The Home Depot Reviews in Chubbuck, ID | Glassdoor

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Learn a lot about finishing material" (in 209 reviews)

• "Benefits for part-time employees" (in 772 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard to find" (in 484 reviews)

• "I can not have a full time shift yet" (in 879 reviews)

1. "Working here is a joke."

Former Employee - Cashier in Chubbuck, ID
    Former Employee - Cashier in Chubbuck, ID

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire almost anybody. (pro and con)

Cons

The scheduling is terrible! I worked as a part-time cashier so that I would be able to have time to attend classes.. they would always schedule me for at least 30hrs, when I only asked for 20, and they would also schedule me on days that I said I wouldn't be available. They say they'll work with your schedule, but they don't. They don't care about you. There were multiple times that I would work until closing (10pm) and then work the opening shift the next morning (6am). No one should ever have to do that! You also never get a set schedule. Your hours and days are all over the place, making it hard to do any future planning. My feet would hurt all day, every day. Some days it was EXCRUCIATING. In my experience most of the other employees were terrible and unmotivated. Customers would also always get irritated and insult me if I didn't know where something was. They expect you to know everything about the store just because you work there, even if you are just a cashier. I heard this snotty comment almost every day, "oh, I'm sorry, I thought you worked here." I wanted to tell them so badly to get lost, but you always have to be nice to even the rudest customers.

Advice to Management

My advice is that if you managers want to be liked by people, you either do whatever you can to fix those issues or i suggest you quit being managers and do something better with your lives.

2. "New management shows no respect and plays favortism with younger associates"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Chubbuck, ID
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Chubbuck, ID

Pros

The job is rewarding and the customers are wonderful opportunity for learning life time skills are great . Variety of jobs.

Cons

Benifits are expensive to associates . Hr suck don't want to be bothered by associates,if you need assistance you have to call a 800 number but at least they are understanding and try to assist. Favortism in chubbuck store by store manager. Was once a great store to work at.

Advice to Management

Fire the manager and bring back hr at each store.

Showing 2 of 17,845 reviews