The Home Depot Graduate Student Reviews | Glassdoor

Cons

"Great company!"

Former Employee - Graduate Student in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Graduate Student in Tempe, AZ

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company cares about its employees. The Home Depot was one of the most positive place of employment I can remember from the start of my working career. There is room for advancement, to try new things, and they offer so many special things for their employees. If you work on a holiday, most of the stores supply your meal no matter what shift you work. There is also a fun day that each store throws and management serves the employees. I recommend The Home Depot, highly.

Cons

You usually have to start part-time and if there is a long list of people waiting to become full-time, you may have a longer wait that you hoped for. The only other thing is your schedule can change dramatically from week to week unless you made prior arrangements for a specific schedule and it was agreed upon by management and HR. You could be moved around as a cashier a lot.

Advice to Management

Try to recognize hard workers, not just pretty or those with a personality. Sometimes more quiet spirited employees are forgotten even when they are good at what they do.