The Home Depot Reviews in Gilbert, AZ | Glassdoor

Craig Menear
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard to find" (in 509 reviews)

• "Hard to get into a full time job" (in 906 reviews)

1. "Good Part Time Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Department Manager and Electrical co-workers. Very accommodating in adjusting my work schedule when I was receiving cancer treatments. Treated with respect and dignity by everyone who worked at this location.

Cons

Adjusting to the requirements of retail - nights - holidays - weekends at at the time low starting pay and small wage increases occur after a year.

The Home Depot Response

Oct 18, 2018 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. Retail associates are the face of The Home Depot for the thousands of customers who walk through the doors each day. As a retail associate, you can expect to interact in a... More

"Disappointing."

Former Employee - Merchandising Execution Team in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Merchandising Execution Team in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hiring process was very easy, and the training materials available are great. Lots of videos and on-going updates for all job classes. The message that comes from the top is excellent and believable.

Cons

The pay was just above minimum wage and there are no employee discounts or local purchasing incentives. Store level management was very unresponsive to employees and not customer driven. Corporate visits and personal incentives seemed to be the motivating force. Very unfortunate because the message from corporate seemed to be very caring and rewarding. I am a shareholder who was excited to work at my favorite place on the entire planet. After a year of employment, I have considered selling my shares.

Advice to Management

The company's core values and mission is excellent. Try to find ways to bring that to your employees and they will amaze you with their performance. I want to love this company again, please TRY harder!

3. "Stuff"

Current Employee - Pro Cashier in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Pro Cashier in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

Hiring standards are lowThe driving distance to my home is close and very convenient. I don't want to have to drive far to work.

Advice to Management

Be fair across the board to employees

4. "Sigh.... Cooperation"

Former Employee - Special Services Associate in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Special Services Associate in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people are employed there

Cons

Worst place I have enough worked. The pettiness is undescribable. It's cooperate and all they care about is numbers. They say they do all these great things but bottom line it's all about money and what benefits Home Depot. So disappointed in this company.

Advice to Management

The turnover in a place like this is amazing....management can't seem to figure out that it's them!

"Home Depot is a great place to work, it is just hard to live on the wages."

Current Employee - Special Services Associate in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Special Services Associate in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Home Depot is really trying to move forward with the times, they do care about their people. Some very wonderful customers do come in to the store, able to build friendships.

Cons

Not enough pay for the amount of work expected of you there fore there are a lot of other employees that do not care because " they don't get paid enough" in turn giving us that do care triple the work.

Advice to Management

I happen to think very highly of my manager so what I would say to him is pay attention to the ones that care.

"Do not waste your energy or time."

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

Profit Sharing, Employees overnight are minimal.

Cons

You work hard with no recognition. Once management knows how well you do something they will always give you the same task when others get away with very minimal.
    Evaluations are not fair. You can work there all year and not receive feedback. Evaluations come and they will tell you all the things you do wrong or how good of an employee your are but cannot write it down because they need to show growth on you record. The potential to reach a full 5% raise is impossible. Max raise I have ever received is 3%. You work hard in extreme heat and no water cooler available. HR will not do a thing.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate management structure. All your management classes you offer is useless when you managers are to daft to listen and follow.

Showing 6 of 18,975 reviews