The Home Depot Reviews in Green Bay, WI | Glassdoor

Updated 25 Apr 2019

3.8
The Home Depot CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

"I am Satisified with my job."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You feel like part of the team and that you matter. The management is generally pretty good.

Cons

Lower pay for the high level of service they expect. But the job is usually fun.

Advice to Management

I feel they do a fair job.

The Home Depot2013-01-09
  2. "great place"

Former Employee - Cashier in Green Bay, WI

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

responsibilities for the job are good

Cons

low hours due to politics

Advice to Management

talk to employees more

The Home Depot2019-04-25
  3. "Amazing Job"

Current Employee - Cashier/Paint in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible scheduling friendly employees room for growth lots of training for other parts of store great pay management is very understading

Cons

It is still customer service

The Home Depot2018-04-25
  4. "Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Green Bay, WI

I worked at The Home Depot full-time

Pros

Get along with employees very well

Cons

Upper Managment needs better social skills

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

The Home Depot2016-04-05
  5. "HR Manager"

Human Resources Manager in Green Bay, WI

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

- opportunity for advancement is plentiful

Cons

- poor pay, no control over hours

Advice to Management

- My advice to management is to gather input from your employees and make them feel like part of the team

The Home Depot2015-02-24

"Complete lack of respect"

Current Employee - Department Employee in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time

Pros

I enjoy helping people pick out the right tools and materials for their projects.

Cons

Management plays favorites. They are lazy and will not help out when store gets really busy, but instead will yell at you for letting customers wait while you are helping others. Department heads will refuse to answer their phones, always saying they are busy even if you can see them and they are just standing around doing nothing. The same few people will be expected to work both days every single weekend while... others never have to. Employees are harassed about donating to the Homer Fund, which contributes to employees in need. Most of those employees wouldn't be in need if the store had decent wages and benefits. No raises, period, after your probationary period. If the end of your shift comes and you are helping a customer, you can get written up for handing them off to another employee, but you will also get written up if you don't clock out in time. Completely inflexible with scheduling, unless you're one of the manager's favorites. Be prepared to have some shifts that start at 5 am and some that end at 11 pm. Be prepared to never eat a meal at a normal time again. Management refuses to do anything when customers get violent with employees, which happens more often than you'd think. Store is consistently understaffed, sometimes with one employee covering 2-3 departments during busy times. This makes it impossible to provide good customer service but we are still yelled at or written up when customers have to wait.

Advice to Management

More flexible scheduling Better wages Have store or department managers step in when store is understaffed, not just hide in their office and wait for customers to complain about the poor service so they can yell at the people who are actually out their busting their butts Do away with the Homer Fund Pay a living wage to full-time employees and offer competitive benefits Offer periodic merit-based raises Don't... play favorites Have consequences for people who always refuse to answer their phones. Better yet, have someone request help in person so it is known for sure who is busy and who is lazy Offer overtime so employees don't get in trouble for helping a customer at the end of their shift Offer an employee discount. Not doing that is cheap RESPECT YOUR EMPLOYEES Stick up for them against abusive customers Remember, the better you treat your employees, the better they'll treat your customers.

The Home Depot2015-03-06

The Home Depot Response

May 12, 2015Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and understand that they are the key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they’re respected and that their contributions are valued. In addition, associates are not required to donate to The Homer Fund. This is one of the many ways we work together in support of our core value "Taking Care of our People". The Homer Fund has helped more than 90,000 associates and their families during a financial crisis and has awarded $113 million in assistance. We recommend you call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group (AACG) to express your concerns. We’d like to help.

"Learned how to properly take care of my home."

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Green Bay, WI

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible schedule; learning opportunities of home repair and maintenance; awesome co-workers; great benefits

Cons

Low pay; nights, weekends, holidays; physical environment

Advice to Management

Better shoes for employees; district managers and up do not know reality of store environment; your best people are at the store level--listen to them!!!

The Home Depot2014-06-02

The Home Depot Response

June 6, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

Found 7 reviews