The Home Depot Reviews in Conshohocken, PA | Glassdoor

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance needs improvement (in 450 reviews)

• I wish my position was full time (in 811 reviews)

1. "Great Place and company"

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Conshohocken, PA

Pros

A lot of opportunities for Growth, and salary advancement.

Cons

no discounts, long hours standing on feet.

"Heavily Disorganized and Understaffed"

Current Employee - Cashier in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You meet some pretty nice people, and the benefits are good.

Cons

Heavily disorganized and understaffed. Most of grunt is put on the cashiers to do everything, including security. If we need help looking for an item, 9 times out 10, we would have to do it ourselves. The floor is either too lazy or is never there to help.
    There is not a set schedule unless you work at pro full-time or have been there for many years. Also, the inappropriate customers adds for an uncomfortable work environment.

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring staff that like to tell everyone what to do, instead of what you told them to tell everyone to do. Please hire staff that would actually listen and work together to make for a more enjoyable and organized work experience.

"Don't apply for cashier."

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun employees. Helping customers was great.

Cons

Horrible management. They have different standard for cashiers. They play favoritism. The store manager would take bribe from employes for a schedule change . The pay is horrible compare to what you will endure.

Advice to Management

Stop treating ppl that work for the company the longest the worst. Cashier are priory for the company but yet you treat them the worst. And rules should apply to all associates not just cashiers. Why floor associate get 2 breaks and cashier get 1. They stand all they in one spot they should be allowed more breaks. Stop being cheap and hire more people. And stop treating cashiers like their on a factory line. Thank you.

The Home Depot Response

Nov 22, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and understand that our associates are the key to our... More

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Garden Sales Associate in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Garden Sales Associate in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive training program to help learn your dept. If you don't like to work or actually help customers this is a great place to work. DON'T worry about working hard,just make sure your supervisor likes you.

Cons

Management does not care about customer service. Management and supervisors care more about flexing any little bit of authority they have than helping customers or employees.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the customers,less standing around talking about non business related topics.

The Home Depot Response

Sep 5, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and understand that they are the key to our success. From... More

Showing 4 of 16,251 reviews