Found 140 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "No work life balance" (in 62 reviews)
- "Management is poor and rules change frequently without proper notification to employees." (in 42 reviews)
- "Long hours (9 to sometimes 12 hour days if you factor in the drives between stores)" (in 34 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and failed strategies led to multiple restructurings and job cuts." (in 21 reviews)
- "Lack of onboarding from direct manager" (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Hershey Company and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Nov 19, 2017RSR Route SalesCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Benefits and pay are outstanding... you are encouraged to treat your job as if it’s your business. They do try to balance work and home life with additional vacation buy time as well as heritage holidays to use at your discretion. Their are no retail blackout days and you receive the day before/after Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years off. Their social giving is hands down one of the best!
The training is sketchy at best when you start so you have to be comfortable going in blind. At times you feel like more of a glorified stocker for the major stores. To move up you have to be willing to relocate which impedes on family if you have children. It also seems like you have to be younger to be considered for promotion. They leave a lot of talent at the door due to this. I also have travel and a ton of drive time which can be tiring. Especially when you loose the drive time if you aren’t on an overnight.2
- 3.0Dec 17, 2017Production OperatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearStuarts Draft, VA
Great people to work with. Benefits are good and pay.
Work a lot!!!! Not a good balance of work and family life. Have most holidays off, but not always guaranteed to get them off depending on what line you work on.4