The Home Depot Reviews in Annapolis, MD | Glassdoor

4.0
The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Pros
Cons
  • work schedule to improve work life balance (in 408 reviews)

• Never a consistent schedule as a full-time employee (in 725 reviews)

1. "Pro Desk"

Current Employee - Pro Desk Associate in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Pro Desk Associate in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coordinating with other associates within the store and with other Home Depot stores/other vendors, ensuring customer/contractor orders and needs are fulfilled. Fulfilling work and challenging. You are considered the "go-to person" at the store for most questions that need to be answered.

Cons

Financial Compensation is severely lacking the first few years but has potential for major growth.

Advice to Management

Be a good manager, rally your troops. Make them feel like family and show interest in them especially if they are considering Home Depot for a career.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Home Depot is a very friendly place to work with good benefits for part and full timers. There is good training for all employees, and they offer competitive pay.

Cons

Some of the policies are difficult to understand, and some stores have a cliquish employee atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Although management speaks as if the lowest employees are the most important part of the company, the policies and practices of the company do not always follow that idea. Management should be encouraged to allow the associates to enjoy time off with their families and the ability to attend social activities on a regular basis. The policy that full time employees must have full flex in their schedules is hurtful to people who want to spend time with their family and friends outside of work.

"it's ok"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Annapolis, MD

Pros

Benefits package wasn't too bad but I still end up broke when I went to the doctor... Set hours, decent pay for retail

Cons

I often felt under appreciated after a supervisor change I worked my tail off and got no recognition while others were being recognized for something somewhat simple in comparison. Supervisors were rarely trained properly and those who were had to be flown to headquarters.... waste of company money if you ask me.

Advice to Management

MEM wasn't around much because of split districts made it hard to talk with him. Supervisors started pressuring associates too much and caused many of us to stop enjoying the job which pushed morals down and sales too. Some department heads and store associates believe they don't have to pack down or recover throughout the week and because the MET comes in every week those departments were complete disaster areas by the time we got back to the store and many times MEA didn't have the time to make the bays correct because of this issue. Store Associates often would move home items out and replace them with a non home sku.

5. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Pros

I enjoyed my time working for Home Depot. I quickly got promoted to department supervisor after only 6 months. The customers would frustrate the hell out of you sometimes, but ultimately it was alright.

Cons

Some fellow employees were flat out rude to customers. Don't become an assistant manager, as it was the place where employees go to get fired.

Advice to Management

Many of the stores are understaffed during the winter. Overall, I think they have done well running their organization. Bleed Orange.

Showing 4 of 14,222 reviews