The Home Depot Reviews in Coral Springs, FL | Glassdoor

Craig Menear
  1. "Department Supervisor"

Department Supervisor in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot for less than a year

Pros

Working for Home depot is awesome. The benefits are awesome and the eye insurance is great. There is many opportunity for growth in the company .

Cons

The only down side for me was the price of the health insurance for the whole family

The Home Depot2015-07-27

July 28, 2015Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot. Keep up the great work!

"As Good as Major Retail Gets"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is huge so they make customer complaints pretty easy to solve...its mostly just give them what they want. Benefits are solid, stock program, matching 401k and in some cases tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Hard to get full time, hard to get promoted. Definite old boy's type network that exists among senior management but I assume that is probably the case in most companies.

Advice to Management

My store's team is better than most I've heard about in other stores. I would say though, they need to recognize more employees for doing good work.

The Home Depot2017-04-23

April 24, 2017Content Marketing Strategist

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "freight"

Former Employee - Freight in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Not much great job for those who cant work in the morning

Cons

Sometimes ask to say unexpected

The Home Depot2017-03-29

"Stable Employer But Low Pay"

Senior Customer Service Consultant in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, stability, long term employment.

Cons

They are cheap, pay is a little on the low side. They don't invest a lot of money into their people.

The Home Depot2016-11-07
  6. "Plumbing associate"

Current Employee - Home Depot Associate in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management and good benefits.

Cons

The hours you work are all over the place. You don't make enough money to live on.

Advice to Management

Hire quality people at full time and pay them a good hourly wage. They will care more and the store will be more efficient.

The Home Depot2016-02-23

"Bleed Orange"

Current Employee - Team Associate in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Home Depot has excellent job security as well as numerous benefits and discounts outside of the store.

Cons

From my experience Home Depot has trouble with accountablity. Some individuals will be able to skate by not doing required work while others will over compensate without an extra compensation.

Advice to Management

I would reccomend empowering all associates especially capable ones, as well as holding everyone accountable for work including asm, and dhs.

The Home Depot2015-09-24

"Great company not so great management"

There IS No More Positions, Now Where Ever Needed in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Great benefits and some good people

Cons

the stores are full of dust and loud noises. Not a healthy environment

Advice to Management

management need to be more accessible to associates. Management are not interested in associates well being nor their lives. All they want is for themselves to be recognized as the main reason for the store prosperity. No loyalty to associates that have been involved in the company's growth.

The Home Depot2015-04-03
  9. "Best Job I've ever had!"

Former Employee - Return to Vendors Clerk/Outside Receiver in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Home depot to me offered the best on the job training I've ever received. My work life balance was fine because for the most part I worked Operations and my hours were from 6:30am to 3:30pm so I don't really have much to say about that. Promotions I honestly kept turning down a lot of them because I'm not one to work strange hours nor 55+ hours a week as management my body cant handle it but they were offered to me.... Raises were pretty decent at least for me because I always had done what was requested of me.

Cons

The only con I would say would be the schedule variations, if you're in a sales department.

Advice to Management

I never had any real issues with management except at the end of my time with home depot. I couldnt get a transfer back to where I lived and I had to quit. I was driving 75 miles one way to work.. and none of the stores in my area could take me on at the pay rate I was being paid. I really miss my job with home depot honestly the job I've ever had. I never saw myself leaving just couldn't afford the drive anymore... and the 4 hours driving a day took a toll on me . anyhow thank you for having me !

The Home Depot2014-05-21
  10. "Good learning experience"

Former Employee - Cashier in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Help customers to meet their needs.

Cons

Considering that a broken candy, or an empty box that a supervisor says "throw it in the garbage" if the employee, without realizing that garbage is property of them, for instance to eat that candy; the employee is treated as a thief by the loss prevention people. It happened to me one time ; and I didn't know their policy regarding that particular issue that garbage for them is their property, so the way I was... treated, it brought me to the decision to leave that job. Those prevention people treated me as if I was a criminal and questioned me in a horrible manner. The worst part is that no one while been trained told me that. At least they could it give me a chance, and my supervisor could it bring me aside and tell me that I made a mistake and give me a warning.

Advice to Management

Make sure to explain the employees that even a piece of paper in the floor is their property. Also tell the Head Cashiers to receive the broken candies and be en-charged of the company's garbage, so the employee don't have to deal with those situation. Personally I hate to throw away food when is still eatable; but I wasn't there to eat their broken candies, but to serve their customers the best I could. Another... suggestion is that cashiers and customer service people should have a few stools around so when is no customers, at least their employees can take a little rest in their feet and legs.

The Home Depot2013-11-29

December 3, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and understand that our associates are the key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they’re respected and that their contributions are valued. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group (AACG) to express your concerns.

"I think it was excellent"

Specialty Sales Associate in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

The pay is good if you have experience. The benefits are superior.

Cons

The problems are that they hire incompetent managers while letting competent would be managers languish. The communicayion is slower than the rumor mills.

The Home Depot2011-04-02