The Home Depot Associated Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Associated Customer Service Representative

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Learn a lot about finishing material" (in 216 reviews)

• "Benefits for part-time employees" (in 795 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard to find" (in 504 reviews)

• "I can not have a full time shift yet" (in 899 reviews)

"Customer Service Desk"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service Representative/Musician in Asheville, NC

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was faster paced so the time went by faster and my department head was a very nice lady. Everyone one that worked at the service desk with me was just wonderful.

Cons

The management was an absolute joke. They were completely hands off, everytime I did see them doing anything is was talking to each other. They never bothered to learn anything about important departments and it showed. Nobody that worked at that location at that particular time thought the management was anything but embarrassing and frustrating. The company made a lot of claims that I never found to be true either. But its a huge, Mega corporation so its about as expected.

Advice to Management

Be more hands on. Not in a way that intimidates your employees but offer to help and be a part of the store instead of hide in the back doing what i always found to be nothing.