The Hartford Reviews in Rancho Cordova, CA | Glassdoor

The Hartford CEO Christopher Swift
Christopher Swift

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Wonderful, Respectful Employer that Listens to their Employees"

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, salary is very fair, with annual incentive bonus, good training and support, friendly teammates and team leaders. Upper management is very transparent and well liked. Lots of scheduled time off. Great benefits. They take the time to listen to their employees and act on suggestions that benefit all.

Cons

None for my position; for customer service reps, 3 unscheduled absences per year can prove troublesome, especially if you have young children- if more than 3 unscheduled, you are let go, however there are warnings prior to that, and everyone should be aware of how much PTO time they have left for the year.

Advice to Management

Thanks for making my last job in my career (hopefully) such a great experience. I love it at The Hartford.

"Great company, room to grow"

Former Employee - LTD Ability Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - LTD Ability Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at The Hartford full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Hartford believes in employee growth and training students fresh out of college. I appreciate the investment the hartford made in my personal and career growth! Good PTO request system, fair salary

Cons

Salary increases generally come from bonuses, not yearly increases

3. "Good company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

They give good benefits. Generous PTO with option to buy more every year. Wonderful Team Leaders. Work like balance . Room for growth and opportunities.

Cons

Micromanaging. Every move you made is being timed. But that is how call center it. They expect excellent results with mediocre training.

Advice to Management

I hope they would change the call reviews. We try our very best to give our customers great service but you missed one thing and you're ding for it. It makes us feel like a failure.

4. "Risk Engineering Consultant"

Current Employee - Risk Engineering Consultant in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Risk Engineering Consultant in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management team that cares about their staff members and provide regular feedback regarding performance levels.

Cons

Internal processes and systems are a bit clunky, especially for a company that's been around as long as The Hartford has.

Advice to Management

Paperwork and report writing process is unnecessarily lengthy and time consuming. Reports can and should be trimmed to remove that which is not needed or used by underwriting.

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at The Hartford full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you do not have a personal life, family or commitments this company is for you.

Cons

This company does not support their employees, they expect their workers to put their job before their family. They don't tell you that though instead they talk behind your back and will go out of their way to destroy you.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, as much as you listen to your supervisors, believe your employees as much as you believe your supervisors, and realize your supervisors aren't perfect.

6. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Claims Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for work life balance, 5.5 weeks of paid vacation time, good benefits, flexible hours, great management, great training, as well as employee engagement programs and last but not least the pay is great.

Cons

I wish we were given some sort of discount to buy Hartford insurance.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working. From team leads to RVPs and higher.

7. "Strong stable company,"

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong support for learning, always looking for employee input on how to improve processes increase efficiencies, very customer focused. Side by side ongonig training & evaluations to improve skills on a continum. Excellent opportunity for employee engagement and career growth, the company encourages career advancement. Great PTO program can purchase xtra 40 hrs a year, EAP, 401K match above industry standard. Health benefits decent'; work life balance good, ongoing training is excellent & learning from errors is more important than the error here. Fair reviews and yearly bonus is company wide based on performance. As a nurse receive a great variety of medical situations to assess keeping your skills sharp. Great to interact with people throughout country from all walks of life & assist them thru a difficult time. Realy nice people work here.

Cons

Dont offer Kaiser, too much scripting required in calls...company is addressing this Learning job roles overwelming for most w/fast paced steep, learning curve. Not really a con but there is v heavy focus on numbers, stats, maintaining efficiency in specific time frame; need to take breaks lunches at v specific sched times: This is to benefit the customer so makes sense but not a flexible job.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job; proud to work at the Hartford; keep listening to your staff; ie Harvest.
    Add Kaiser to your healthcare benefits.
    Compensation: Annual increase % 's when have excellent performance review seem to be lacking ie 1-2%

"Stay away unless you are desperate"

Former Employee - LTD Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - LTD Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at The Hartford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, pay is decent.

Cons

Constant changes and inconsistent messages leading to low employee engagement, subjective claim quality reviews with extremely high expectations and little management support, slow to identify problems and implement solutions. Little to no incentive for career progression.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and openly support and recognize your staff.

"I would NEVER recommend you work at Hartford."

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

None - I would not recommend working at Hartford - unless they were the only ones hiring. They do not treat their people with respect, pay is low and management at the local level is incompetent. There is no "big picture" being expressed to the front line employees - so who knew what was going on with home office?

Cons

The local management seemed overall incompetent. It was very apparent that local senior management did not understand the needs of the employees. They did not know how to boost moral or keep good employees. I was there 5 months and in that time, over 20 employees left, I was the 21st. That is a LOT of turnover in a 60-70 person claims operation in a 5 month period. I heard that after I left, it did not get better - a lot more people have left or been "forced out." They do NOT pay competitively to the industry. WIth my experience and knowledge - they could not pay me comparable to what I was making at my prior company, due to it "not being fair" to other employees who were currently there. How do they expect to keep good talent by compromising pay? I did change companies due to personal issues that led me to Rancho Cordova, CA.

Advice to Management

Treat employees fairly. Pay them at least fair market value, it's the least an insurance carrier can do. Also treat employees with respect. In my time there, I had excellent performance. I had nothing but good feedback, however if my boss was having a bad day, she did not have a problem taking it out on me, ON THE FLOOR in front of everyone. Does that sound like respect? No. I would NEVER recommend a friend or even an acquaintance to work for Hartford. When I left, I went back to my old company who treated me with nothing but dignity and respect, and they showed it not only in responsibilities, but in pay and benefits.

Showing 9 of 1,520 reviews