The Home Depot Reviews in Aurora, IL | Glassdoor

3.3
The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Learn a lot about finishing material" (in 215 reviews)

• "Benefits for part-time employees" (in 790 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard to find" (in 501 reviews)

• "Hard to get into a full time job" (in 895 reviews)

1. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Asds in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Asds in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong growth in the company if you work hard and so that you want to move up in the ranks

Cons

Working as an ASDS you were expect to work 40 hours a week plus more a week off the clock. I was thrown into this position without any training because my DHR had no time to sit down to go over the laws. My DHR was two face person, she would be sweet to you and friendly when talking together then behind your back she will try to set you up to fail.

The Home Depot Response

Apr 25, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and... More

2. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always busy, time goes by fast. Unless if your having a bad day, which it is very easy to have with this position.

Cons

It is a highly involved job that does not pay well. It is not a normal retail position, you are expected to learn a lot of information and retail computer interfaces with little to no training. Even most managers that work with in the store do not know how to preform this job.

3. "We'll Hire Any Lukewarm Body - Cheap - Just Don't Try To Think"

Current Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Aurora, IL

Pros

Great air-conditioning, free cake once a month(if you are fast)

Cons

Intelligence, the ability to think for yourself, and experience are grossly unappreciated. There is little or no communication, only edicts and when guidelines and rules are put n place or job duties laid out, the necessary tools to acheive the objectives are not provided.

Advice to Management

Listen to the voice of reason and experience. Just because individuals may not want to surrender their entire lives to chasing up the Home Depot "ladder of succes", it does not mean that they do not have valuable knowledge which will enhance YOUR overall performance by making their respective departments and store profitable.

Showing 3 of 18,602 reviews