The Home Depot District Operations Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance needs improvement (in 450 reviews)

• I wish my position was full time (in 811 reviews)

1. "DOM"

Former Employee - District Operations Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - District Operations Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is the best company I've ever worked for! They take care of customers and their employees! I was in a District role, but when in the stores you're expected to take care of customers. I was compensated well and love the folks I worked with! Miss it!!

Cons

Too many reorganizations I'm AP! I lived through 7! The most recent reorg was a doozie from what I understand! A few good friends of mine have been left in a tough spot. However, i sure the Company will take care of them!

Advice to Management

Make sure you reward the folks that truly work hard and avoid the trap of allowing "Johnny jump ups" to take credit and self promote!

May 28, 2015 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are... More

"No one ever retires from Home Depot"

Former Employee - District Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - District Operations Manager in New York, NY

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The salary compensation is fair however the bonus are strategically structured in such a way to ensure minimal payout.

Cons

Typical corporate ever changing goals. But the scariest part of Home Depot is that almost no one from ASM to DM is ever allowed to retire.

Mar 5, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. Our associates are key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected, their contributions are valued and they have... More

3. "A great work environment; great people with plenty of opportunity to grow your career."

Current Employee - District Operations Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - District Operations Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Home Depot provides great opportunities, has developed an outstanding company vision and the company values are people-oriented.

Cons

As with any/most retail companies, the hours can be difficult to balance with home/family life, especially during holidays and the spring-summer months.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Dec 31, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.