The Home Depot Reviews in Danvers, MA | Glassdoor

1 Rating
  1. "Paint Associate"

Current Employee - Paint Sales Associate in Danvers, MA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Wide, open space makes it easy to get along with each other. Good moral, management bunch of regulars who at first, hard to distinguish manager from associate. Customers fun and always something new to learn.

Cons

Hours can be very inconsistent. Scheduling too many or too little co-workers at any one time for any certain dept.

The Home Depot2015-04-10

"Disappointed in a big box company"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Danvers, MA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good hrs. Great coworkers. Good customers

Cons

Worst job ever the management are horrible the supervisors are and all ex cons u don't get to advance unless u sleep with management . i worked there over five years i new more then my supervisor and got terminated a week before my two weeks was up I gave my notice because I found a better job .I called the aware line then four days later was fired. Called the aware line because my supervisor was doing heroin during work hrs he would stand at self check and just completely be out of it you could see marks on his arm .i told management about they did nothing so I called aware line that's was when I was let go

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better you say. Your a company that help tour employees nope your not and by. Walking the person out to shame them that's just wrong you humiliate them and show them off to all employees having people watch well there cleaning out there locker very shameful then all management talk about it with employees and laugh yes I was told by all my coworkers this happened so its true grow up management stop acting three

The Home Depot2018-05-19

"My experience has been very complicated and full of ups and downs."

Current Employee - Merchandising Associate in Danvers, MA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being my first job setting, working here has built my social skills and I now feel comfortable talking to nearly anyone. The hours are convenient- 6am -2:30 pm monday-friday. MET- MEA Merchandising Execution Associate has allowed me this consistent schedule.

Cons

There is far too much pressure to maintain numerical quotas, on MET team. Not everyone on this team is trained to do all aspects of the job. A select 1/2 will do projects on a regular basis, 1/2 price changes etc. I find that a big flaw in the system. The minimum wage pay which barely grows. I work the minimum wage here and those who have been here for 4 years just reached 12. Those are a hard workers aren't treated well enough. With the low pay people won't stay.

Advice to Management

Please change the rate of pay. Please begin to treat your associates in the ways you want to be treated. Thank you.

The Home Depot2017-11-09

"10 Year Career"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Danvers, MA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The diversity in background of the associates that work with the company is vast. In your time there you will have the opportunity to learn so much from the standardized THD curriculum, and fellow employees. The very best part of working for the company

Cons

Although I benefit from tuition reimbursement, and grew within the company beginning as a cashier and ending my career as an operations manager the growth path is not clear. My advancement was very subjective and in hindsight progressed through happenstance.

Advice to Management

invest time in your associates. Take the time to know what motivates them and then work to develop them so they may reach their goals.

The Home Depot2016-06-10
  5. "sales associates"

Current Employee - Appliance Sales Specialist in Danvers, MA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The associates I work with are the one and only reason I continue. The managers are only taught task completion not how to manage their people. I have had no training regarding my department. Computer classes are the only support offered.

Cons

Poor pay and poor support from management is the only thing offered. If you are a quick learner it is the only way to survive.

Advice to Management

Better relationships with those you supervise would be a great improvement.more recognition for accomplishment would go a long way. For the store manager to relate directly with individuals would be a tremendous boost to moral.

The Home Depot2015-10-15
  6. "From a cross clockers viewpoint"

Former Employee - Cashier, Inventory, Paint Associate in Danvers, MA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, generous, kind hearted

Cons

Lack of adequate management training

Advice to Management

Remember where you started

The Home Depot2015-07-05

"By the seat of your pants"

Current Employee - Overnight Stock in Danvers, MA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Associates are nice to work with, Do your job all is good.

Cons

No one pays attention to the real issues untill its gone past

Advice to Management

people work there, not robots, they feel, think, work laugh play just as you do. communication is the key to success..

The Home Depot2014-07-21