The Heights of Summerlin Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Leadership"

Former Employee - Director of Nursing in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Director of Nursing in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at The Heights of Summerlin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great corporate support for leadership

Cons

Corporate needs more frequent visits

2. "Don't waste your time!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

None. Maybe the only pro is the coworkers areally okay. But jaded because they hate the place to. Everyone complains.

Cons

Absolutely the biggest mistake, everyone wants to leave. I wish I never came here. They add on extra duties to your title after your hired and don't pay well. No one follows up with complaints.

Advice to Management

Get training classes! And follow up with your complaints.

"Ehh"

Current Employee - CNA in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - CNA in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at The Heights of Summerlin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I cant think of any at the moment. Heights has its ups and downs but mostly downs. Its a steady job when you need to gain experience to get into a hospital.

Cons

Too big of a workload. Not enough staff especially on some floors. Only given time and a half for holidays and doubles. Simply dont get paid enough for the amount of work expected of you.There is hope though,new company taking over soon. Hopefully the heights improves with all of these things.

"Discrimination of employees; Favoritism continues"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at The Heights of Summerlin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no good reasons to work here unless being treated badly is something you desire.

Cons

I'm a current employee in the nursing field here at the Heights and have been here for 4 years.. A better name for this place should be "The Lows" Ask any employee, except for the ones in administrations pockets or beds of course. Morale continues to suck. I can't recall the last time I actually saw anyone of my co-workers smile. The previous writer was correct. We're going to get a stiff neck from hanging our heads. I read a recent review and agree with it whole heartedly. Favoritism is running amuck. Another great nurse is going to be let go. Although we can not prove discrimination we certainly know what is going on. If you're a nurse or aide with 10+ years of experience it's a foregone conclusion that you will be fired. We all can see the pattern. They keep firing excellent nursing staff; the ones with knowledge and experience are being kicked to the curb and bringing in all new grads who can't even speak the English language. And why, do you ask? In a nutshell, the new grads don't qualify for the higher pay rate since they have no experience at all; however the experienced nurses are being paid a higher rate based on their knowledge and experience. Bottom line is the almighty dollar. I know the business of a business is making money, but at what cost to our patients. Do they not care at all about our patients? So what if they move an entire crew of off a floor; a crew that cared deeply about those they took care of. A crew who knew how to care for those patients. Administration doesn't care that they upset the apple cart or that the patients miss their regular nurses and aides. Their opinion is "Oh well. they'll just have to get used to someone else." Did they even ask the patients their opinions about the staff. I used to look forward to going to work. Now I worry if I'm going to fired every time I walk through the door. Trying to stay until the new company takes over and it can't be too soon. One word to Genesis, HELP!

Advice to Management

Stop the harassment and favoritism. It's well known who you're favorites are. The next time you need help moving maybe you should post it on the bulletin board. Then all of us would have the chance to become the teachers pet. Now we know why the same people keep getting those "stars" and the same people win the gifts. Shame on you.

"Terrible staffing"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at The Heights of Summerlin part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, residents and family great to work with, PT staff was awesome.

Cons

Scheduling staff not good at relaying information about changes in schedule, leadership has no idea what is really going on on the floor, Seems as though corporate only thinks of money not people.

Advice to Management

Listen to the part time or per Diem employees because they have fresh eyes and see things that could be improved much more readily than those there full time. No camaraderie between staff and management.

6. "Soul Draining!!!!!"

I worked at The Heights of Summerlin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you love to honestly take of care of people who need your help, you will like it.

Cons

The moral among the employees suck and anyone of them will throw you under the bus to save their own jobs.

Advice to Management

Communication isn't just saying hello to your employees. It is also taking the time and letting them what is going on so they don't hear stuff through the grapevine. Also, if you hire couples to work in the same department, follow what most companies do and ensure they work different shifts and units.

7. "RN"

Pros

Nothing else except that it's in a great area because it's in Summerlin.

Cons

Highest attrition rate because RNs and LPNs resigns almost everyday they hire them because of the workload given. They can give you a census of 60-70 patient per RN/LPN. They also have the lowest rate

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! Maybe you will be able to provide great customer service if you have happy employees

8. "LPN, Per diem"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse/Per Diem in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse/Per Diem in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at The Heights of Summerlin part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and good pay rate for per diem. The only thing keeping me working there for a year was to get experience in order to move on.

Cons

Communication between management is terrible, and there was a very high turnover rate for the RN supervisors. They worked 12 hr shifts and were extremely overworked. The ADON and DON only did administrative duties even when the floor was short. The actual orientation for new LPNs on the floor is too short, and there is no esprit de corps at all here.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, they know what is going on at all times. More involvement of ADON and DON with the nursing supervisors to help communication. Also desk nurses are needed at all floors for at least day and evening shifts, the nurses cannot complete their assigned duties on time and be expected to do admissions as well. The scheduling process for the per diem pool needs changing, instead of being so reactive and calling everyone on the list for a call out, have the per diem nurses fill out a monthly schedule of availability and schedule them accordingly. Also follow all policies set down in your own HR given handbook for all not just some, as there were many perceived management "favorites". Corporate should remember who they are serving, the patient not the bottom line.

9. "Not enough training before scheduling on the floor."

Pros

Good per hour rate for per diem LPN's in the area.

Cons

Not enough workers for the job that is expected, no communication between the administration and the staff. Always drama on the floor when per diem LPN's show up and don't know which floor they will be working. No set way to get schedule into the right person.

Advice to Management

Get email access for the schedule, so that the part time and per diem people can give the scheduler our preferred days at least 2 weeks in advance so that we too can plan on when we will work. Hire more nurses for the busier floors that way there won't be so much turnover and the work will actually get done.