The Home Depot Reviews in Decatur, AL | Glassdoor

Craig Menear

"Ops Assistant Manager"

Operations Assistant Manager in Decatur, AL

I have been working at The Home Depot for more than 8 years

Pros

They hire some wonderful people who help make the job more fun and easier. I love to be busy all the time and believe me, I was always having to multi-task every day. They promote from within for the most part....the ones they promote from outside the company never make it, they always quit.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. All businesses have issues but in retail most of them are hard to find a way to resolve them.

Advice to Management

I am management. I think I am always there when called upon. I always listen when some needs a shoulder to lean on. I love teaching new skills to new individuals who want to move up in the company.

The Home Depot2016-04-14
  2. "The Home Depot"

in Decatur, AL

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

The people on the front line dealing with customers are the best there is.

Cons

They can terminate you for any reason, or no reason by law. They allow people to have control over your job that should not be in position. They are unfair and they are not loyal to any long term people. They discourage a family atmosphere at work and genuine caring for the people.

Advice to Management

Encourage the values that the founders of the company instilled in all the people they hired, take care of each other, do the right thing, are the core values they came up with, stick to them.

The Home Depot2010-01-06