The Hanover Company Employee Reviews about "lease"

Updated Dec 29, 2020

4.0
The Hanover Company President         J Murry Bowden (no image)
J Murry Bowden
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management leaves you in the dark, and it is hard to find trustworthy managers(in 4 reviews)

• "There is great work life balance and the company takes care of it's employees(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "lease"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at The Hanover Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free apartment during lease up

Cons

Living and working onsite

2. "Great job for those looking to start a career in real estate"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at The Hanover Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Leasing Consultant position is great for those looking to start a career in real estate or sales. Hanover is a family-owned company. Working there really does feel like you are working with family. It is a fun environment and a great place to start a career in real estate. Their pay is competitive.

Cons

You will have to work on weekends. At first, it is no big deal, but then it starts to become a pain.

3. "Hanover is the best!"

Current Employee - Leasing Director in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at The Hanover Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accelerating company. Amazing support system within management and onsite team members. Upper management recognizes individuals weekly and empower their employees. The benefits are great. Building lots of new properties, great opportunity and great construction! Makes our jobs a little easier to lease.

Cons

Have to work frequent weekends unless you are a manager. Makes it difficult to plan things with family/friends when they typically have their days off.

Continue reading

"Nice on the surface, fake behind doors"

1.0
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at The Hanover Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

They let you live there for free if you're a lease up property which is a great bonus. Building was nice for the most part and well maintained.

Cons

Managers were nice at first but that didn't last long. They would ask you to do something and then completely change everything you just did. Why ask me to do something if you're just going to redo the entire thing. Just do it how to want and I'll execute it. We would have great incentives for new residents like 10 weeks free and get a lot of applicants that week and get praised. The following week they would give 4 weeks as an incentive and raise the already high prices by $50-$100. There would be very little to no applications that week and guess who gets blamed for it... Very greedy. Unrealistic marketing expectations by management. Hanover claims they will spend as much money as possible to market but when you come up with a good idea that cost some money it takes months to get approval. By that time the event you're planning to attend has passed. I feel like the few good ideas I had were passed on because they were the two managers ideas. Yet they come up with ideas and execute them and they bomb big time. Pay isn't bad but it's definitely not the greatest compared to other companies in the area which pay about $5,000-$7,000 more on the base salary. There is commission on top of the base salary which is a nice bonus but after talking to someone that works in a similar apartment community not to far away; his commission is on average $100+. Also trying to get paid on your commission is a nightmare and explaining the process would take too long. There a lot of BS clickie stuff that goes on with Hanover as well. If you aren't sucking on that nipple then good luck. Bunch of fake smiles and talk. Overall the first few months were nice but everything changed and it wasn't a good work enviroment anymore.

"Politics at its Best"

2.0
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at The Hanover Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer free housing if you are at a lease up. Ability to recruit top talent with nice buildings

Cons

Where do I start? Lowest pay in the industry and when you try to show them facts and numbers for your market they tell you to take the offer or someone else will. It's a big click and if your regional feels at all that you could take their job or run circles around them then they are intimidated. They have "Hanover" people that they say knows everything. In reality they have people that hold onto others coat tails to get what they want. Last but not least if you go to anyone with a problem including top management. They could care less.

6. "Best of the best!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Hanover Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progressive company. Fantastic support system. Managers cheer on and empower their employees. Benefits are great. The leasing incentive program is the best out of the multi-family industry. Hanover also has fantastic Regional Supervisors but the Houston sites have the best one!

Cons

Lots of movement. Not really a 'con' but sometimes the thought of moving to a different city can be scary.

"Assistant Property Manager"

Assistant Property Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at The Hanover Company for more than 3 years

Pros

Corporate took the time on a weekly basis to recognize our dedication to leasing-up a new community. Promoted from within.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment. I worked on two different communities and always felt I was an integral part of the team.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.