration between departments.

Cons

Unique pay system that can fluctuate drastically between quarters.

10. "ok company in five words or less"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at The Hackett Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay in five words or less

Cons

excessive travel in so many words

Advice to Management

none